OTG Management Employee Reviews

It’s cool for your first job or a second one
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 15, 2019
OTG is for high school kids am a mother of three and the pay wasn’t doing anything for us I was struggling u can make a career out of OTG but it’s hard
Nice job and fun.
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2019
Its a fun environment but thats because it is in the airport. You get to see alot of famous people. It is a busy job and you have to stand for awhile, but some of the coworkers are nice a and team players.
Beware
Cook (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 12, 2019
Overrall the only good thing is you get paid weekly. The customers are rude. Your pay is nothing if you leave in the city. Look at it like is temporary employment not a forever job. You do over 8 hrs before you get a lunch break.
Good place for experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 7, 2019
I worked as a cashier and stocker
The company is all about making money and doesnt care about anything else.
I quit because one of the managers told me to stay overtime and i said ok i will. Then when i got paid i didnt get paid for the hours i worked. So i went to the same manager that told me to stay and told him that i didnt get paid. He said oh and started giggling. So what do you think i quit the next day when they expected me.
Pros
Weekly paycheck
Cons
Managent and service sucks
The Company is wonderful. It Just that the managers do not have the proper skills to teach the staff and they very rude !
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2019
I do not recommend you working for this company. Now this company pay okay; but dont respect ur work.But i do recommending you working for a couple months to get where you need to be. Then start looking for better. It a very stressful place to work!
Management is clueless
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2019
I have been here for 2 and a half years. The higher ups come down to houston from new york and blame the employees for the high turnover rate (over 400%). They refuse to acknowledge the horrible way the company is operated. They have no concern for the employees lives outside of work. They treat employees as if they are beneath them. Managers feel as if they can talk to people like trash and they get away with it. You will be overworked here. They are always understaffed, so you will have to do 2 to 3 jobs at once. They will try to schedule you for 6 days 12 hours every day. If you stand up for yourself they try to threaten you with suspension or termination. The point system for attendance is impossible to get over. As soon as you lose a point, two more are added. The union is one of the best things there. They really help people keep their jobs and help get set scheduling. The company fights to keep the employees down.
There is money to be made here for bartenders, if you’re lucky
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2019
I worked at OTG for several months, I bartended mainly in terminal C at bush airport in Houston. Houston being a big corporate city with a lot of businessmen traveling out of here every day, you can definitely make good money here depending at which bar you’re at. As for terminal C bars, Ember, Pala, Bam Bam, you can make 200-400 a night. If you get placed at Olio or one of the smaller bars you can make 80-150 a shift.
As for the work culture here, it’s atrocious. The snitching here is ridiculous and managers encourage everyone to snitch. It’s almost like an elementary school with people running to tell a manager that you’re 2 minutes late.
Turn over is high. No stabilty in managent or support.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2019
Senior management hasn't a clue how to run a business. Very low moral, hours are long, they are extremely under staffed. Run from any job offer from OTG.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Server position
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 1, 2019
I would at otg For 3 years Always ready to work I loved working for otg loved my guests they are loving and always requested me to serve them maybe for how loving I was to them
Productive and healthy environment to work
Sales Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2019
Great company- very supportive and always identifying ways to improve and have employees grow. Management provides tremendous resources for employees to be happy and productive. Constantly striving for company growth.
Crazy hours/poor working conditions
Bartender/Multi-Unit Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 1, 2019
I started as a bartender with management background. I took a promotion and managed for 3 years before I finally had enough. You sign for salary at 50 hrs a week. Towards the end they had me doing close to 70 hrs a week with no compensation. The crew members are all union and HR would work against us on a day to day basis. The crew did what they wanted when they wanted and I .. no support was given.
Pros
They do pay you a little more than a lot of places..
Cons
The work to life balances.. there’s no life
They could be so much better.
Lead Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 30, 2019
They need to be more diligent with employee and let the manager develop his team and be responsible for their actions so that it's not a misunderstanding's so that the day and athe job runs well instead of the so many times it's about certain manager just there to chill.
Terrible company
Head bartender (Former Employee) –  Newark Liberty International Airport, NJSeptember 29, 2019
The staff is overworked. They don’t care about their employees at all. I had to put in a complaint on one of the managers it got so bad. I wouldn’t recommend working here. The money was good at first but now you pull tips for the entire day not even for just the shift. At first it was your own tips
Managenent
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2019
OTG management is all about the managers. Employees don't stand a chance. Any manager under that company can harass you, cause you to go off and then fire you. I'm no mad ex employee cause I quit due to watching managers mistreat OTHERS. They knew not to try me. When you tease the mentally ill, you're sick, but that's OTG! Don't believe me? Go work there!
Worse company ever
Restaurant Bar / Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 22, 2019
Company using technology in a customer service industry is not a proper training. Any one can apply for a job
Some managers never worked in this industry or do not have any experience
You have to pool your tips and a lot employees don’t have any experience
A lot employees and managers turn over they can keep jobs
You can do better
Server (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 14, 2019
As a bartender, you can make the money. As a server, just prepare for-Crazy hours. Bid scheduling. Tip pooling. Over and understaff. Missing paychecks. Poor management. No food runners. No bidders. For servers it’s good when it’s good which is mainly holidays. But when it’s bad. It’s BAD and not worth your time. This isn’t the only job to work for. Take my advice and find something worth your time.
Highest Turnover in industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2019
This is the first company I have ever written a review for; the are also the worst I have ever been at. I came on, knowing there was issues, but told they were working on issues they had in past. They will tell you about the work-life balance, then get in and work 4am until 5pm-7pm or later; or work 1p until 1am to 3 or 4am (last flight). When you are home, you are expected to answer your phone immediately, check e-mails consistently, and if you don't, you have "a personal agenda" and get documented for not answering immediately WHEN YOU ARE OFF. Get used to projects e-mailed at 6pm when you just left or already left, with a 5pm deadline for the next day for all 3-8 of your locations. All managers oversee multiple locations. You are a "firefighter" not a manager. Utility workers are short and few to come by; you are the person who runs to get product, put away trucks, etc. If you are chef, the realistic expectations is you work 6 days a week because you are so short on cooks and they want to cut down on the OT. If you are one to speak up your thoughts, they will push you out the door. Senior leadership micromanage so extreme, and do not allow opinions to be voiced, and will retaliate if you speak up to corporate when they are in town because onsite senior leadership will not listen to your concerns directly. On interviews I have gone on when leaving company, MULTIPLE companies said they heard about OTG, and they are known to overpay with intentions to not keep managers long. The only ones they pay lower to are the ones they plan on keeping. When people I interview  more... with 40+ miles from the airport know about OTG, that should say something, especially since none of them ever worked at OTG.  less
Pros
Good pay for a "band-aid" income (don't plan on it being long term); eat for free (if you have time)
Cons
no breaks, not allowed to enjoy time off, micromanaged extreme, poor work enviorment
Great place to work!
Customer Services Professional and Junior Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 12, 2019
A bartender manager is responsible for overseeing and ensuring that all operations of the bar run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. They are in charge of providing quality service, overseeing food and beverage preparations, as well as supervising bar staff.
Not a good place to work at
Cashier / Hostess (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 11, 2019
Poor management ,managers have no idea of what they are doing nor do they care . The system is crazy and customers will always complain as if it was the employee’s fault .
A day a work
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 10, 2019
The worst job you can work at... managers don’t have any respect for you and I feel that they are sealing from their employees we don’t see how much money we make just have to go off what they are telling us.. we are in a pool tip system that we pool through the whole day... My money have decreased by 80% of what I use to make!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OTG Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight