OTO Development, LLC Employee Reviews

Stay away!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Not a great company to work with!!! Everyone in that hotel (Hyatt Place) that applies for one position, gets the job but does the work of 3 other people in very limited time. They will work you till your death or make you leave.
Apply with caution
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 16, 2018
You will regret working for this company. Upper management does not take any ownership for their own mistakes and actions, but are quick to blame their subordinates for their shortcomings. Although, no one is trained properly for their role. When you ask for extra training or help, you will not get the resources you need. And ultimately, it will still be your fault. You are not given the tools you need to succeed at this company. I would advise against calling HR with your concerns. I thought HR complaints were anonymous, but I was retaliated against for making a complaint because everyone knew it was me.
Pros
Pay was ok, but overall not worth losing your quality of life.
Cons
HR and upper management were horrible.
Not worth working there
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ybor City, FLMarch 15, 2018
Not worth a star..poor management.cut throat
Stay far away from this company. Good location, if have to take public transportation. Drunks on weekends/holidays.. anything that goes bad, managers stick up for the guest and disrespect you in front of the guest...Cameras on you like you're a criminal just released from prison...
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no breaks.
Horrible and verbally abusive managers
AGM (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 20, 2018
I learned never to work for a company that would allowed managers to verbal and sexually abuse you in front of people and get away with it and also had backup to prove it. OTO allows this.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management Harassment working 17 hours days, no personal life
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2017
I overall enjoyed working for OTO Development. I would highly recommend this as a nice place for employment because it has a great staff and good benefits
good place to work
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 18, 2017
OTO is a growing company with growing pains. It is a pleasant place to work and I would go back if I could. Purchasing was a fast paced department that could be successful with more of an opportunity for growth.
Don't believe anything they say
Are you kidding (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 16, 2017
The fastest growing part of this company is the corporate staff, but the only thing you get from them is a lot of rudeness, incompetence & motivational speeches. They play favorites & if you don't worship the leadership you have no future there. Not very inclusive
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms
Cons
No future unless you're friends with the owners
Well Structured and Supportive company to work for.
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 6, 2017
OTO is a company that takes the time to hire skilled and forward thinking team members. They also provide a salary that mirrors the company values and standards they hold. Great Company
Horrible management, but great place to learn skills.
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2016
Worked here for a while at the front desk. The management is corrupt and treat the employees like numbers. They dont care about employees unless they are bringing money. All the management has bad attitude and it is a toxic work environment. Also, they are cheap! So many equipment necessities do not work for over a month and they still havent fixed it. Horrible management and low pay. However, great employees and great guests.
Pros
Great guests and ability to make tips.
Cons
Bad management. Low pay.
The worst company to work for...stay away!!!
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 25, 2016
The worst management I EVER worked for. Please stay away, there are better places in the world to work for!!! PSL has other hotels that are better to work for. You should really replace all of them!!! It would be a major betterment for this hotel. I had to give a rating but, they're not worth ANY!!!
Pros
Not one thing!!!
Cons
Every manager in this place!!! They are all sell-centered and uncaring.
Worse place to work. They are underhanded and decietful
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Chesapeak VaSeptember 20, 2016
I wish I could have NOT put a star on it at all. This Company is underhanded and decietful. It does not back you up and throws you to the wolves. I worked for the Excutive house keeper and she was so unprofessional all she did was disrespect us and carry around a clipboard she NEVER put her hands on anything to help our department out. Its sad that the GM of the hotel was more hands on then our direct leader and a leader she was NOT. If it wasnt for the GM I would have NOT have stayed as long as I did..The best thing that can happen to this company is if it closes its doors permanetly. They treat their employees horrible and guest dont even feel like guests they feel as if they need them but in fact its the Hotel that need the guests.. My recomendation is DO NOT WORK HERE!!! You will make a huge mistake!!
Pros
There are NONE!!!!
Cons
Everything about this company is a CON!!
No work/life balance with constanty budget cuts
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 15, 2016
As a manager I deal with constant budget cuts and minimal staff. I routinely work shifts as a dishwasher, server, and cook while wearing suit in a "managerial position". I work 65-70 hours per week while upper management works M-F 9am-4pm.
Pros
when you get hired they pump you up for how great it will be. However, you will quickly see the truth of this.
Cons
hours, lack of support, slave-driver mentality
Worst company I've ever worked for
Cook (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 20, 2016
Title says it all. They don't care about their employees what so ever. Once they took over the hotel I currently work in, things have gotten worse. Every day is a struggle to come into work since no management helps. The staff is constantly asked to do more and more while tips and other compensations are taken away.
Pros
Cons
Short break, no help, little pay / compensation, miserable work environment
Great Company
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 31, 2016
OTO is a great company to work for with great management and coworkers. The company does a lot for the community and it's employees.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Nice company to work for.
Guest services agent/Night auditor (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 24, 2015
The corporate office cares about its employees. They do provide some benefits to full time employees. Not the greatest package but not horrible.
Gallery Host or Front Desk
Gallery Host(Should say Food Service) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 8, 2015
Position was for Gallery Host or Front Desk. Company has no room service so this position should say Food Service/Gallery Host.
Job posting is very deceiving, job consists of more food prep and work vs front desk work. Management is very lax and gives no rotation in positions to learn, so employees just clock in and work where they like.

Main Point: Position is mostly food related so if your looking to work with food, like a subway restaurant, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Management and Misleading Job Posting and Description
Very intense work environment
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 12, 2015
I really don't feel comfortable answering this. I believe this information is more confidential and not to be shared on an open forum such as this.
Pros
New Hotels
Cons
No Cons
Great place to learn the industry and advance.
Area Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 6, 2014
OTO is an umbrella development company that builds and managers large hotel chains. I was the Area Director of Sales for 2 properties, a Marriott brand hotel and a Hilton. I handled all aspects of corporate sales and supervised a sales staff. I negotiated contracts with hospitals, banks and pharmaceutical reps for corporate travel. The Hardest part of this position was that is was very demanding but challenging and rewarding at the same time. I enjoyed working with fun and talented people as well as a myriad of international travelers.
Pros
Working daily in a diverse fun, fast paced environment
Cons
Long hours, standard for the industry but hard for work/family balance
Fun place to work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ybor City, FLDecember 2, 2014
Very fun place to work at being located in Ybor City. Clientele base is business travelers through out the week and party goers on the weekend. Management is very good but there is no room for growth as everyone is pretty stagnant in their current positions.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No room for growth
Its an okay place to work.
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL.April 11, 2014
The pay is average. Marriott property in West Palm Beach, Fl...High turnover in MGMT. They dont hire from within. Only friends of a friend, so if you want a mgmt position, forget it. Too many negative changes.
Pros
Marriott Room Rate discounts and working with good coworkers
Cons
Hotel doesnt have steady mgmt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OTO Development, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7