Otsego Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Manager/Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MIMay 25, 2018
Excellent place to work. They are top notch and respect your unique values that you give the company. They allow you to establish the clinic that you feel is appropriate.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Having to do your own chart auditing
great staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMarch 27, 2018
Managment had an open door policy and cared about their employees, as well as cared for their patients, they came first. Great resources available to do a great job.
Community hospital feeling
Physician (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMarch 15, 2018
Friendly staff. Small community, county of 15,000 people. There are several outlying walk-in clinics and sub-specialty clinics that are affiliated. For its small size there are a surprisingly large array of services available locally.
Pros
Staff are generally friendly.
Friendly, dedicated, teamwork
Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMarch 9, 2018
OMH- 24 hour hospital. Clean, compassionate and professional atmosphere. Average non life threatening wait time in ER is 1 hour.

Clinic hours 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 weekdays 8 a.m.-4 weekends
Otsego Memorial Hospital has a MedCare clinic that takes conditions that are too urgent to wait but doesn't require a trip to ER. In most cases, you wont need an appointment. They try to keep your wait time at a minimum.
It offers Occupational Medicine services such as physicals, drug screens (of which you need appointment)and work comp injuries.
The clinic is staffed with board certified physicians, PAs, RNs, LPNs, medical assistants, radiology techs and Receptionist. The staff work in a "teamwork" frame of mind. The staff are like family.
Pros
Friendly, family oriented, paid time off, longevity of staff
loved it!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIDecember 29, 2017
I loved the people i worked with just didnt love the job. The office manager was great to work for, and would accommodate to the best of her ability if you needed a day off.
loved it
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MINovember 2, 2017
employees had fun working together
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIOctober 6, 2017
Hard Work, Vary Important Work, With a good bunch of people to work with.understanding management,helpful friendly and kind employees who care about what they are doing.
Pros
discounts
Cons
enjoyed what I did as a job
Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MI 49735September 27, 2017
sitting for long periods of time. Learned a lot about insurance and not to get too close with co-workers. Management had favorites and if you were not one, could be difficult to deal with. Stressful, caddy people. Dealing with immaturity. I loved billing and learning about insurance.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
unpaid 30 minute lunch. frowned upon if took breaks
Exercise Spcialist
Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work!
*I learned about EKG interpretations
*Learned how to prescribe exercise
*lead a group of clients
^teach about nutrition, etc.
productive and fun workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMarch 22, 2017
I absolutely loved this job and the wonderful people I worked with. I had an amazing boss. I loved the advancement opportunities. Would have loved to stay on had I not moved.
Pros
Great leadership
Professional Healthcare Environment
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJanuary 29, 2017
Fast paced and growing environment with an administration creating ways to compete with healthcare and reimbursement structures. Opportunity to grow and transfer within the organization.
Pros
Great benefits. Tuition reimbursement.
Cons
Small community.
Has many hats that I wear in a day
Nursing Assistant/ Unit Clerk Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Come into work and things are already moving fast pace. Doctors and nurses and patients needing things and asking to schedule Appointments. I have awesome co-workers and everyone helps everyone when the job needs to get done.
Pros
Families you meet
Cons
sometimes no lunches because we are so busy
A great place to gain experience in acute care.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJanuary 1, 2017
Welcoming environment with a team work approach to patient centered care. A great place to gain experience in acute care.
Productive and very busy small hospital
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MINovember 9, 2016
Working as a shift coordinator in Amb setting. Also in PACU with call. Totally enjoy being a pt advocate in a Amb setting With excellent IV and assessment skills but the call time is too much!
Productive and professional place to work
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MISeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in and getting right to work, it is very busy here and we do a lot of different things.
I learned quite a few new things and I am learning more everyday. I learn about the health field and new terminology all the time.
Management is simply management, they do what they can to help and get us what we need, and lead us.
I have wonderful co-workers, that's what makes or breaks a job. I always learned to do my best getting a long with my co-workers.
I would say the hardest part of my job is trying to make every patient feel like they are just as important as the next. Some patient's have worse health concerns and they are top priority, but that doesn't mean the other patient's are just as important.
I love being able to satisfy the patient, hearing how thankful and happy they are and how my job really does affect them.
A day in the life of Surgery
Assistant to all surgical procedures (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MINovember 9, 2015
For the most part this was a great place to work. Good place to start your career. However, no place for advancement. Most of the management was great and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was working off unknown Doctors preference cards. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with some awesome people.
Pros
Some team members are totally unforgetable.
Cons
No room for advancement
Wonderful place to work/great co-workers
Receptionist - Internal Med; ENT; General Surgery (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIAugust 13, 2015
Worked in a few different fields from Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Otolaryngology where I was able to serve people in need of medical help - extremely rewarding!
Pros
Good benefits, great work conditions, serving public.
Cons
winter drive, curvy-hilly roads
growing hospital, with new opportunities
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIAugust 12, 2015
This is a rapidly growing healthcare facility. Great people to work with, but the pay is minimal. The staff is friendly and this organization is unique because it is still independently operated, unlike the many health care groups that are being bought out by larger entities.
Pros
benefits for full time and part time employees, paid time off
Cons
often short staffed to due rapid expansion
Poor grasp on industry's advancements; behind the times in implementation of needed strategic plans,; does not have adequate resources. 'Simple" .
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  GaylordJuly 19, 2015
Needs stronger leadership and more collegial partnerships between areas within hospital . Too much "not my job" attitude and focus on covering own roles and proving that if errors happen they can prove that it was not their departments fault. Unprofessional and bullish behaviors in some departments.
Pros
Wonderful physicians, very respectful and responsive. Bedside nurses caring.
Cons
No team work between departmenrs, poor leadership, bully atmosphere.
Great teamwork and fun place to work
Unit Clerk/Nurses Assist Birthing Center (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIMay 19, 2015
We work hard to provide the best care available and have fun while doing this. Teamwork and the best training around make the job enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Otsego Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight