Otsuka Pharmaceutical

Otsuka Pharmaceutical Employee Reviews

Good place to work, Just bad manager
The work place was very good at first, then my direct manager began to micro manage me. The training was severely lacking but they expected you to know and do the work without the proper training. Then when I had family issues with my parents, I was forced to work harder at that time then when I was there. It became too much to have to help my parents and work 60 hr weeks.
Opportunity abounds
But, its a dog eat dog world at Otsuka. 75% deliberate, may the best solution win.

Honestly, I think this sounds like a good way to tackle innovation, but it really comes down to cash. Otsuka is cash rich. Pull back and you make more strategic decisions imo.
good clinical data and good manager
I enjoyed working for my manger at Otsuka. Very supportive and advocate for our team. Operations was often disorganized which lead to frustrations on the job. Products had good science
A global company with the vision to make better healthcare for people world-wide. Excellent managerial staff with a forwarded-thinking approach to daily operations and employee interaction.
My typical day at work involves the support of skilled and admirable executives that allow me to execute my responsibilities to the fullest.

The hardest part of my job is moot because the staff I work with is excellent. The skilled professionals that I work with make my job a joy and I enjoy coming in to work every day.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job is knowing that the staff appreciates my work ethic and execution of my job responsibilities.
A challenging and fun work environment
I would highly recommend Otsuka to anyone looking for a fast pace work environment that can challenge the status quo, think strategically and have an open mind to new ideas.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Short term contractor - Not Valid Reviewer
As a short term contractor at Otsuka, I did not really have much insight as to the life of an employee. Not fair for me to provide a review of the company.
Awful place to work
I have never worked with more incompetent people before. Work just gets passed around because no one want to take ownership while everyone stands around talking in a different language. People here are loud and ignorant. No one knows any answers to questions or is willing to help. People with no experience get promoted while others suffer with more workload but not an increase in pay or title. There is no recognition of national holidays other than the basics. The open floor plan is awful because people are loud and rude, talking on their cell phones and to each other about non work related topics. I have never worked anywhere with more gossip than here. The office is disgusting, bugs and mouse traps everywhere. SOPs are disorganized and don't make any sense. It's impossible to follow direction here as there is none. Work just gets pushed with no explanation and barely any training and it really shows in the poor quality of output.
Pros
Free food in the break room
Cons
Pretty much everything.
Watch out-they are really hiring for Canon
Little did I know that I would be a contractor for Canon-following the interview w Otsuka people. Once my background check was complete, received benefits info to describe 60-day wait, punching a tome clock, no pto
Pros
You’re either in or out
Cons
Mostly out
Good Place to work
Good company with products in mental health and renal disease, care about patients & communities they serve as well as the therapeutic areas in which they have products.
Smaller pharma company feel but big company mentality and ambitions.

Less layers between you interacting and getting to know the senior leadership of the company that at traditional big pharma.

Collaborative environment, generally people will help you out when working across functions for projects against deadlines.
Love my DM
Unrealistic quotas for such rare disease states. There are 150,000 patients available in the United States, Mostly around the major metropolitan population hubs.
Productivity
As typical day of work
I have learn you have work for good

management not good

workplace culture not good

job not safe due to work load higher

no time available during work function
Pros
no fee lunch
Cons
no short break
Good
It was very good experience working with Otsuka . The work culture is amazing. It helped me a lot for my professional growth and learning. Learned new applications.
Good pay and High morale
Pretty good company that pays well. Advancement is a little slow. Provides workers with a comfortable environment. Keeps up morale with parties and plenty of lunches.
Pros
Keeps up good morale and good pay.
Cons
Managements should keep employees more involved with project planning
Excellent Organization
Focused on innovative products to help patients
Strong management support

Strong pipeline of products

Strong incentive program

Exciting Award Trips for Winners
Pros
Innovative Company
Cons
Small product line
As an extremely focused and hard working individual, I seek environments where there is a high degree of accountability, open partnership and growth. These values are core to my brand, and I look forward to contributing to a positive culture.
Great place to work.
I would call Otsuka your average pharmaceutical company. No stock options, but solid 401k matching. Not many options for home office advancement beyond Princeton, NJ.
Pros
Company car, 401k matching, Pto
Cons
Princeton, NJ Home office.
Great Opportunity to Grow
Had the opportunity to grow in a Organization with a very engaging culture with supportive Leadership. We launched and cultivated an Organization (Avanir) that helped change the way patients were treated in the Neurology Therapeutic Area.
Contractor Life at OTSUKA
The work-life at OTSUKA was very good as a contractor. My supervisor and clinical team was awesome. They respected my opinions as a professional and made me feel like a part of the team.
Pros
Flex work hours
Cons
Contract ended
Culture of the firm has deteriorated greatly over last several years
Senior Leadership is non-communicative & many employees have lost faith and trust in leadership

Growth strategy is questionable

The firm is still working to overcome a very bad acquisition and investment in viable brand franchises is being compromised
Pros
colleagues; opportunity to mentor others
Cons
senior leadership is dismal
Great people to work with.
Great work life balance and a perfect place to work. Management is always supportive. Friendly environment. Strong scientific system so lots of learning opportunities.
Like working in a circus
Management changes course monthly based. Good employees are run into the ground. 'Overworked' is the normal.

Typical work days are 12+ hours.

Culture is very driven and extremely political.

Management does not protect its employees.

Most enjoyable part is the coworkers.
Pros
Opportunity to work in global environment
Cons
See above
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Otsuka Pharmaceutical. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.