Otsuka Pharmaceutical Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity to Grow
Sales Director - EAST - AVANIR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
Had the opportunity to grow in a Organization with a very engaging culture with supportive Leadership. We launched and cultivated an Organization (Avanir) that helped change the way patients were treated in the Neurology Therapeutic Area.
Contractor Life at OTSUKA
Clinical Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 12, 2018
The work-life at OTSUKA was very good as a contractor. My supervisor and clinical team was awesome. They respected my opinions as a professional and made me feel like a part of the team.
Pros
Flex work hours
Cons
Contract ended
Culture of the firm has deteriorated greatly over last several years
Associate Director - Market Access Marketing (Former Employee) –  508 Carnegie Center; Princeton, NJ 08560August 29, 2018
Senior Leadership is non-communicative & many employees have lost faith and trust in leadership

Growth strategy is questionable

The firm is still working to overcome a very bad acquisition and investment in viable brand franchises is being compromised
Pros
colleagues; opportunity to mentor others
Cons
senior leadership is dismal
Great people to work with.
Medical Safety Scientist & Drug Safety Physician (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 14, 2018
Great work life balance and a perfect place to work. Management is always supportive. Friendly environment. Strong scientific system so lots of learning opportunities.
Fun but little advancement
Managed Markets Liaison (States (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 13, 2018
Management has favorites and will overlook talented employees in place of their favorites. They are also subjective with the use of educational resources.
Pros
Vitamin discount
Cons
not much advancement
Challenging and rewarding
TALENT PARTNER (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 21, 2018
Time management is important with Otsuka. There are numerous demands with significant rewards. I have always been proud of my contributions at OAPI.
Overbearing and unreasonable requirements
Neuroscience Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 28, 2018
Current situation at Otsuka is bleek. Many conference calls, and reports that do not help the sales process. If you are over the current base pay threshold, which they did not disclose until end of year last year, you will not get a base pay raise, just a lump sum payment.
Lack of transparency
Renal/Hospital Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2018
Management is not straight up honest or transparent. Legal team micro manage everything and everyone. Unfortunate circumstances occurs to complete innocent employees due to the lack of communication and one sided mentality. This issue has been going on for years and keeps getting worse year after year! Your voice really does not matter but the company advertises that it does...totally unfair and unjust approach if your in the hot seat!
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Poor management starting with District managers
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 3, 2018
this was good company, this was their 1st time in the US and they had only one drug to market. They were new trying to break in to a vey tight market in the US.
Cons
Hospital was a great place to be!
Hospital Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2018
Working at Otsuka in the hospital division, I learned to overcome major objections with skill and grace and still be successful. My manager was supportive and allowed me to do my job! I loved working for both of my managers at Otsuka!
Pros
great company
Cons
tough drug, but I loved it!

Want to know more about Otsuka Pharmaceutical?

Ask a question
Great Place to Work
LMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 16, 2018
Great Place to Work in the Pharma. Fast Paced, dynamic and gives an opportunity to grow. It is a growing company and has alot of potential for career advancement.
Fast-paced, challenging and fulfilling
Account Manager, Neuroscience (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
An acceptable degree of autonomy in daily work. Challenging and collaborative work environment as you engage in discussions with HPCs. Sufficient opportunity to develop as an individual contributor for potential advancement.
Competitive and respectful
Talent Partner, DM, Training Manager, Sales Exec (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 19, 2018
I spent 17 1/2 years at OTSUKA and enjoyed every bit of it. There were times of stress yet always gained benefits and learned from each situation. The company is solid and one I would work for again if given the opportunity.
Rat Trap
Sr. Director CNS Marketing (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 17, 2018
A political nightmare, like a reality show. Professionals who are trying to do good work are discarded like yesterday's newspaper in favor of some sycophant who can cozy up to the US or Japanese management.
Pros
Operating budget are generous, open to new ways of doing things
Cons
Drive out contributors, no one over 5 years who produses
Overall great company to work for
Executive Assistant, Market Access (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 8, 2018
Great company with growth and development opportunities. Constantly challenging positive atmosphere. Fast paced environment, great collaboration and innovation.
Work as a contractor
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 5, 2018
Cons: lack of leadership which resulted in poor management. Most managers were unskilled and looking in direction of leadership for answers. The company also had poor employee retention. I did not have a good experience with this company.

No Pros.
Bad managers
Administrative Assistant to 3 Directors (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 15, 2018
Managers were horrible. Did not care about the administrative staff and continued to lie to me about bringing me on as a permanent employee. The assistant director was a liar and used the word wigger to one employee in describing a white person acting black.
Pros
Cons
Managers
Great benefits
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 5, 2018
Good co-workers, made the best of many reorgs, working alone. Typical day, I go through my emails first thing in the morning, respond and answer what I can, code any new IT invoices for payment, setup any new vendors, prepare contracts for IT managers to approve.
Pros
Food
Cons
Great benefits
Excellent culture
Medical Review Physician (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 3, 2018
Excellent work culture, characterised by encouraging management. Opportunity to grow professionally. Great team spirit, timely recognition and kind managers.
Was a great company for years but the management is making poor decisions
Assure Program Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 31, 2018
I worked for Otsuka for 17 years and saw it change drastically with management changes. New divisions were created and started out as one thing, but quickly went the opposite direction. A lot of people were not and are not happy. There were many things I liked before and they have great benefits, but I should have left long ago.
Pros
Vacation Days
Cons
No Stock