Ottawa University Employee Reviews

Great
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSSeptember 18, 2017
Provided analysis support to the Dean of Students, Director of Housing, and other housing professionals by developing policies and procedures for students who reside in the Residence halls, which resulted in their continued safety and understanding of all university policies
Pros
Room free
Cons
administration sometimes
Admissions Advisor
Field Enrollment Advisor - Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSAugust 18, 2017
You're given a large territory of High Schools and Community Colleges and you're expected to reach enrollment goals on a weekly bases and give your detailed plan.
Great Place
Assistant Golf Coach (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSAugust 11, 2017
I have really enjoyed my time at Ottawa University. It is a wonderful place to get your Masters and to coach. It has been a wonderful experience and I'm looking forward to see what this year will bring
office
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSAugust 10, 2017
I worked in the basement for the administration office and did not have anything to complain about. I had 1 hour lunch, 2 15min breaks. Had my own office space.
Pros
very relaxed
Needs Improvement
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJuly 20, 2017
Employees are often disregarded. The input of lower level employees is not utilized to assist in bigger projects. The employees are often over looked, yet they are expected to take on additional workload with no increase in pay.
Pros
Family Life balance, Great Employees
Cons
Poor Communication, Lack of Advancement Opportunites
Excellent Environment for Growth.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2017
Ottawa offers it's students a great atmosphere to gain an education in. I find teaching to be full-filling and I am grateful to be able to do so for this company.
Disappointing Management
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 4, 2017
No room for growth, upper management is detrimental to the long term success of the university. Those not in management work incredibly hard to best serve students.
Working for Ottawa University
Adjunct Online Professor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSMay 29, 2017
The employees of Ottawa University are very nice. I just wish there was more communication with adjuncts and that there were more frequent course assignments. I had two courses in 2016 that covered a total of 16 weeks--none yet this year.
Pros
Nice employees; extra pay for larger class sizes
Cons
Infrequent teaching assignments.
Fun School
College Internship (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSMay 10, 2017
Good School to Attend and the staff is great. It is also a fun school as well. Everyone is involved in the school sports and everyone gets along well as well.
Men and Women Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSApril 4, 2017
Paper Filing, and Phone Calls
Details Matter
Maintain Stability
Hardest part was working with someone with an ego
Coaching my first NAIA National Finalist
Pros
Free Admissions into events
Cons
No benefits, no paid summers, Egos, Respect Level
Great place to work!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSFebruary 22, 2017
I love working for Ottawa. The staff and faculty are supportive and administration supplies all the necessary tools to make teaching in an online environment productive for the students and teachers. Working in a Christian environment is very rewarding and I feel the student's education and support are the school's primary concerns. The hardest part is waiting for classes because the work is challenging and rewarding.
Ottawa University
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSFebruary 2, 2017
Ottawa University has a great stuff as well as students. The dedication and commitment of faculty and staff is great. The community is friendly, and the university is expanding.
Good
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSDecember 14, 2016
There is a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement.
This does not necessarily mean an increase in pay. The up management are paid above what those are paid at a comparable institution.
Very Poor Leadership
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSApril 16, 2016
Advice to Management: Focus on the community you have in front of you (e.g. students, faculty, and staff). Try to repair the mistrust and damage done to the faculty and staff still working for the university. Growing with your community, not at their expense is the only way forward.

Pros: Student. Resilient faculty and staff remaining after many resignations and RIFs. Beautiful campus. Untapped potential when it comes to rebuilding a truly Christ-centered community of grace.

Cons: The president and other senior leadership treat employees as expendable resources, not caring or seeing value in the community that our university once had. Numerous "early retirements" and "reductions in force" have soured morale to toxic levels. This organization only benefits the few at the very top and continues to squander precious resources in pursuit of prestige projects, such as the recently completed student union. Prestige projects like this have directly impacted decisions to initiate further "reductions in force."
Pros
Fantastic Students, Faculty, and Staff
Cons
Leadership
Good people, not much to offer.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSMay 26, 2015
I loved working with many of the people at Ottawa University, and they truly cared about my well being. However, I left because the school did not offer much in the program that I desired.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Small school
Good job
Librarian Aide (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSMarch 4, 2015
This job is through the school/federal government. As such, pay is minimal and hours are odd, but it is an overall great place to work if you're a student at Ottawa University.
Christian orenited school
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 15, 2014
Very quiet office. Everyone nice as a dysfunctional family normally is. Management and student advisor were about the only ones people felt they could talk to. Student's did not feel as if they could talk to Dean. Job was very fulfilling always learning something new. Absolutely loved job to point of crying when position was over.
Pros
long lunches if needed, willing to work with you on hrs.
Cons
dysfunctional family feeling at times
An excellent learning environment for adult learners
Graudate Student, Master of Art, Human Recources (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 29, 2014
Ottawa University provides flexible and high quality of learning environment for adult learners. All staff is geared to help me to achieve my goal in success.
Peaceful environment with opportunities to serve and help others
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSAugust 13, 2013
Flexible hours that can accommodate your schedule. Need to be able to learn and work new library programs that allow for smooth and organized information processing as well as phone skills, knowledge of the Dewy Decimal System and customer service skills.
Work study job
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSMay 31, 2013
Worked with a title 1 reading teacher. Good experience as a college student.