Ottawa University Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Student Success Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2012
Great place to work! It is a stable learning environment with a strong focus on team building.
Pros
teambuilding, fun environment
Cons
hours
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSNovember 8, 2012
This job was for students that attended Ottawa University and were allowed to work only 9 hours a week. This job was great for giving students a little extra money to try to make it by with.
Productive and helping students reach their goals
Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 2, 2012
Since our terms are 8 weeks, I have the same routine each day. I work very hard to make sure our student’s financial obligation has been met for the next term. It is usually met with financial aid, but our university also has students who use employer reimbursement and pay out of pocket for their tuition. In addition, I work closely with academic advisor to monitor the academic progress of our student.

I have learned several things about financial aid and employer reimbursement. Also, I have learned the academic portion of the university. Academic plays an important role in the student’s eligible for financial aid.

I work with a very diverse group of people and I think that gives us character.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with financial aid and not having enough diversity in my job position. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping students reach their academic goal.
Pros
easy drive to work
Cons
not enough staff, working hours
Ottawa University
Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSMarch 27, 2012
A typical week for me was about 80 hrs of work from the 5 am lifting to closing the batting cages at 10 or 11 pm after practice along with all of the administrative and practice duties between. Rigorous hours spent in order to provide the lessons and support to develop my players to the highest degree on and off of the field of play. One on One meetings with players everyday all week to guide them in lifes important decisions.
Ottawa University
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2011
Overall, Ottawa University is an alright place to work. The environment is friendly - however, the values leadership displays do not meet with the overall values of the school. I worked at the Phoenix campus in Admissions and I only hope they have started back being ethical