Otter PR

Working at Otter PR: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

What is the best part of working at the company?The culture at Otter PR is undeniably the best part of working here. Being supportive of one another and the consistant encouragement to exchange ideas sets this company apart from those I worked before. It is a joy to go to work and feel like you are an active part of a community dedicated to producing the best product. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?As there are so many facets in my day to day work load, making sure to practice good time management can be stressful from time to time. With information, and needs from others, coming from all directions you should have a good handle on how to effectively manage your time. Mastering clear communication is also key to keeping the stress levels down as well.

The BEST work environment I've ever been a part of

There's never been a stressful day at Otter for me. The people are delightful, the work is incredibly rewarding and I genuinely enjoy coming into the office. It's a 10/10 all across the board.

Otter PR insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Amazing Company to work for

Having the flexibility to have a hybrid work environment has helped my overall well-being and home life. I am less stressed and look forward to working each day. The management listens to feedback and is always working to make the experience here even better. I am so happy to be an Otter and look forward to many years of growth and success with them.

Fun and Challenging Workplace

I love working at Otter. I've been here since last summer and it just keeps getting better. I love how my job challenges me and I consistently get to cover interesting topics and work with interesting people. The diversity is a high point and I've met some fabulous people who work at Otter. Management is positive and listen when you may run into an issue.

Pros

Diverse workforce, supportive, and interesting assignments

Cons

I have no cons

Fast-paced workplace with authentic company culture, inspiring clients, and unlimited PTO

Otter PR is the best job I've ever had. While weekly tasks are consistent, the unique clients and media relations landscape bring variety and fun, new challenges weekly. Otter's recruiter/HR generalist truly makes Otter feel like home, even for remote employees. We've all been to interviews where they highlight a ping pong table and a beer keg, but that doesn't really say much about a company's culture. At Otter, I've made friends and mentors for life. I believe the generalist and C-Suite are responsible for cultivating an environment where real relationships flourish. Another thing I love is Otter's clients. They are inspiring and easy to work for. When coverage plateaus or challenges arise, company leaders are eager to help and often fund educational tools and services for professional development. I've learned so much in this role and look forward to future learning lessons!

Creativity and Independence are encouraged; Fun and friendly atmosphere

Great place to work and would recommend to anyone. Management is very supportive of the team. Team is encouraged to be creative and think outside the box. Management empowers employees to control their individual workflows and provides the necessary independence to manage clients on a day to day basis. Most importantly, they encourage a work-life balance, and offer work from home opportunities.

Pros

independence, creative control, work life balance

Cons

need to expand office space

Flexible Schedule and Fun Office Environment

As a publicist, the ability to have a flexible schedule is really appreciated. I learn a lot from my team and always feel they are supportive of me. I love going into the office and knowing if I need a work-from-home day I have the ability to do so.

Pros

Friendly people, monthly brunches, and happy hours.

Cons

Starting pay is lower, but room to grow after 90 days.

Empowering, empowering, empowering

From the day that I started training at Otter, I felt like an important part of the team. I was given a week to go through OtterU -- the company's online training program -- where I met the leaders and learned about how all positions worked together to accomplish the company's mission. As I started working in my position, I had access to everyone at the company, including the founders, for help with whatever issues I experienced. My supervisor consistently makes sure I am well resourced and not overworked. Since I started, the company has implemented several improvements that have made my job more enjoyable and more manageable. I have now completed my first six months and I have zero complaints. I look forward to many more years of working with the company.

Creative workplace that prioritizes employee happiness

I worked at Otter PR for about a year both part-time and full-time, and now continue to write for them on a freelance basis. Not only is there a fantastic company culture and team spirit at Otter PR, but there is a great deal of autonomy in the publicist roles. Essentially, as long as you can produce creative ideas and get results for clients, management is happy. Hard work is always recognized, which really makes a difference to overall employee happiness and wellbeing. It's a particularly great place to work for early-stage/ entry level media professionals who want to improve their understanding of the wider media landscape, and there's good opportunities for internal progression too.

The most rewarding job I've ever had!

Since joining Otter PR roughly 18 months ago, I have experienced support from the entire team unlike any I've received in prior roles. Company leadership is never unafraid to put their money where their mouth is and offers ongoing benefits for every team member, from the most senior employees down to each new hire. The culture is remarkably inclusive and committed to the values of DEI. I am able to start and end each day knowing that my work and time is highly valued. I couldn't ask for a better company or leadership team to work for!

The family of otters

Everyday working at otter feels like a second family. There is always somebody that is willing to help you and grow together as one unit. It’s a fast environment, but it has the best atmosphere and team to accomplish any task or objective presented to them!

Otter PR! You want to work here!

Otter PR is a great place to work! It is a fun environment, where you can grow in your position, and have an excellent work-life balance. Upper management wants you to succeed and is always available to help!

Great work environment!

Otter PR is a great place to grow professionally as well as personally! The team is very welcoming and the environment is extremely friendly. You have space to grow and advance your career.

Otter PR is by far the best place I have ever worked!!!

Otter PR is by far the best place I have ever worked! I love the team and the direction the business is going. Being here is a dream come true. I am so happy to be part of the growing family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Otter PR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits