Otter Products Employee Reviews

Not for everybody
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COMay 1, 2018
Job is great for people who don't like change. If your working in the call center, you will have the same conversations all day every shift. If you don't mind being active, being tired to your desk all day would be a breeze for you.
Pros
Job culture, benefits, discounts
Cons
Call center, rude customers, very repetitive
Productive, fun workplace environment
Senior CAD Designer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Otter Products (Lifeproof) has been one of the most enjoyable work experiences of my career. The culture is friendly, cooperative and encouraging. The pace of work can be high at times during the year but the people here know how to play hard as well to maintain balance. You never know when someone will instigate a spontaneous Nerf war, always in good fun.

The work is challenging but not overwhelming. Camaraderie is at a high level and everyone is encouraged to contribute to all aspects of the job. Many company activities occur throughout the year that are geared towards rewarding successes on both a team and individual basis.

Management is very pro-active in listening to the employees and is very serious about taking corrective measures to address any issues that arise. An internal survey is used to gauge various aspects of the work climate on an annual basis. From that and other metrics the senior management acts quickly to improve and maintain a happy environment. Management is quick to provide positive feedback at every opportunity.
Managers share information regarding the company's market position and overall health throughout the year.
Pros
Coffee, breakfast and snacks are provided daily. Many lunches are provided as well.
Cons
Long hours during limited times of the year.
World class company with great morals and a fun atmosphere
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 2, 2018
Honestly, OtterBox couldn't be a better place to work. They pay you more than fair and create a wonderful atmosphere. Going to work everyday was fun and I genuinely enjoyed my job and helping others!
ONLY company I have ever worked for that encourages Nerf Guns and a turn in the slide!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 9, 2017
Great place to work! Great People! Great Values!
Hours are flexible, work with YOUR personal life/schedule.
Company focus is on the EMPLOYEES! And who DOESNT want to be an OTTER!
Best Place I have ever worked.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 19, 2017
Otter Products goes well above and beyond what I ever imagined an employer would. Amazing benefits and its a really fun place to work. I wish I could have stayed but I had to leave to take care of myself I had gotten out of a bad relationship that damaged my work performance and health also leaving me in debt. Some day I hope I can come back. I will forever treasure the relationships I made working for Otter Products.
Great product, bad management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 16, 2017
Great company with not so great management. They cater to the young generation and clicks. Great product and benefits. A somewhat fun environment as lots of The employees play with Nerf guns during their shifts. I worked at home though.
Pros
Great benefits, produces a great product
Cons
Too many clicks, youngsters and favoritism.
Playful, high-intensity work environment
Principal Analyst, Global Alignment & Planning (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 27, 2016
Otter Products is an environment where everyone feels they can truly make a difference. Otters work hard and play hard. Absolutely great place to work!!!
Pros
Profit sharing. Great Christmas parties.
Cons
Great products brands and people
Digital Marketing Sr. Mgr Web Ecommerce & Channel (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2016
One of the best companies that I have worked for. Superior brands that include OtterBox and LifeProof. Products are by far the best out there.

Everyone very positive and passionate about growing the business. Very good collaboration and team environment.
Pros
Great product and people - Great web ecommerce team!
Cons
Like Otters, we work hard and play hard.
Sales Representative-Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 25, 2016
 Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers
 Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions.
 Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
Best job I've ever had!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 20, 2016
I wanted to write a review so those interested in this job could get a feeling of what to expect. I've now worked at Otterbox for 10 months and have been recently converted to an Otterbox employee.

The energy around you is fun and they actually encourage you to have fun. The basic job is mostly filling warranties for customer's cases with the occasional question about the products.

The goal at Otterbox is to get converted to an Otterbox employee. On average you take about 50 calls during an 8 hour shift. How you're converted is based off a ranking system. You're ranked based off your metrics which is your call scores and compliance.

Your call scores are how well you engage with the customer, take all their information and connect with the customer. The goal is to get 4s or 5s if you can but it's very common to get 3s. It seems they're grading about 5 calls per month.

Your compliance is how well you follow your scheduled shift which is very easy to do. Compliance needs to be at or above 94%.

All the managers here are wonderful and genuinely want to see you succeed. The peers you work closely by are fun and caring as well. Everyone at Otterbox seems to genuinely care for each other and are very easy to talk with.

There are benefits that come with the job such as free beverages and the ability to work at home. This is by far the best job I have ever had, even after being here for a bit I truly enjoy what I do and love getting to know the customers.

It does take dedication and efficiency to maintain good work ethics but it does pay off. If you're
  more... interested in a job with opportunities, consider Otterbox but know it will take hard work.  less
Pros
Ability to move up, free beverages, fun atmosphere, ability to work at home
Cons
Parking and the occasional angry customer
Fun and Fast!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at Otter Products consists of getting your morning cup of coffee from the top of the line espresso coffee machine, catching up on co-workers weekends of which you are genuinely interested in, sitting at your desk, greeting those you sit around, then running around like a mad man for the next 8 or 9 hours attempting to check off the seemingly endless tasks written in your custom made Otter Products notebook.

Otter Products is an extremely high paced and high urgency organization. Everyone works hard, but it's because the employees love the company, the products, and the people they work with. The benefits are amazing, people are always happy to help in anyway they can, and at the end of the day you get to take a slide down to the exit.
Pros
Slide, people, food EVERYWHERE, people, benefits, and people
Cons
Many positions can be highly stressful
Senior Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2016
Otter Products - Lifeproof was a great place to work. Everybody was professional, worked hard and played hard. The office was modern and comfortable. In the beginning the company really seemed to care about making it a great place to work but that is diminishing with the continuous layoffs.
Pros
Celebrated successes very well
Cons
layoffs
Great internship
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 3, 2015
Working and learning cross-functionally is one of the best things about this job.I learned a lot about design, the manufacturing process, and even about other areas of the field such procurement and customer service.