Otterbein SeniorLife (Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices)

Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very bad experience Otterbein
grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMay 8, 2018
I was in grounds and it was s bad experience. The head of ground was very back stabber and unfriendly. Very under-paid and over-worked.They don't pay for holidays off.Poor management

I wouldn't recommend this place for employment to anyone
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad management
Poor place to work
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Cridersville, OHMay 2, 2018
They have poor management that doesnt seem like they know what they are doing. They try to bully you into doing things you do not want to do. I felt it was more about the money than it was the residents. It is a very stress full place to work. They treat it more as a hotel than they do a nursing facility. Always very short staffed.
Pros
Residents
Cons
short breaks working 7 days or more in a row
Not a good place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cridersville, OHApril 11, 2018
I worked there for a year and got treated horribly, I do not recommend this job to anyone. Management is not good and they do not take care of the residents like they should.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible managment
Productive and nice place for employment
Elder Assistant (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 5, 2018
I enjoy working with the elders and staff. This would ideal place for retirement residency. The management is caring and understanding. I would recommend Otterbein for residency.
Pros
Being able to cook and eat lunch with the elders
Cons
rarely get to take a lunch break
,very fast paced
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Pemberville, OHMarch 28, 2018
I love the interaction with the residents. I work better with little to no supervision so this was a good place for me with 3 dinning rooms chef couldn't over see each person everyday.
Just don't do it.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Marblehead, OhioMarch 9, 2018
The place expect so much from one aide. It's impossible to give adequate patient care when you are expected to cool breakfast for every patient on demand, do laundry(collect, wash, dry, fold, put away), do the dishes after every meal(even though dietary brings lunch and dinner), empty every single trash can and take the trash out. One aide is literally expected to be dietary, housekeeping, and an aide. Plus don't forget to chart before the end of your shift! Oh and sweep/vacuum the floors! It's too much for one person. The patients deserve better. High turn around, always being mandated and not told till someone just doesn't show up. It's a joke. At a full house, you need more aides because of call lights, patient safety and patient care. Also never get your 30min lunch even though they deduct it. Management has no guidelines set on how many times an aide can be mandated, So be sure not to make any plans at all after work.
Pros
Free lunches, beautiful building, pager call system
Cons
Under staffed, No breaks, Mandation
Nursing home with a homey feel
STNA (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHFebruary 24, 2018
It is very rewarding to work at Otterbein besides the pay they have all kinds of employee appreciation events and rewards. The staff was very helpful when needed you never felt on your own.
Otterbein
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHFebruary 21, 2018
Otterbein was an okay place to work, management sucked but overall isn’t too bad. It’s good for high school kids to work there because of the hours! If you out in the work it’s a pretty good place with good pay.
Stressful place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 18, 2018
Its a great way to learn some life skills. Just always make sure you find someone to cover your shift. The elder people are super sweet and nice, but co-workers were rude.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Managment
great place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I have been in the healthcare field for a while and I want a place that I could make a difference in peoples lives and also a place where the administration listened to the employees for anything dealing with the care and well being of the Elderly this is the place.
Pros
just great place overall
Cons
if you can't cook it will be hard work. LOL
A very challenging but rewarding work place.
Life Enrichment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, OHJanuary 26, 2018
Loved my position in Activities. Every day was different and my team (department) worked together to help one another. Managment team was fabulous along with the Seniors (Residents) who I miss dearly since my move. I worked on average 30 hours a week and was eligable for bennifits if wanted. Although I was proficient at my work there were many days that I could have either used more hours or had less obligations so I could better assist residents with both therapitic and social activities becauae enriching the lives of the elders is what my position was all about!
Pros
Rewarding!
Cons
Limitless duties but yet limited work schedule.
Bad company nice residents
STNA (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Company wants you to do too much with little pay. They do not care about staff at all. The point system is stupid. To get points back you have to work 2 full shifts just to get 1 point back and you cannot erase all your points. If your sick you still have to come to work although you are putting the residents at risk of catching your cold. Its just not a good company and they cannot keep staff. Any company thats always hiring is a bad company
Pros
Work as many hour as you want with low bonus pay
Cons
Management was unorganized and just got worse
LPN (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHNovember 7, 2017
DON always leaves early or is planning home schooling for her daughters when she is there. Has new administrator that is disrespectful to women, talks down to all staff and down plays complaints from families. This is the only facility I have worked at where the families are very unhappy and management does nothing to correct issues. Doctors are noticing that Otterbein is not the same great place anymore.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
No breaks no holiday pay no nights-weekend pay
Stressful work environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHNovember 3, 2017
Employment here was quite stressful and challenging. I learned time management skills that helped me to get through each day. In my opinion, the environment is too disorganized.
Cons
No lunch, No breaks
home-like nursing home
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHOctober 18, 2017
unique home-like settings that is far from the institutionalized feel! great person-centered care to all residents with excellent nursing staff and quality care
Stressful place to work,the grass is green on the outside not the inside.
Stna (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHOctober 12, 2017
Little pay for all this work.Management dont know what there doing.Stressful,no help,family to demanding,co-workers think its there living house and no supplies to cook the right food for the patients.
Pros
Cons
Low pay for all that work.
Great Place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pemberville, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Great place to work. Staff is friendly and easy to get along with. Pay could be higher based on experience but that is everywhere. Love working with the staff and patients
Horrible Pay Horrible benefits
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Marblehead, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Low wages, poor management, calls you every minute on days off to come in and cover, will give you a pay increase if you give up all your benefits including PTO, treats you very poorly , poor training, trust me, you don't want to work there. Also you don't get paid for your half hour lunch which is ok but you also can't leave the grounds on your lunch, even though they don't pay you.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Very busy stressful environment
STNA (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHAugust 25, 2017
Not enough staff over worked under paid stressful environment could be alot more caring of partners and family situations alot of questions not really alot of answers
Pros
Payroll deduction for anything on campus beauty food uniforms etc
Cons
Low wages slow raises
Good place to start as a new Nurse
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHAugust 11, 2017
Good place to learn nursing care, problems with being short staffed. Management is fair, but staffing shortages make your job harder to perform. Good for short term. Work culture is the staff who worked there long get away with not following policy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short staff