Ottumwa Regional Health Center Employee Reviews

Great day working at Ottumwa Regional Health Center
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAApril 16, 2019
Coming into work and knowing what is expected of me daily is nice. I know what needs to be done to do my job well and am left alone to get my work done. Management is very good at leaving us to do our work and not micro manage us.
I enjoy all of the people I work with from regular staff to the CEO. Its a good atmosphere to work in.
nice working environment with a culture that allows for growth
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMarch 28, 2019
nice working environment with a culture that allows for growth. organization is always willing to integrate innovative ideas to expand. Competitive pay rates and benefits.
Flexible work place!
ARNP- Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 16, 2019
Very busy ED 24/7. Great physicians, nurses and other support staff. Typical patient acuity for NP's range from 2-5 with 2 being the highest acuity. Very collaborative group to work with. Learned more about referral to specialties for various types of patient diagnoses. Hardest part of the job was the physical environment needed to be larger to accommodate patient numbers and acuity. Enjoyed the team aspect for providing best patient care.
Pros
Working with great physicians, staff and other professionals.
Cons
Physical work environment needs to be larger
none at this time
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAOctober 25, 2018
No review at this time. No life. A lot of yes men and women working for this company. This company has steadily gone downhill since the takeover 7 years ago. No local owner is hurting this business.
Great people, poor company
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAOctober 24, 2018
I loved my co-workers and nursing supervisor. They were the best I've had the pleasure to work with but the company is for profit and it's abundantly clear in the way they treat employees. The benefits and compensation are awful. They don't even match 401K! We always worked short with mandatory overtime.
Pros
The nurses are fantastatic
Cons
Terrible company to work for
difficult place to work
Acute Admitting and Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMay 6, 2018
it was kind of difficult making a transition from a more advanced EMR system to a badly outdated one. Working in admitting and registration had its pros and cons
A great job for a new grad
Inpatient Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMarch 1, 2018
I worked at Ottumwa regional health center as my first job after graduating. I really enjoyed working with all of my co-workers. I learned a lot about OT in an inpatient setting and now feel more confident in my abilities as an OT.
Stepping stone
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 19, 2018
Ok place to start but not a good place to work at long term. Always lacking supplies, no communication, always short on staff, minimal training. Set up for failure, they dont properly train new employees before setting them off on their own
decent place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2018
overall a decent place to work. no complaints whatsoever. busy at the usual times of month. managers respected your life outside of work. not sure what else to say.
Productive and fun work place
Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAOctober 16, 2017
Elite Executive Team, patient and kind when giving direction on a new project. Down to earth group of directors in management. Excellent benefit package.
fast paced
House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IASeptember 13, 2017
ORHC is a busy hospital with multiple patient turnovers a day. The hardest part of my job is trying to find extra staff to handle the patient population.
Stressful but rewarding exprience
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IA 52501August 30, 2017
Working in the business office was stressful but rewarding once the bills were paid. Manager was always available to help out if needed or would direct us to someone who could help.
Great work environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJuly 6, 2017
Great work environment to work in. The staff were always there to help when needed. Some parts of management of charting needed to be re-evaluated with staff.
Great Place to Work
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJune 22, 2017
I enjoyed the staff at this location. We all became like a family. It was nice to know that we had each others backs. Which is something you don't come across very often.
Specialized environment, but with small town feel
Staff Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJune 19, 2017
I work with an exceptional team. The people at this organization will keep you coming back day in and day out. The hospital is more specialized than most of the hospitals in the surrounding area, giving it a big hospital feel in a small town.
Pros
People
Enjoyable place to work with understanding and easy to work with management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Behavioral Health UnitMay 9, 2017
A typical work day is full of laughter and learning experiences. All of the staff is helpful to each other and enjoy making work a fun place to be. Management is always willing to work with you on scheduling and days off as needed. The hardest part of the job is finding extra hours to work as everyone is always willing to pitch in to fill in the gaps. The best part of the job is the fulfillment I feel at the end of each day, knowing that I truly helped my patients.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Only one 30 minute break per 12 hr shift
Bypass this place
RRT (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMarch 24, 2017
Plenty of bad attitudes in this place, no support from co-workers. Management could care less unless you are one of the pets. Double check your paystubs as there is always an error. Physicians are mediocre at best. Not a good relationship between community and hospital. Keep looking.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
You will never reach your potential here
Great employee hardworking and never appreciated for the hard work.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 12, 2017
No life balance Management unhelpful. Kicthen director hard to talk to rude and mischievous. Low pay for all the work you are required to conduct. Hard on good hard working employees. Only good thing is the benefits and enjoyment of other co works and presents of patients. Shift is stated to be 1st shift from 5am -130pm turns out you are working 6to 730pm shift no work and life balance.
Pros
Benefits and joyment from co worker and patients
Cons
No free lunch management low pay
Lots of good people, except in Admin. Too many "cooks" on day shift. No loyalty to employees.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 2, 2017
This place has some wonderful employees that try too give their best. That is never good enough for upper mgmt. Mgmt in meetings ALL day, never able to help on the floor.
Used to be a pretty nice hospital, but RCHP has allowed poor management to make this place hard to feel confident and appreciated as an employee.
Pros
Fellow co-workers
Cons
Patient/RN load unsafe. Extremely poor management
fastfood
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  ottumwa, iaSeptember 3, 2016
fast paced, always on the go, multitasking, prep, cooking, cleaning, counting cash, inventory, more cooking, and more cleaning. taking care of customers.