OU Medical Center Employee Reviews

amazing
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 3, 2018
amazing staff, amazing hospital. all around 1 of the best jobs ever. great management, coworkers. cant think of a bad thing to say at all. great schedules
Patient care is a passion of mine, but poor management causes numerous issues...
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKApril 23, 2018
Patient care is a passion of mine, but poor management causes numerous issues.
Hard to keep all areas staffed due to lack of competent hires and lack of management knowledge of how everything works.
Quick paced, great learning environment
CRITICAL CARE RN-CONTRACT (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKApril 16, 2018
Took temporary 13 week contract, stayed 17 months. Good teamwork overall which makes the task at hand enjoyable. Would recommend to others interested in a similar position.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
Temporary position
enjoy the people
STERILE PROCSSING CASE CART SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  SPD DeptApril 6, 2018
I enjoy working at O.U. there was a lot of ups and down. the turn over there is something else. A great place to get the training need to work in the Medical field.
Horrible place to work or be a patient.
CST (Former Employee) –  Adult SurgeryApril 4, 2018
Management plays favorites with people that continuously cause problems with others. Not uncommon for a select few to berate a co-worker in front of others or patients and not receive disciplinary action. The o.r. is a constant political nightmare and those who stay only do so for the experience of a level 1 trauma center. The day shift blames midshift and night crew. While the midshift blames the day crew. Night crew are lazy and blame any other shift.
Pros
Most of the Dr's are competent in what they do.
Cons
HCA owned facility that will burden you with more and more responsibility, and refusing to compensate for aquired skills.
Care Team Associate
Care Team Associate (Current Employee) –  OUMCMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work. Managers do a good job of working around your personal schedule. Policies and procedures are presented upfront so you know exactly what is expected of you. The benefits offered are unbelievable. Tuition assistance is available for those who would like to advance. Overtime contracts are available and a great way to make extra cash.
Poor management. Competitive environment. Care about bottom line more than patient satisfaction.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMarch 4, 2018
Poor management. Competitive environment. Unprofessional management. Excessive flex-out. Management is bullying, passive-aggressive, and back-stabbing. Senior management is not interactive with employees. Mediocrity is the preferred employee standard...not excellence as in the mission statement.
Pros
Coworkers. 401K matching.
Cons
Management, Communication, Respect. Senior management. Lack of follow through. Lack of respect for employees.
Loved this employer
Referral Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73104February 24, 2018
I hated to leave this employer, however husband was relocated. Work load was evened out within the office, proivders were easy to approach. Stayed busy with the large office.
Benefits
Cons
had to relocate
It was a productive and great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 21, 2018
It was a great experience. I remember the first day I was nervous because I knew the job was more serious then some of the other jobs I had. I was stuffed with papers I had to organize, I made sure all the files was in a folder with the person last name and first initial of there first name.
Enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 12, 2018
They teach you as you go which is nice.
They're patient and are always there if you have any questions.
Great group of people and they make coming to work enjoyable.
Great place to work with some challenges
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2018
Great pay . Great benefits. Great coworkers. Great environment for learning. Not always well managed. Understaffed. High turnover rate. Very heavy workload.
Pros
Great pay . Great benefits.
Cons
High turnover rate. Heavy workload.
n/a
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 2, 2018
i had a great experience working for OU Medical system. I do think there are a few things they could improve. so the general idea of how they operate is a good overall system.
Worked in Supply chain and I would never tell anyone to work there.
OR Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 30, 2018
Racist and if you are not friends with management there is no opportunity for advancement, Again I am talking about the supply chain department. Inexperienced people work there and it is awful.
Organization
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 26, 2018
There is minimal organization. From going to get the patient, going to sleep, the procedure and waking up, it's chaos. There are so many people involved and so many hoops to jump through it takes a long time for anything to get done and we cant do our jobs effectively.
One of my favorite places I’ve worked in years. Staff and co-workers were second to none. Would love the opportunity to work with the company again i!
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2018
Had the absolute best supervisor and director anyone could ask for. They would work with you if you needed unexpected time off and would look for ways to help you advance in your career!
Pros
Co-workers, advancement in career available always a possibility
Cons
N:a
Great oppurtunity
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 4, 2018
great opportunity for someone who is wanting to advance in the medical field.OU medical center makes it very possible and gives all the resources and help needed.
Telephone Transfer Center Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2017
I do not wish to respond. I will not say anything one way or another. I have worked at this job for more than 11 years, it has had it's up's and downs..
ou medical center
CST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2017
The best hospital in Oklahoma, advanced teaching, wonderful docs and staff, up to date on all procedures , turnover in surgery is awesome for patients and staff, incrediable patient to staff relationships
Pros
teaching
Cons
parking
Postive environment and great people.
Patient Access Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2017
Overall, I love working here and don't want to leave. The people are amazing and my manager and director are both great. The issues I have are that we do not get paid holoday time, the hours come out of our PTO, and I need a higher pay. I feel like we are under paid for the job we do.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
The dental insurance is not great and the pay should be raised.
Lots of call
RN PACU (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2017
Nursing staff was very supportive of each other. Turnover was high. likely due to call schedule seven days a week. Nurses often worked late even when not on call due to patient load to support co-workers.
Pros
good experience
Cons
work schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OU Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

OU Medical Center Reviews by Location