OU Medicine Employee Review

Love the people I work with! Great atmosphere.
Health Unit Coordinator - NICU (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2013
A typical day as a Health Unit Coordinator in the NICU consisted of many things! All of which are listed on my resume.
I have learned a lot from this job. Things such as how to deal with threatening situations to dealing with comforting families in need. I have learned more than I ever thought I would about xerox machines and how to repair them! The list of things I have learned here could go on for days.
The management always varied..it seemed to change every six months which I believe is not a good way to keep up with a good work enviornment, but they did the best they could!
I loved my co-workers. A lot of easy going people that I got along with wonderfully.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job was dealing with the new managers that did not understand our position and it is very hard to work at a place that makes you feel you are not useful when I know I am very helpful to all of the nurses because they made sure to tell me everyday!
That was one of the most enjoyable part of my job! Knowing that I contribute to a great thing and the nurses knowing too!
Pros
We always got a 30 minute lunch break.
Cons
Very underappreciated and under paid for how much work we would put in as a team.

Other OU Medicine Employee Reviews

Lab Registration Clerk
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKJune 4, 2018
I love meeting new people and helping them when they needed it. talking to them while I was doing registration. my patients was the best thing about working there.
Pros
the 10 hour days and having Friday off
Cons
the system was so old. the magt was different and the lead was to young
rn
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 3, 2018
different floors have different cultures, some floors have good team work and are run well, others not so much. A lot depends on the atmosphere that the floor manager promotes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OU Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

OU Medicine Reviews by Location