Ouachita Behavioral Health & Wellness Employee Reviews

This company does not care about anything but money
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 12, 2019
I worked there for almost ten years. Management does not care about employees. Management seems to hate the clients. Whatever is best for the client is NOT what this company cares about. It was wonderful working with the clients but I would NEVER recommend working here especially if you care about the clients and don’t just care about not getting fired.
Paperwork driven
Mhpp (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARMay 28, 2019
No paperwork means no pay. Children are neglected in order to meet paperwork demands/requirements. Classroom full of behaviourals, little help, did not receive company certification to deal with most dangerous behaviours. I was teacher, behaviour specialist and janitor for the janitors who would not do their jobs. Too much work and stress, too little time, too little pay. God forbid if you have to go to the restroom! You'll have to wait until somebody... ANYBODY walks by to give you a break. I was so glad to leave! My bladder and my family were thankful😊
Pros
The kiddos
Cons
Everything except kids
Terrible Communication between Managers and Employees
Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARMarch 7, 2019
I worked at OBHAW for almost 2 years, and around January I began to hear from the CLIENTS that my job would be terminated, I questioned my manager he said no such thing was happening, Yet ONE week before March 1st I was told I wouldn't have a job starting that day. The job itself is completely fine, yet the lack of Communication between Managers and Employees is truly poor. Never missed a day, never called in. My "Manager" knows I have a child to care for , yet chose to keep this information from me, truly UNPROFESSIONAL.
MHPP (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJuly 14, 2018
I have enjoyed my time there. Management is good. Pay is average. They have not given rises in since I have been there, but they have been restructuring and making positive changes.
Pros
Good mangement
Cons
pay
Overall a great place to work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARJune 21, 2018
This organization has been through a lot of changes. As with many organizational change processes, you either get on board or you move on. If you are someone with integrity, an excellent work ethic, a solution focus and a desire to help others, you will do well at this organization. The majority of the supervisors are strong respectable leaders that work just as hard as you will. Work-life balance is important and supported. The paid time off and benefits are some of the best available.
Horrible and Corrupt Management
N/A fear of retaliation by management (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, Malvern/April 17, 2018
The key management at this place is unethical in every respect. Other than a lot of paid time off, there is nothing positive to say about my experience working there for over 10 years. You will do yourself a favor to run if they offer you a job!
Pros
Extra paid time off
Cons
Unethical management who are out to get every penny out of the company for their own benefit, regardless of the negative impact on the clients and employees
Recognizing the need to change
MHP (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJuly 29, 2017
Over the past several years I have watched the leadership of this organization recognize the need for change and follow through so making those changes. Yes, the process hasn't been easy nor has it been painless but the results we are beginning to see are positive. Mental Health is a difficult business and OBHAW demonstrates a desire to serve the community and to improve the business of doing so to meet the needs of clients and employees. A great place to work if that's what you want to do. It's definite difficult if you expect to put in little and receive much.
Pros
Great benefits, recognition of the need to change
Cons
Process of change and current salary freeze (but its still competitive in our market)
A Great Place to Work!
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 25, 2017
If you have good work ethic, love to help people, and want to be a part of a growing. Organization and team this is where you want to be! I have worked for this agency for several years and management seems to be working proactively with the ever changing times! You are expected to do your job but I would not want to work for a company where there was not high expectation of their employees. My co-workers are great and we all support each other! Worked other places and the grass definitely isn't greener on the other side.
Pros
Great Employees! and Great Benefits!
Cons
Can be stressful but what job in mental health isn't.
The Grass isn't Greener
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 13, 2017
I've worked in an equivalent position in two other agencies and to me this company is better than both. Is my pay higher? No but it isn't less either and the productivity requirements are similar. It is a job and that requires you to work but if you can manage your time that part isn't difficult either. The leadership recognized the need to make changes and those are underway. If you're looking for a place that gives a paycheck with no work required this organization isn't for you.
Pros
Changes underway to make the agency better, great therapist
Cons
Challenges of the client and payor sources
Terrible management
Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 10, 2016
Company that cares about profit and not about employees or clients! Find a smaller company to work for! There are some wonderful staff that make working here good, but overall not a good company.
Pros
Some great co workers
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no support
Office Support (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 20, 2016
Is a fast paced environment. You have to know how to multi-task. Overall is great place to work for. Great therapists and co-workers. Great hours from 8 to 5, Monday to Friday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ouachita Behavioral Health & Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7