Our Piece of the Pie, Inc. Employee Reviews

Oppp
Junior Leader (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 1, 2019
Opp help kids with school and help kids with their majors and trades. Being at opp they will help you as long as you are doing the right things like showing up on time, being at meetings, and be respectful to everyone. The case workers at opp are wondaful at helping young teens and young adults find work part-time and full time job. The hardest part of opp is finding work that fits your like and interest. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people that will help you and opp brings the best out of people when they think they cant do it.
great experience
Hartford youth service program (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 2, 2019
gave me a chance to work other places and experience new different job ethics. I was able to work in a school with kids, helping them with there subjects, watching them, and just being there
Pros
being able to work
Cons
barley getting hours
Individual programs are not coordinated into coherent agency
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 23, 2018
Each program works to make numbers dictated by funders without any attempt to tie the different pieces together.

Few opportunities for advancement or professional development for caseworkers. Micromanaging managers make work unpleasant.
Pros
Decent work/life balance
Cons
Uncoordinated management, high turnover
Great for students and inner city youth development
Intern/Temp work program (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2018
I worked here as an intern. They helped me with school and getting job experience. The counselor I had was great but she no longer works there anymore. I would go to them again if I could.
Sleazy
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2018
Scripted public statements and testimonials when visitors tour facilities. Unprofessional and crude language regularly practiced during closed door staff meetings.
Cons
cannot trust management
Summer youth program
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 19, 2018
It was awesome dealing with the youth of today and the issues and training they needed to enter life after school
Meet deadlines on payroll be in contact with the employers to see how everything is working out
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pressure at times to meet new expectations that suddenly came up
Great experience
Music Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 19, 2018
I absolutely loved it! I've learned so much about career readiness! I've learned a lot about the business aspect of media and photography! I'd definitely recommend it to all teens.
Awesome and friendly place to work
SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER AT OPPORTUNITY ACADEMY (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 19, 2018
I love my job because the days are unpredictable working in a school environment. The management is very supportive of the staff and the students. I work with young adults that attend OPPORTUNITY ACADEMY which is their last attempt in completing high school. The best part of my job are the sessions with the students because I can actively listen to their concerns and teach them coping skills. I enjoy working with the community.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Productive fun and useful workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTFebruary 15, 2018
Usual activity place.
Make new friends.
Helpful organization.
Be productive throughout the day.
Good enviroment.
Place of study.
Place of learning.
Everybody gets to be apart of what's the main topic.
Great for Youth Jobs
Voter Registrar (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT 06112February 1, 2018
Our Piece of the pie is a great place to build inter-personal skills along with life skills and workplace skills. They help youths build resume's along with connect them to real life jobs through internships
Good for a first job
Summer youth employee (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 31, 2018
I interned for a fashion designer and all in all it was good for my first job after high school. I made a lasting relationship with my supervisor and was even invited to continue to work with her volunteering at her studio and helping her with a clothing line.
Pros
Working with fashion, great supervisor.
Cons
My coworker made more than I did but we worked the same amount of hours 🤔
Summer job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 25, 2018
Management was good but it is a summer job which wasn't as good. This is an opportunity for teens from the ages 14+ to start having work experience.!!
Pros
Hours are great
Cons
Its a internship
Laid Back, Learning Experience
Youth @ Work - Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 16, 2018
I had a lot of fun attending this youth learning summer, i learned basic skills on how to handle myself in an actual workplace. it was one of the best experiences of my life.
N/a
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 16, 2017
Great First Job would recommend for a friend. Very friendly environment, facility is relatively secure, management is down to earth and working with the youth is rewarding.
Productive environment and Positive Attitudes
Park/Building Maintainence (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 13, 2017
Days vary depending on the season. For example, in the winter, i would start by shoveling paths to walk and the lot so employyes may park. Then i would go inside to clean the building. In the summer it was more productive because i would do lawn work such as mowing, weeding, mulching, etc.
Pros
I was able to take my breaks when i wanted
Cons
Winter was cold due to working outside
first experience work place
junior art makers (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 9, 2017
i learned to to design and paint a portrait. this job was a great first experience in a real job. i enjoyed everyday i worked it was a fun workplace how ever people managed to be rude and bully me.
Jobs
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 6, 2017
Great summer youth employment opportunities and made many new friends and meet great people had a lot of fun with many of the different jobs that I did with working there
Pretty good experience
Youth Employment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 28, 2017
Great people to work with, great environment. I loved working with the kids and doing things for the community of Hartford. Definitely a place to work if you would like to enter the world of social services
Pros
Environment, Friendly People, Working with Kids
Cons
Location, takes patience
Staff that Care For Others
OPP (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 4, 2017
Staffs there are amazing, they will check on you whether in or out the building just to see if we need anything or anyone to talk to. they give great advice in life and always lets us know if its a job available and if we do proceed with it they will help us be ready for the job.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
Need More Kids To Join
It was really great working there. I’ve met so many great people including the Mayor and News Repoters I’ve learned a lot by working here
Assistant (Former Employee) –  20-28 Sargeant StJuly 3, 2017
I’ve done a lot of ground work. Cleaning parks/Streets, moving objects in buildings, planting too. I’ve also learned how to expand and cooperate with others. Also worked in a after school program called Boys & Girls club for Our Piece of the Pie, inc..
Pros
It was a good experience to work in.
Cons
Didn’t have good hours more days for me to work with at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Our Piece of the Pie, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Our Piece of the Pie, Inc. Reviews by Location