Outback Steakhouse Employee Reviews

Found 4,174 reviews matching the search See all 4,819 reviews
outback
Server (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MODecember 11, 2018
washing dishes, prepping food, buster, it was a fast pace to work at you're always on your feet and moving around, it was a okay place to work at not a career job for me.
Fun place to work
Front House Manager (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 11, 2018
Talk to customers, help management, servers and customers. I don't like when a customer is not happy. Management is always willing to teach you new things. I love all the customers and the staff. Miss Outback lots
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
on your feet all day
Great job for a young person going to college
Server/Private Event Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
This job was fun! I loved working at this concept and the time I spent at the many stores I worked. Many life long friends were made here. Although the concept has changed since I left there I would still recommend it as a place to work.
Very productive and fun workplace
bartender and server (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens FloridaDecember 10, 2018
Outback Steakhouse is a great company to work for him they really take care of their employees the temps are very nice management is very professional
Pros
Shift meals and great coworkers
Cons
Rarely got brakes menu was difficult to learn
If desperate
BOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 10, 2018
The Proprietor turns a blind eye on too many major issues concerning business and work environment for the sake to maintain her ideal schedule. There's very little room to move up in this company past flipping steaks and burgers. Company avoids giving raises and will lie to keep you from getting them. But if you like to get drunk, do lines and get stoned during the shift this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Proprietor
fast paced work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHDecember 9, 2018
resturaunt work, if you have done it before you know what it will be like. Management is fair and it is a well cultured, diverse company. Always oppertunities to move up.
Pros
food dicounts
Cons
hard paced work
Fun enviroment
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 9, 2018
The friends I made while being a server became lifetime companions. The manager was very fare and allowed us to have fun while we were working as long as we were getting our job done.
Pros
Had to work longer hours to make money
Cons
lack of steady pay
managing partner
MANAGING PARTNER/PROPRIETOR (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 9, 2018
Great company, worked for Outback for almost 20 years. Left to start new company and regretted it ever since. now open for lunch, not sure how i feel about that
Work overload
KEY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 8, 2018
So much goes into running a restaurant. Customer service and organization is a must. Finding the balance between time and money is essential. First job taught me a lot of people managing.
fun and productive place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 8, 2018
good money, easy work, fun environment, and great management. i would definitely recommend anyone who is interested in this job to pressure it. great place to work.
Would highly recommend working here
Server (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVDecember 7, 2018
Its a very high paced work environment, management is great and its a really great environment to work in. Fellow employees are very friendly and look out for you like family.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
short breaks
It's alright
Certified Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 7, 2018
This is a good job to work while you are in school. Now this is like every server job so the pay goes up and down depending on the tips, so keep that in mind.
Decent
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Butler, NJDecember 7, 2018
Not bad for a young employee but you cannot support an adult lifestyle on this job. You make very little per shift. I would only recommend based on the ability to have a varied schedule around things such as class.
productive work place
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 7, 2018
you come in getting gloves and you catch the dishes and run the dishes back to where they are supposed to go keep doing that until its time to close then you take out trash sweep the back wash potatoes bag the trash cans but them back in the store all you do after you clean the dishpit
Pros
fun place to work
Outback
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 7, 2018
Basically coming in an seat the people who are dinning in with us and trying to make there stay enjoyable and a place to remember. management was okay some people help but most people just left you hanging when you asked them stuff. the hardest part of the job really was just trying to make the customers happy but after a while it got easier.
outback was a fun environment to work at
Waiter , Host, deliver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
A typical day at outback could be good or bad, depending on the day your scheduled. Most of the time when i worked i made about $110 a day, mostly because i did my job well. but some days i would only go home with maybe $60- $70.
Pros
50% off for food
Cons
bad management
I loved it there
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 6, 2018
I was able to grow in that company I loved working there I that store became like a home for me the managers are nice easy going fair and really show appreciation for there employee s
A day a Outback Steakhouse
Host (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 6, 2018
We were a busy store on N Lindbergh. We opened at 4 in the evening and closed at 10pm. There was a lead host and two seaters. Usually I would lead and stay upfront and great all the guest and inform them what we had available or if we were on wait time. We would update stables by informing the head host what tables were clean, dirty or getting ready to get up. If we were on a wait, since there was nothing for us to do, we would all help the servers run food get drinks for their tables and even clean tables to move the wait time we were on. Once we were off the wait it was just about closing time and we would start cleaning up the front area of the restaurant and start shutting it down, and preparing for the next shift.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Poor management
Have to be FRIENDS with everyone
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704December 6, 2018
Will mess up your pay. The issue had not been remedied for over two months! If you're not part of the cool kids, you will be on the outside. Regardless of how well/hard you work.
Benefits
Cons
Prisoners run the prison
Stressful
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXDecember 5, 2018
Stressful environment with not enough pay for the effort that you are putting in. Not very good at teamwork amongst coworkers. Alot of favoritism from managers towards certain employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outback Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.6K
31K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight