Outback Steakhouse Employee Reviews

41.4K
Found 3,760 reviews matching the search See all 4,354 reviews
Great work environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 22, 2018
Great people and fun place to work. I learned alot and became the lead hostess in less than a year. Plenty of opportunities to advance. Very fast pace and friendly guests.
Fast-paced environment
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 22, 2018
Flexible hours since they are open for lunch as well as dinner. Its a very fast-paced environment once the rush hits, so you have to be on your toes, and willing to adjust what you are currently doing to balance your responsibilities. If you can master multitasking and keeping your cool, this will be a great job option for you!
Pros
Tip out, Daily quick shifts, Decent money if you can flip tables fast enough.
Cons
Not really a break, Non-stop for the whole shift
Pleasant overall experience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJuly 21, 2018
I loved working at outback. The staff and management were excellent and made everyone feel welcome. The job was fun and you meet a lot of new people. I would definitely reccomend working there. I enjoyed working there, and was sad to leave.
Pros
Fun, friendly, and fantastic working environment
Cons
Fast-paced, sometimes stressful
Great Part-Time Job
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 21, 2018
Outback has a fun atmosphere and is a pretty relaxed place. On busier nights the servers and hosts can be a bit stressed but near the end of the night, everything goes back to normal. The managers are helpful and the kitchen staff is friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a little extra money.
Pros
discount, friendly staff, helpful management
Cons
not enough hours all the time
Not a bad place to work. I wont miss it
SERVER, BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2018
I had a love/hate for Outback. You can make good more from tips but its always hit or miss from location to location. I think the company has changed lot for the worst over the years that I've worked there. But overall not a bad job. some of my co workers really hated working there.
Pros
co workers, tips
Cons
corporate
Fast and hands on
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 20, 2018
Being a hostess, I learned a lot of tricks. You had to be quick with your hands and feet, constantly moving. Overall, I enjoyed working there and learning new things.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
Rude managers
Good Job
Outback steakhouse (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 20, 2018
It was good I got paid and it was fun social place who are competetive they had great ceremonies for us everyone linked up and connected we formed great bonds across the back and front of the house
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Stay away
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHJuly 20, 2018
The company was great when I stared but was sold to bean counters and destroyed the culture. Food and service qualities deteriorated as did autonomy for partners to run our businesses to be part of our communities.
fast paced and busy environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 19, 2018
keeps you on your toes. high stress moments. learn a lot of food knowledge. easy way to move up in the company. being able to serve a family and have them leave happy because of you is amazing
Outback
Server (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHJuly 19, 2018
People we work with are very fun. But its your typical corporate restaurant. Terrible clientele, gross food, subpar drinks, and careless management. Do not recommend.
Awful Work Environment
HEADWAIT, SERVER, CARRYOUT, AND HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 19, 2018
This could be entirely based on location but the location I worked at was five years of stress. Since the first day on the job, they threw you into everything with no training. Expected you to work longer hours than your scheduled shift with NO breaks. Yes, even 12 hours shifts with not a single break! $2.13/hr with tips. It was bearable as long as you were a server/bartender otherwise you only got tip share which would NEVER amount to make minimum wage per hour. Unpaid events that lasted 8+ hours. Employees showing up intoxicated and receiving no punishments. I could literally go on all day about the horrible experience with Outback Steakhouse. Once again, this could be purely geographically based.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Everything else
Worked here for years
Server (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 19, 2018
It is like working at any other corporate restaurant. You will not be treated fairly by customers or mangers. The competition between coworkers is strong.
Fast paced place to make quick money
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 19, 2018
Fun place to be able to interact with others and make money on the daily. typical days included setting up at the start of the day and cleaning up at the end.
Not a bad job
Bartender/Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 19, 2018
Outback in Jackson Tennessee is different than most chain steakhouses. we are a franchise unlike most outback's which are strictly ran by corporate. it is more laid back than most outbacks i have been to.
Pros
good tips
Cons
bad management
Productuve, fun, teamwork, good money.
Certified Trainer/Server (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 18, 2018
Fun place to work at, good clientele, good income, awesome management. Great possibility of moving up the chain, good environment, team work oriented.
Pros
Excellent work environment, good benefits.
Cons
Sometomes rude customers.
Immature and stressful work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 18, 2018
Management and employees are unprofessional . The money can be good but you have to tip out and walk with less money. Kitchen is usually dirty. Beware of harassment from cooks and employees and sometimes managers
Overall was a good experience.
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJuly 18, 2018
It's just time I move onto other things, the corporation was great to work for. But as I grow older I can't live off of what they want to pay me and allow me to work.
Enjoyable workplace
Horbart technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2018
The people I worked with was great. The work environment was clean and safe. I was able to get along with everyone that worked there. I also enjoyed going to work on a daily basis.
restaurant environment
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJuly 18, 2018
Working in the restaurant is the best especially on weekends you meet great people and have tones of fun but its fast paced and hard work at the same time must know how to manage your time and have communication skills
Quick paced with a high check average whats not to like!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJuly 18, 2018
Fun place to work with great co-workers! My time there was during a management transition phase which tends to get a little bumpy, such is the nature of the industry!
Pros
Great money, fun place to work
Cons
Limited training material

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outback Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight