Outback Steakhouse
68Average

Outback Steakhouse Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA56 reviews
Overall a great place to work
Outback was a great place to work friendly people and very helpful. The only issue with me was learning the menu was mandatory and lost my job because i couldnt pass the menue test
Great first job
It was really easy to work there. The management was organized. A relaxed place to work at. A lot of good and friendly coworkers to work with. Recommended for someone who loves the restaurant business.
Pros
Really easy
Cons
Gets busy
Welcoming Workplace
All of the people I worked with were extremely supportive and helped me get acclimated to the work environment very quickly. The only issues you'll ever encounter are unpleasant customers but just get a manager and they are always there to support you.
Nice, But Overwhelming.
I enjoyed my work there due to my other associates, but I was typically stressed out due to the impatience of the enviroment. If you do not deal well with a fast paced and demanding job, I would not reccomend this for you.
It was a really adorable place
I love the staff they are very friendly and always take care about you, customer treat you very well and also they have a lot of regulars that are very nice
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
horrible do not waste your time
Managament is horrible do not work here!! place is disgusting should be shut down bc of health code violations the gm shows favoritism towards certain people and gives them better sections
Pros
Cons
everything
Good environment
Everyone there is very friendly and the company has very regular customers. Policies are clearly laid out and management is very organized. I enjoyed working there and hope to return one day.
People are rude
Seat customers at their table. Deal with server drama and nonsense. Answer calls and make call ahead seating. No reservations. Rude customers and horrible tips/pay.
Productive and Great Learning Environment
Outback Steakhouse in Herndon was a fun workplace, while also staying professional. Every employee is kind and easy to talk to with a problem at work. I sat tables and answered phone calls from customers daily. I learned hospitality and customer service skills, how to work in a fast-paced environment, and how to interact with patrons.
Pros
50% off discount
Easy going and enjoyable at the beginning, but progressively worse
When I first started working at Outback Steakhouse as a delivery driver, I was having the time of my life; I got to drive 20 minutes roundtrip and listen to music the whole time. I felt like I was being recognized for my work, and I even convinced management to change the delivery uniform to be more suitable for the weather. However, as time went on, the job became a slog. Management became progressively worse over time, and so did the overall work enjoyment and experience
If you want to grow in the restaurant business than work there.
Cool Place to work, but the travel to the restaurant is kind of far. Managers are over all great workers and responsible as a team.
All employees get 50 percent off of food which is awesome to use before or after your shift.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Distance
fun and productive work place
Very good company, friendly atmosphere, friendly co-workers, friendly guest. you might catch a pro player there on a good night. the money was good. if you were good with your guest they would let the manager know right away. Our manager did contest to keep everyone on their toes.
Pros
good money, great food, discount for employee food
Cons
some times you have bad tippers
Good Experience
Working at Outback is truly an experience to have. The hours may not be much but its enough to keep a working day going. The environment is fast-pace and ha a lot of time management to keep you on a good payroll.
Pros
Smoke Breaks
Cons
No lunch Breaks
Great place to start work.
I found Outback being a great way to get my foot in the door of the working world. Starting out young and working there in my late teens' I was shown how to really work not only for myself but for others to keep the environment well for all. Working there taught me great team work and to manage my time better.
Pros
good work environment, great food.
Cons
Long hours, short breaks
Flexible workplace with cohesion among coworkers
Very flexible for your personal schedule, good for students and people with multiple jobs. Environment is no different from any restaurant employment. Management is a hit or miss. Hardest part of the job is doing multiple positions as a server, where other restaurants separately employ food runners, bussers, etc. Most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
Great place!
Very clean and well ran place to enjoy a nice night out with the family or friends! Will recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to have a great time!
Outback Steakhouse
Loved working with many of the people i grew up with within the company, The work/life balance is horrible but the culture is fun and always pushes you to do your best.
Fun place to work
Great place to work, have fun, and make money. I learned a lot there about managing working in a kitchen. Sometimes the hardest part of the job were long hours and being away from home.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad insurance
Small town restaurant
A chain restaurant in a small town is hard to work in. We don't operate like other stores in our chain/region. The hours are different, which effects how the workers are paid.
Fast Paced and a sense of belonging
I enjoy the people I work with and the fact that there's always something to do. However, with 3 kids the work hours aren't conducive to a family lifestyle.
Great Place to work
greet guests, perform our verbal menu presentation to each table, provide menus, suggest and serve beverages, answer questions, and take and place orders. Responsibilities include retrieving and delivering entrees and sides, removing plates and glasses, presenting desserts, delivering checks and thanking guests.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outback Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Outback Steakhouse.