Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse insights

Based on 2,319 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Not bad for a part time gig

Good for a part time gig, but not for long term. Pay is hit or miss depending on the day and company culture is toxic. Not much room for growth. Only would recommend as a part time gig for those in school or looking for a 2nd job.

Pros

Flexiable Schedule

Cons

Inconsitent Pay

Typical restaurant kitchen job

I felt like a valued part of the team the majority of the time. Meeting ticket time expectations of management was often difficult due to poor kitchen staffing (in general).

The job is as good as you make it

Help from management is always available if asked for. Not much flexibility on schedule With current staff shortages. The job is what you make it, if you come in with a positive attitude and have a way with talking to customers then this will be a great job. Always room to grow, you could start as a host and work your way to management. Inclusive company, the goal is to have a good time and make money and for the customers to enjoy the environment and want to come back. Of your life changes and you move you can always relocate Outbacks.

Pros

Work your way up

Cons

No breaks

8 years

Besides they way I ended my job here I worked at 3 different locations and loved working with the staff management included. I did several different positions and if you just ask more than likely management will have you trained for your desired position

Its a job

It's a basic serving job for people that are in college and or high school. Decent tips but it all depend on the area that you work at. I don't have much else to say.

Pros

Meal Discount

Cons

Scheduling

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Good people to work with

Good people to work with everyone cared for each other. The shifts were confusing. But overall I felt welcomed and never had any problems. Some gossip but nothing crazy.

Hard work but fun.

Fun place to work. When understaffed not so great. During COVID and even now hard to get dependable workers. Staff changes back of house and front of house. For years they had the same dependable staff and it ran smoother then.

Pros

You can make good money

Cons

Sometimes no time for a break to eat. Very frustrating.

Ok place to work

It’s ok place to work, not very much money. Very unorganized and poor management. Other employees very friendly. Not a very popular store anymore. Feel as if quality went down

Very good restaurant to work at

If you’re wanting to get a job at a restaurant, Outback is definitely a good one to work at. Loved the managers and people I worked with. No one would ever let someone else struggle. Felt loved by everyone on the crew.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Super busy most nights

Great managment, small pay

Alot of work for not too much pay. Sometimes making 30$ a shift. Managemnt is great though and rewards hard work for promotions. My favorite job ive ever had.

Jobs at Outback Steakhouse

See more jobs

Its typical restaurant work

Been here for 12 years. The people have become great friends. It is what you make it. Food runs slow sometimes, could be busier. Requires loyalty and common sense.

Great potential and good culture

New management now has restored my faith! We strive for the best ! Service industry has taken a hit since COVID, but finally we can meet our potential and keep long teem employees!

Pros

Cons

Late hours

Fun, family environment

Great job, good benefits, paid for how you perform, great advancement and development opportunities. Leaders truly care about your successes and development

Na

I love working here I love the people I love the job I love the managers I love the cooks it is the best job I ever had in my life and I’m glad to have

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Fastpaced and stressful but often fun.

Hard stressful work but mostly worth it. Generally good teamwork. Mangement is unpredictable between members and also how upper mangement handles those situations. There is favoritism and that often goes unchecked. This business is very busy and on a higher end so much is expected out of the support staff which is usally fiancially rewarded but not always appreciated. I recommend them but you need a tough skin and lots of energy.

Pros

Busy so time passes fast, Profitable, Equal distubution of side work, 50% discount on food eaten only during shifts, Candy days, Contests, Food discount for up to 3 family members when you eat in with them.

Cons

no discount on take out food, Crowded work space, Inconsistent management and support for the staff that keeps the restaurant running-severs, cooks, hosts, dish, and take out and delivery.

Hectic, energetic, unpredictable

I enjoyed working in the to-go room. All of my coworkers were so amazing to work with and someone was always willing to help. However, as a delivery driver, no manager told me that I had to stay until 30 mins before closing. I had to go on many personal errands for the managers with no extra pay, I once used my own money to buy some items that had not been restocked and no one thanked me or reimbursed me. There were some days where I had to work a double with no break. I definitely felt exploited.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Long hours, Lack of compassion

its a restaurant

You ever have those jobs where you go in fresh and prepared for anything and then the first thing that happens just kinda....throws that all away? That's serving. All the time. It's wild and unpredictable, and your body might hate you for it later, but the earning potential is there if you need money. Even during covid, a server can make upwards of $150 even on a weeknight in a corporate place. It's not easy, though. Be prepared to work your tail off every night.

Very ok place to work

Not good or bad. You tip out bar more than I'd like because they are usually behind and bussers are either great or petty. Nothing new for a restaurant tho.

dishwasher

they treat u like trash especially at the end of the night i never seen a place so unorganized and manager just chillen in office watching netflix with supervisor

Pros

pay, free food

Cons

no help, manager never around

Corporate To The Bone

My time at Outback provides the perfect story of why people are running from the Food and Beverage Industry. The culture they preach is inclusiveness and family, in actuality, it is passive aggressive management. Be ready to kiss butt for "favors" and being made to feel like garbage if you do not do the "favors" for them. The communication we received during the Pandemic was laughable. Anytime any employee had any questions, the Proprietor would burst into a soliloquy about what a great job Outback was doing. Groupthink of Management patting themselves on the back for mediocrity.

Pros

50% off for employees

Cons

Poor Management. Will keep your hours low to avoid providing Healthcare

Oky

it can be better if there was better management. Pay is horrible barely gets busy. If you don’t want to be doing nothing most of the time and don’t like pow pay don’t apply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outback Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6K
2.2K
1.5K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss