Outdoor Cap Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 12, 2018
Outdoor Cap provided a culture of honesty and integrity. The company is ran by an outstanding president and he hires like minded managers and supervisors.
Interesting
Embroidery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 31, 2018
I had an interesting position while working with Outdoor Cap Co. I worked on a very large Tajima machine that would embroider a pre-programmed design on all sides of a hat.
Growing company with much need for improvement
Trainer/Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 1, 2018
Company has good customer service roots and care for employees. During growth over past few years new managers who were unfamiliar with the headwear business, company "family" feel has turned to a more corporate "me first" attitude. This attitude and the misunderstanding of the production business is pushing the company away from the take care of your people culture it was founded on.
Pros
Healthcare, community involvement, international literacy program
Cons
Untrained managers, short staffed, antiquated ordering system
Low Pay/Good Life Balance
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
They seem to work with time management when it comes to taking off work, but the pay is very low compared to similar companies. The raises are once a year and rarely more than 35 cents. Pretty much just a cost of living increase. Don't expect to be compensated well.
Pros
Positive atmosphere for the most part
Cons
Low-Wages
I would go back to Outdoor Cap
Temporary Domestic Custom Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 27, 2018
Overall, I really enjoyed the people I worked and the training the provided. They gave great feedback to you on your performance and continued to provide guidance on a daily basis.
Great people and benefits
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 17, 2018
Working in the warehouse becomes tedious and boring. If you're ok with repetitive work, then this is job for you! The supervisors are all fairly relaxed and easy to get along with. Theres not much communication between employees due to the tasks required. The hardest part of the job for me is lack of communication with others, never getting to use my skills of solving problems, and the repetitive tasks. Occasionally they will buy you lunch after you and the team complete a major job.
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches
Cons
Boring work, no interaction with others
Great atmosphere
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 2, 2018
Room for advancement was not there for my position, I would have stayed at Outdoor Cap through retirement had I been given the opportunity to advance. Benefits, time off, and management were amazing.
Less Micromanaging, More Compensation
Domestic Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 28, 2018
Benefits are great, if you can afford them. Salary just doesn't cut it for the cost of living in the area. Company seems to have the right idea, just misses the boat on execution.
Pros
culture, benefits
Cons
poor communication by leadership, low pay
fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 17, 2018
its a good company, poor manager, shoqwed fVORTISM, DID NOT LIKE AUTHORITY CHALLENGED. my supervisor was a favortism supervisor. she did not like any questions regarding her authority or her ways.
Nice laid back work environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 13, 2018
I would love to stay, but there is very little job advancement, and i dont want to sound greedy but too low pay. At the moment, i need a better paying job. I want to fine a career, i would enjoy for 20 years
Relaxed atmosphere
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 2, 2017
Fun environment to work in. Enjoyed every task given daily, no matter how hard it may had seemed. Co-workers and management where a joy to work with. Made coming to work very easy and welcoming.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay
Its ok. I had an awesome supervisor.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 27, 2017
My supervisor was awesome. He's been there for a long time and he's extremely underpaid for what he does for the company. It's a good stepping stone but there's no advancement opportunity and the uppers are full of empty promises. Most of the employee’s would rather complain than work. There's not much opportunity for advancement unless someone else gets fired.
Pros
Laid back environment, long lunches, easy job
Cons
No advancement, horrible benefits, low paying
Great Place for your first job
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 23, 2017
The management really sucks here and there is no career advancement. It's a great for your first entry level position but it should only be a stepping stone for your next career move
Great Place to work
team member entering customer's purchase orders (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 4, 2017
worked 8 hr days with knowledgeable staff and co workers. i would highly recommend anyone looking for work with Outdoor cap to persue the oppertunity. they really are a class act
Pros
Great co workers
comfortable enviroment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARApril 8, 2017
Long work day but relaxed comfortable, i learned machine operations and quality control which i really enjoy , the hardest part was hooping hats but the most enjoyable was seeing a finished product that good good remarks that i personally built and finished
Pros
Good break schedule, friendly employees
Cons
drama, and unorganized boss
identity crisis
annon (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 26, 2016
Lots of turn over. All the way from the president of the company to hourly team members. New members of management that do not support the 'family' culture the company has been known for. Leadership is not on the same page with each other. Rather they are individual silos. Owner of the company is planning retirement.
Pros
Your family comes first. Benefits are good.
Cons
Pay is lower than other companies in the area.
Amazing Fun Place to Work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 16, 2016
This company had the best leadership team and they beleived in the people they hire. Strong work family environment. The benefits are the best.
Pros
Room for Advancement
Cons
Part-time work really isn't available
Love the people I work with, learning new things and ways to do my job
Embroidery Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 30, 2015
I love the people I work with. The heat is the worst part of the job. Learning new things and new ways to do my job. This is a good place to work. We have fun and get our job done. Working 2nd shift is not the greatest but we all get thru it.
Good Job Great People
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 11, 2014
Loved the process of learning about international wire transfers for our merchandise most of it was shipped via sea it was a nice change and challenge,
home of walmart
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 7, 2014
Great people, very fast paced and only ment for people who can take stress