OUTDOOR NETWORK Employee Reviews

Job growth
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 4, 2018
This is a type of job that just only solely for pay, don't ever expect to advance. The employees are dramatic, nosy, and jealous of you. After my first month of working there I was already searching for another job. The schedule is unstable. the changes are from day to day where is not reliable. Great for an teenager.
Pros
Cons
Management and the work atmosphere
Official response from OUTDOOR NETWORK
September 10, 2018

Outdoor Network employees enjoy numerous advancement opportunities and a stable schedule. Over the past two years, 14 of our Distribution staff have moved into leadership positions throughout the Organization; We promote from within whenever possible. However, you will likely need to work with us for longer than one month to become a promotion candidate.

Somtimes stressful, but enjoyable.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 30, 2018
During busy season, the job is sometimes stressful, but the coworkers and management make it fun. The atmosphere is like working with one big family where everyone pitches in.
Great pitch to get you on board... but thats where it ends.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLJune 21, 2018
A typical workday consists of putting out the fires created by upper management, and I "quickly" learned that employees are of no interest to them at all, they feel the employees should be on their knees and thanking them for a job, and I can't work that way...I fought hard for employees and allowed them to grow, but management despised that approach and we parted ways.
Pros
Management, Relocation, Benefits for a manager is generous
Cons
Once you agree to work for them, you become a "number" who is responsible to get as much out of the employees as possible.
Official response from OUTDOOR NETWORK
June 25, 2018

Outdoor Network is committed to an employee-friendly environment, that offers professional opportunity and a good work-life balance for all. This employee worked for the Company for 3 weeks, and was quickly identified and an improper fit for the Company culture. Upper management offers a lot of support and interaction. This employee wanted unrestricted authority within two weeks of working with us. Upper management did not feel he learned enough about the business in this very short tenure to learn about the business well enough to make the transformational changes he demanded. We wish this employee the best of luck in all his future endeavors!

fast paced
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 19, 2018
great place to work family oriented facility everyone is friendly and team will help you learn more about your job and incentives are available based upon your work rate for the month
Productive and laid back atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 10, 2018
I Love the Job. I would like to change my hours.
I have learned to look parts up
I maintain emails phone calls and chats
The hardest part of my job is when I can't find a part for a customer
The people I work are great
Excellent place to work
ATV Sales (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 2, 2017
I really loved this job, and it was a sales job that eventually led into a govt. contract job. The staff was very nice and helpful. I think this job would suite anyone that is looking for a start in the sales field.
Glass Roof
Reciever/Picker/Verify (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 6, 2017
Relationships between supervisors and employees are inappropriate and results in a hostile work environment. Males are typically promoted faster. Rules and schedules are frequently changed. Sometimes on a weekly basis. It is a very hot during the summer and cold during the winter.
Pros
Management provides lunch on special occasions.
Cons
No air conditioned break area and poor benefits.
Very productive.
Verifier (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 13, 2017
Outdoor Network is a very productive job. The management does a great job working with their employers. I would recommend this job to a person who does not mind being on their feet.
workplace
Verifier (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Overall, it is a great company to work for. It is an easy job for good pay. It does require some heavy lifting though. The hardest part about this job is the summer times working in the warehouse. There is no central a/c so it gets very hot and difficult to work, however, they do supply water to employees to help keep everyone hydrated for those conditions. All the employees are easy to work with and understanding for the most part.
very hot , stressful, no room for advancement, favorite employees are happy
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 9, 2017
This company could be a great one; however, the way that production lines are sit up you must be very aggressive to get the work as it is not divided equally between workers. This leads to fighting/drama and a very stressful work environment on a daily basis. All management is worried about is numbers!!! If you can get the work and are fast , you will become one of the favorites and will be treated fairly!!!
Pros
company provided lunch once or twice when unattainable numbers were met
Cons
hot, just fans, when systems go down, so do your numbers, then you have to work faster to make up for delay
So So Operations
Warranty Administrator, Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I cannot rate the Albany Operations, I had very little exposure. The Florida Operations is not very mature for the time the company has been open. Constantly changing priorities based on unknown directives. The software is adequate, but very misapplied. There exists no coordination or common objectives between departments leading to a constant struggle to complete jobs. Constant turn over of service related administration. Very little support from absentee management.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Mismanaged
Fast paced work enviorment
Verifier (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 30, 2016
Outdoor Network always kept me busy. I loved learning new things everything and handling heavy machinery, It was a nice experience. Love the fast pace
Always something new to learn/ Challenging and fair
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 14, 2016
I loved working for this company, they stand by their employees and make sure they have the opportunities to advance. They offer a great benefit package as well. If you have a passion for production then this is the place to work.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, Monthly bonus, vacation pay
Cons
Can be hot in summer and cold in winter
Very Hot, Hard Working Environment with a Cold Environment
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 10, 2016
Very Productive, Hard Working Environment. I have learned and experienced a lot of things. For example: Loading/ Unloading Trucks and putting them in the right pallet
Normal Workday
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 15, 2014
Managing staff, analyzing production statistics, reviewing material with senior management, handling warehouse production.
Productive and fun but also good learning experience
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Learning how to use the computer and putting the information in and making quarter.

The hardest part of the job would be when some co workers didn't show up that put more strain on me running the line and getting the order out on time.

When we came across mistakes and had to correct them sometimes the order went out late
It's been a fun experience
CSR (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 4, 2013
Responsible for receiving all incoming customer requests for boats.net and partzilla.com via telephone, email, web requests, interoffice or through management escalations. Processing phone orders for boat, motorcycles, ATV, snowmobile parts. Developing and presenting customer service protocols for call center to ensure consistent practice. Maintained accurate and complete customer data base and records and other administrative office duties. Continuously learn about the business units and their activities by building and maintaining customer relationships that are designed specifically to meet business unit requirements for services.