Outokumpu Stainless

Outokumpu Stainless Employee Reviews in Calvert, AL

Calvert, AL53 reviews
Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including holidays and weekends and be able to switch between day shift and night shift every two weeks. They offer a very good medical dental and vision plan plus 401K match!
A great place for advancement and opportunities. Outokumpu Calvert Laboratory has a great cross training and progression program. This is no place to be stagnant. Team members are encouraged to progress and develop their skills. There's a systematic approach to the training of Laboratory Technicians from the time you start as an entry tech up to being able to lead a shift. The only thing that will stop you from progressing is if you don't want it yourself.
Pros
Training & Advancement
Cons
Awesome place to work. Great pay and great benefits. Good training on forklift, cranes, shipping and receiving, logistics. Great bonus system and 401k.
If you don’t kiss up then they don’t want you. It’s very difficult moving up with this company especially if you are in packaging. They let shift leader curse employees out with no reprecussions.
It hs been too long for me to remember much. It was a very organized place with good people. I left to take a better job. It was an amicable departure.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
buen ambiente, buenos compañeros, excelente compañia
Working at Outokumpu has been a great learning experience. The benefits they offer are great and competitive with other companies in the surrounding area.
Very good benefits for the family that you can get with a company but you can't trust the ones you work with because they will use you for their own beneficiary gain
Great work life balance just a really long drive to get to work every day. Management was very welcoming, and truly concerned about your work life balance as well.
Ok place to work for. The pay wasn’t bad, but there was some things you have to overcome . I wouldn’t say I wouldn’t recommend this place as I guess everyone finds their place in a company
Great Benefits. Good Salary. Great team members are the most enjoyable aspects of the job. The hardest parts of the job are the long hour and rotating shifts..
Okay place to work pay is competitive and benefits is great, work culture isnt the best there pay raises is once a year for the cost living and then there is jo set time period for a raise threw out the year
Good people , fast paced / somewhat dangerous environment .
Team effort for the most part and good leaders /management .

You need to be a TEAM player.
Pros
Excellant pay and benefits
Cons
A little short handed at times.
Outokumpu is a good job. Poor management and lack of promotion is the reason I’m looking for other jobs. Also at times things get slow and we may have a lot of down time because we don’t have orders. But with better management and more customers it could be a really good job.
great benefits as well good pay but not alot of time off and hrdly had any time with my family. then my mother fell ill with cancer so i was placed on fmla to assist in her care and after 6 years of loyalty to the company i was terminated due to not wearing ear plugs which were not available at the time.
Enjoy working here, needs to refresh some managment other than that good job. Benefits are really good, also the work is feast or femin at times!Worth the time.
This company only enforces safety procedures when it suits them. Depending on the day of the week, if corners can be cut without any major incidents they are all for it.
Busy open environment. A lot of interaction with other business units/functions. Things don't get communicated using the proper channels. Not enough interaction with team members on the production floor.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No opportunities for advacement
I trained 18 offshore resources for 9 weeks at night to only be laid off. My salary was more than all of theirs combined, but my subject matter knowledge was miles ahead of the offshore contingent. Bad blood and bitterness is all I have to say about them.
Pros
Not many pros except for the bonus around Xmas time
Cons
Replaced by amateurs
It used to be a great place to work. Evidently, their solution to Health and Safety concerns is to Terminate the employee for attendance points that aren't accurate.
Management is a weak link here. They seem like they enjoyed conflict among coworkers. Didn't want to step in when there was a problem. Work was not consistent from day to day.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outokumpu Stainless. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
1.3Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Outokumpu Stainless Reviews by Location