Outokumpu Stainless Employee Reviews in Calvert, AL
Calvert, AL53 reviews
Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 70 reviews
Indeed Featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including holidays and weekends and be able to switch between day shift and night shift every two weeks. They offer a very good medical dental and vision plan plus 401K match!
A great place for advancement and opportunities. Outokumpu Calvert Laboratory has a great cross training and progression program. This is no place to be stagnant. Team members are encouraged to progress and develop their skills. There's a systematic approach to the training of Laboratory Technicians from the time you start as an entry tech up to being able to lead a shift. The only thing that will stop you from progressing is if you don't want it yourself.
Training & Advancement
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great work life balance just a really long drive to get to work every day. Management was very welcoming, and truly concerned about your work life balance as well.
Help us improve!
Is Indeed your favorite place to learn about companies?
Outokumpu is a good job. Poor management and lack of promotion is the reason I’m looking for other jobs. Also at times things get slow and we may have a lot of down time because we don’t have orders. But with better management and more customers it could be a really good job.
great benefits as well good pay but not alot of time off and hrdly had any time with my family. then my mother fell ill with cancer so i was placed on fmla to assist in her care and after 6 years of loyalty to the company i was terminated due to not wearing ear plugs which were not available at the time.
Busy open environment. A lot of interaction with other business units/functions. Things don't get communicated using the proper channels. Not enough interaction with team members on the production floor.
Flexible work schedule
No opportunities for advacement
IT - wise. This place is horrible. They outsourced most of their IT jobs to and Indian offshore company, Wipro, who is very biased toward Offshore
I trained 18 offshore resources for 9 weeks at night to only be laid off. My salary was more than all of theirs combined, but my subject matter knowledge was miles ahead of the offshore contingent. Bad blood and bitterness is all I have to say about them.
Not many pros except for the bonus around Xmas time
Replaced by amateurs
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outokumpu Stainless. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 70 reviews
Ratings by category
Ratings from women
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Questions about Outokumpu Stainless
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at Outokumpu Stainless?3 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Outokumpu Stainless?2 people answered
- What is the assessment test based on? What kind of questions is on it?2 people answered
- What benefits does Outokumpu Stainless offer?2 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Outokumpu Stainless?2 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Outokumpu Stainless?One person answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Outokumpu Stainless?One person answered
- What’s the schedule at Outokumpu? Are you paid every week or bi-weekly?
- About how many employees work at the Calvert AL location?
See all questions and answers