Outpatient Physical Therapy

Outpatient Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

United States24 reviews
good people to work with, very engaging and helpful to teach people with little experience. Willing to help people with no experience and help them to attain good, relevant, hands on experience.
Communication with management and training for admin support is spotty and inadequate. There is a big difference between therapist and admin culture, reception staff are treated as an afterthought. HR staff are unreliable once hired.
Therapy staff are wonderful and conscientious. Patients are great.
OPTs culture and patient care model gives me the chance to best serve my patients and be the clinician I want to be. I feel supported by my managers and coworkers and have fun at work. Great company culture.
Working at OPT is awesome! The work day is ever changing and you are challenged with your skill as a massage therapist with the variety of patients that you will see. Management is great they all want to work with you as you learn your way around OPT, the culture is one of fun as well as helping the patients move forward from their injuries.
Clinic culture is very fun and patients are a part of the "family." Company works to connect to the communities that they serve. Employees have opportunities to follow their passions.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The owners at Outpatient Physical Therapy (OPT) care about their employees. They are constantly looking for ways to enhance the company culture and help employees grow personally and professionally.

I'd highly recommend OPT to any person looking to work in the medical industry.
Outpatient Physical Therapy is a wonderful company to work for as a therapist. Scheduling of patients allows for needed time to complete treatments and build both rapport and relationship with them. The company places emphasis on expanding knowledge base and offers a variety of ways to do so through residency, certifications and continuing education. There is a continued availability for growth within the company and they are willing to all for changes in days, hours and location of work.
I have experienced working at four of our clinics as a massage therapist and have had great clinic managers at each one. As a whole, they do their best to create a schedule that meets the clinic as well as the employee's needs. OPT works hard to create relationships with the employees outside of work by providing opportunities to attend fun events as well as volunteer events within the communities of the King and Pierce county areas. I have seen a large array of patients which keeps things interesting so If your are looking to work in a clinical setting as a massage therapist OPT is a great place to do so.
Great place to work, supportive owners and managers, care model that allows more time working 1 on 1 with patients. Great to work with other board certified PT's.
Outpatient Physical Therapy is a great place to work. All the staff members are really friendly and made me feel at home since I started on my first day. This is a great company to work for and learn from if you are looking to go in the physical therapy field.
Outpatient Physical Therapy is a great place to work. The environment is fun, encouraging, and caring. The culture here is all about the patients and how we can better serve them.
Outpatient Physical Therapy is a great place to grow and work as a physical therapist! They are passionate about education and specialization, and genuinely care about patient's outcomes. I have worked for this company for over three years now and have seen it change for the better with excellent communication between the leadership teams and the staff therapists. The owners are very open and responsive to ideas from all staff members and actually encourage change. Working in teams allows us to collaborate and treat patients more effectively improving our outcomes as well as patient satisfaction. Also, I love the networking between each of the clinics which creates the opportunity to meet and learn from people with many different backgrounds. OPT was an awesome place to start my career and has grown into a community I can't imagine leaving.
OPT has a great culture and many opportunities to grow within the company. They also offer a lot of fun community activities and employee events throughout the year. Highly recommended!
A typical work day at the front desk consists of working as a team with the patients, therapists, referring physicians, and insurance companies to make sure we are giving the best care and are doing the most we can to get the patient better. That includes scheduling patients, collecting payment, getting authorization from insurance companies for patients treatment. This job is very detail oriented and can be very busy/stressful at times. The insurance world is always changing so you will constantly be learning. The best part of this job is seeing the patients get better and establishing a relationship with them! Extremely rewarding! I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with insurances. There are a lot of insurance companies out there and you will need to learn the in's and out's of all of them. You get the hang of it after a couple months but this job isn't just checking in patients and collecting co-pay's. There is a lot more.
I was fortunate enough to join this company right out of school and cannot imagine what it would be like working for another one. I have had countless opportunities to grow and learn whether it be continuing education to advance my patient skills or advancing within the company infrastructure. It has been an amazing place to learn in a supportive environment with great people surrounding you. You also do not feel like just another "number" in this company where your voice can be heard if you want it to be including directly to the owners. I genuinely believe we are a patient centered company where their experience and recovery are top priorities. We get to provide one on one care for an extended period of time to make sure they also feel important when they are here. I would highly recommend working for OPT.
The environment at OPT is welcoming, energetic and my co-workers feel like friends! Physical therapy can be a hard job but I receive a lot of support from those I work with and I enjoy what I do!
Outpatient Physical Therapy is a great company to work for as a health care provider. I enjoy knowing that the owners and leadership of the company support their employees and strive to ensure that high quality care is provided to their patients.
Overall I enjoy working here. The owner is great and open about feedback. I feel valued here as an employee. The only downfall is that I feel like at my position, there isn't much room for advancement. My coworkers are great and I owe that to the company!
They hire on right out of school. Promise education and then you're stuck with a contract. Beware. Amazon of PT. Will work you to the bone. If you want work life balance this is not the place. If you want low pay and others who are new to the industry to bumble around and learn with, then... Aok.
Workplace culture is the biggest thing that stands out. The clinicians that work for this company and the culture that is embodied by them all is what sets them aside from others. My co-workers were the best part about the job and I enjoyed coming to work alongside them every day.
Pros
Great teaching environment, lots of growth as an aspiring DPT
Cons
Lower salary
Working at OPT gave me the opportunity to learn many skills. Our teams interactions were that compared to family members. Our coworkers made coming to work enjoyable. There was a lot to learn and learning was an asset to my personal skill-set.
Pros
Benefits, Environment