Outwest Express

Outwest Express Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
This is a good place to work if you’re willing to do your job. If you are lazy and want everything done for you and can’t figure out how to do your job without a babysitter, keep looking.
There are no perfect trucking companies out there. Every single one has it’s issues.

This one works for me. I get home when I want, take my vacations when I want, and make a good salary . My secret?? Keep the left door closed.
Pay is not good and miles are not goodthey don’t care about you as a driver. Just do what they say and don’t question things. And don’t even think about getting home when you want to. If you want to be home on a Monday make sure you ask to be home Friday that way you might actually make it home.
Don’t waste your time applying. They will lie to you just to get you in the door. 30 empty trucks on the lot should be a hint.
Cons
Not sure how long this company will remain in business. It is a sinking ship with management that is not interested in helping you succeed.

Lots of harassment happens here too. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
The hours aren't terrible
Cons
Management, threat of losing our jobs.
Best company I've ever worked for, always concerned for their drivers and very helpful on getting you what you need .
The company has a family type atmosphere and responsive dispatchers, I would return to work for them at any ti.e.
I applied with this company and was completely honest about my driving career and myself. They never ran any reports of any kind as I asked for copies of all that trucking companies have to run to hire a driver. They haven't run one report but denied me employment.
Pros
Cons
All and everything and hiring manager
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great company to work for, great amount of miles available. You will always find someone at their offices when you call days or nights. Maintenance is always on point with the equipment.
Very unorganized. No care for the drivers. Nothing but broker loads. Don't get you home in time for home time. Would not send anybody there ro qork at all
I started to drive for them as an over the road driver. Last year I got sick because I cached a virus somewhere in Oregon or California. When i got back to work after 4 month they helped me by giving me a local driver position. This helped me with my recovery.
I only quit with them to get a higher paying job to be able to pay all my medical bills. if it was not for that I would still be working for them.
Like the fact that they have multiple yards throughout the Unites States. The majority of the loads are drop and hook and the equipment is pretty new.
Cons
Dispatch personnel need to work together instead of against each other
They keep you running, and they will deadhead you home if need be. My pay has always been right, they keep buying new trucks and trailers too, no junk here. I told dispatch that everytime they send me to Nestle in Dallas, I have to wait for 4 or 5. Hours then get stuck there. They quit sending me!
Pros
Good dispatch and equipment
Cons
CPM needs to be bumped up
Is a good environment but the lack of raises and not enough pay for the things we do, they don't appreciate the effort of the work area and they try to push you down to stay in that place until they get you tire and make you quit
Typical day at work was to pick up and deliver freight merchandise. My job was to make sure everything was delivered on time and that everything was picked up on schedule.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
If this company worked as hard trying to make driver's money as they do at trying to pay a driver as little as possible , a driver might be able to pay his bills. Stay away from this company!!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Low miles and low pay...if you like working for free this is the company for you!
never would answer the phone or messaging system we had poorly communication pay was not good other people in the company complaining about all the same
Outwest Express LLC is a very competitive employer and is only getting bigger and better every day. This company does not only see you as another number behind the wheel. They emphasis the importance of being with family as much as possible and go above and beyond to make this possible. I would never see myself working for any other employer in this industry.
I overall enjoyed my time there beside having to deal with poor management and no raises. Company treated me decent but at the end of the day you are just an employee.
Pros
Free meals every so often, christmas parties, and employee birthday celebrations
Cons
No raises, work overtime with no compensation
Great managers and leadership, as a CSR- responsible to track loads and provide feedback to customers on a daily and timely manner. Good hours and awesome owners.
professional atmosphere and much room for advancement the pay is competitive and they keep you moving the comply with all DOT regulations they are elog ready as well
A real good place to work for,great trucks and trailers,not for speed demons,trucks run 67 mph,i would still be working there,but 30 yrs on the road is and was a good career,I decided to retire early to take care of my disabled wife....
Pros
Good maintenace on trucks and trailers
Cons
401k, health benefits
Bad Dispatch alot of profanity on there radio everyone here's it when you are at clients for pick up very low wage for the work you do 12 to 14 hrs they lie about not working Sundays they make u do relays at midnight and still do pick up and delivery stay away from here only good about this is The Rercuiter .
Cons
There is NOTHING positive about this company at all. Insurance is outrageous, HR is a joke, no detention pay, no breakdown pay. Just a terrible company to be associated with.