Ovation Travel Group

Ovation Travel Group Employee Reviews

United States26 reviews
ovation is a good place to work if your passion is travel and assisting clients. They provide an atmosphere that is not conducive for growth. It would’ve been great if ovation provided equal opportunity for employees to grow but this is seldomly the case. Ovation can be great company to work for if they truly value their employees
Management did not support the staff very well.
Managers did not support the Account Managers - a lot of favoritism.

Lots of hard work no reward not ,much appreciation..
Unfortunately other than the pay this company employs the most unfair people I strongly suggest thinking about working for someone who favors others at the same level and that always leads with negative intent. Good luck if you decide to work for them. Poor leadership and major favoritism!
Unfortunately other than the pay this company employs the most unfair people I have ever worked for in my 25 year career to date. I strongly suggest thinking about working for someone who favors others at the same level and that always leads with negative intent. Honestly, the only thing keeping me from leaving this company is my salary - otherwise I would have been gone long ago!!! Good luck if you decide to work for them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor leadership and major favoritism
The desk I was hired to work on became dysfunctional causing an 'us versus them' mentality between associates who owned their accounts and the all assist swing shift and after hours associates assigned to support them. Many accounts had VIP travelers unhappy and leaving the desk while other accounts were on 'code red'.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
It is a great place to work. Everyone in the company are very nice. They are very understanding when there is an emergency. The benefits are excellent plus they match the 401K
There’s no structure nor support. There’s hardly any clients to assist. No system set in place for growth it’s very stagnant and outdated. The company needs a complete turnaround with more diversity, uplifting culture, and younger workers to collaborate fresh and innovative ideas. I don’t see much of an innovative future there. There’s potential but it may take a while for this company to keep up with trends. I’m hoping it’ll work out. Ill update my review if so.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lack of vision and structure
Best company I have ever worked for. Family oriented very understanding of emergency's. Managers and supervisors are easy to talk to and helpful.No back to back calls.
Pros
Aetna HSA
Ovation was a good place to work until they decide you're no longer needed or wanted there. I was there for almost a decade and never had any issues with HR or write ups of any kind. Made one error and was done.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
like alot of places it's who you know NOT what you know;
My experience at Ovation has been great. The managers are very supportive and they really try to accommodate staff especially in unforeseen situations that require decisions outside of the normal procedures.
Pros
quartely incentives, ; option of working from home
Cons
salary
When I started at Ovation it was a smaller company with a mon and pop sensibility. As it grew bigger, the culture changed. Managers had their favorites, and colleagues were encouraged to tattle on each other. The time off policy was Neanderthal. There were no sick days and one was supposed to use ones personal days for sick days. The catch was that you were marked down on your evaluation for unplanned sick days.

About 30 employees a year were treated like royalty for 4 days at the annual HIP trip. But the other 361 days you were treated like indentured servants and constantly told you were not as important as the clients you were servicing.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
no breaks, poor time off policy, shifts, constant changes in computer programs
Unable to make independent decisions. Lack of proper training for employees moving from different internal accounts, thus exposing employee and company to potential monetary liabilities. There is too much managerial overlay in areas where not necessary. Management do not spend enough time to find out what is involved in certain parts of the operation and do not support agents enough in cases of customer complaints and resolution.
Pros
2 free tickets for travel after 2 years employment
Cons
Company neds more pro active approach to mid-office routine programming
Each day brought on new procedures which in return caused more work and chaos to the everyday task. Hardest part was not knowing what you were walking into on any given day.
Pros
Clients
Cons
I am a virtual member from staff operating out of my home office. There is always room for growth and to learn something new. Management style is one of communication and team work.
The job involves reconciliation of credit card sales, in a fast paced environment with weekly deadlines to meet.
Pros
free lunches and goodies, quarterly financial incentives
Cons
healthcare costs
Had a wonderful experience didn't want to leave, company policy on errors or debits should be better defined with concrete discipline steps. Not a comfortable situation when all it takes is one and there goes your job
Pros
Virtual overall helpful and friendly staff
Cons
No defined corrective procedures
Management turns it's travel counsellors into professional jugglers handling numerous client accounts. Counsellors are micro-managed overworked under constant stress and set up to fail.
Pros
Hour lunch and good salary
Cons
Work life balance lacking and micro-managed
answering calls to assist mostly customers who should be contacting their day offices and leaving customers who were in travel or needed immediate travel to wait.
I have found the management to be very helpful as well as my team members who always assist me when I need help. I find the current employees to have a great attitude and the work flow is at a steady pace. If it gets too crazy, you can ask for help and receive it from your co-workers assigned to the same account.
Pros
Pay, Training, Pay for Internet, Benefits are Decent
Cons
2, 000 healcare Aetna deductible, all phone calls are recorded and monitored
Very flexibly to work in office or at home. Very supportive Ops team.
Need to promote more management training programs. Room for career advancement is limited.
Pros
Free travel twice yearly
Cons
Healthcare and other benefits
I'm very fond of the owners as people, and the fact that they care very much about their employees. The company has been steadily growing and is now faced with great challenges in response to a changing industry.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Uncertain future of the industry
In short, you are set up to fail. Management is quite cliqush*...a few accounts in jeopardy of being lost..Juggling of placement on accounts
Pros
Pay scale is quite decent
Cons
Micro managed even if you are a senior level agent.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ovation Travel Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7