Overhead Door Corporation Employee Reviews

Toxic atmosphere. Unqualified and incompetent supervisors
Roll Form Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Mt. Hope, OHMarch 8, 2019
I was looking for a lateral or vertical move from the leadership position at my old job, and was led by the interviewing supervisor to believe that I would move into one “as soon as something came open.” During the period of my 2-weeks notice, I was called and told the job was changed, but that it would pay better, but he couldn’t tell me any more until I started. I was fed nothing but lies and empty promises and had a job barely above a janitor. The supervisor was always poor at communicating any sort of change in the work schedule. Turnover is high and morale is low. There are no raises or bonuses. You can only make more if you’re in a job where you’re able to learn more than one area, but that is at the supervisor’s discretion. Mine, would tell you that you would get trained on something else and make more money, but the he would put you off. This lasted almost a year until I found a leadership position somewhere else. STAY AWAY FROM THE TRACK AND ROLL FORMING DEPARTMENTS!!!

Oh, yeah, and the supervisor will let certain leadership coast by with infraction after infraction, while he will fire another person for much less. In the first two months of this year, a group leader committed a safety infraction (which was far from his first), used up all off his personal time, and most of his vacation, and still found ways to bargain with the supervisor to get out of working certain days, while others were held strictly to policies and schedules.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Don’t look to make much of yourself there, Hours can be ridiculously long to ridiculously short without much warning, Supervisors are unprofessional.
Terrible management in the Lawton district
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 27, 2019
When I applied for the job it was up to 25 an hour, full benefits and the whole 9 yards. Took the job and for 2 years The uniforms were just shirts, the company trucks have to be returned at the end of the day and they have to be washed out of your own pockets. The owner would rather sit at home and drink or go to the bar rather than order parts or inventory so customers aren’t waiting months at a time for a opener or full door or even show up to the office. The Lawton overhead door has a lot of work to be done management wise. Oh if you do apply just wait for your interview to be rescheduled a couple times cause the owner doesn’t have time for you or “is out of town”, and if you’re young they won’t hire you or don’t have a family and the owner is slightly discriminative against anyone that isn’t white. There is two good door techs that will help you out and train you. Their real good at their jobs but management is just terrible, and when you turn in your time sheet make sure to take a picture of it cause their pretty shady about that too.
Cons
Super poor company to work for
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Absolutely the worst experience working in my life. DO NOT WORK IN THE IT DEPARTMENT HERE. Management is horrible, will abuse, threaten and yell at you on a daily basis. There is nothing good to say about this company. In my 1 year there 5 people quit in a department of 13 people all for the same reason....management.

AGAIN stay away
This is right on point
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHFebruary 12, 2019
Management don't care about employees and when senior people leave they don't even come ask why and say we can just replace he/ her union shop but not union friendly and employees cry about everything but don't help to change
Pros
Good hours
Cons
sales center active and good employes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blacklick, OHFebruary 4, 2019
daily work can be good or trying depending on the customers.
dealing with all peoples from different backgrounds all for the common goal can be rewarding and difficult all in the same transaction
Pros
freedom if daily tasks
Cons
lunch could be missed depending on work flow
managment was never understanding
Door Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Garden Cty, GAJanuary 3, 2019
after being there for as long as I was they kept me at the same pay that they started me at and there were new guys that had just started that were getting paid more than I was
Nice
Garage Door Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 17, 2018
Nice to work for. Honestly I am really just trying to fill this out so I can look for the jobs on the company page don't really want to comment on working for this particular company it was nice while I did work there there was some ups and downs that I would much rather not actually get into but at this point I have learned how to let bygones be bygones and we can move forward so I would like to use this particular app to look for other jobs that is not in this specific field of work.
Terrific place to work
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 24, 2018
A committed company, strong leadership, and great people make Overhead Door a terrific place to work. The company provided lots of opportunity to grow and if you one to go out and get it, promotional opportunity is abundant.
Enjoyed the people
Helper/Installer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2018
Worked with career employees that had been there for years. Great work atmosphere very knowledgeable employees. If you love working early morning and having a normal work week this place is perfect.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 14, 2018
The expectation is high but everyone has fun while getting the job done. As long as you stay on top of tasks and show effort, the opportunities are endless.
Good
Commercial Garage door service and installer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 14, 2018
Working at overhead doors no different than working at any other door company you are expected to show up take care of the customer in a timely fashion.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not enough money
Bookkeeper/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 9, 2018
Keep in mind this was when the company was on 8th avenue SE in Cedar Rapids several years ago. Not familiar with current management or work conditions.
very stressful , favortism
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAOctober 28, 2018
job is very stressful. favoritism is high.. almost like high school with the drama and all. there are is no advancement. management don't know how to run a work place.
Great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 12, 2018
Good place to work provided for my family well for many years, benefit package great, good benefits, good people, good working environment, good moral, good procedures, good, good, good, good, good, good,
Factory work
Section assembly (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 2, 2018
I worked for Overhead Door 2000 to 2005. IT IS FAST PACED NUMBER ONE GARAGE DOOR MADE HERE IN WILLIAMSPORT PA. AS of now they Bought out other companies There future is Good I had fun met a lot of People I worked Hard Got sick and had to Leave I would Recommend this Company Again GREAT PRODUCT
Lots of hours
Finance - Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, OHSeptember 28, 2018
Short staffed, debilitating system issues, not as customer focused in some areas, process improvement program would be GREAT, consistent processes would work wonders across the corporation
Pros
On-Site Gym
Cons
No time to work on development
They’re great company, but this job was not for me
Garage Door Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 12, 2018
It was okay at first, if you’re use to paint fumes and dust debris all over while working I’d work here 12$ an hour with raises depending on things. Owner is very cool and funny to joke around with but just relax and do your work and there is no problems
Pros
1 hour lunch, 2 smoke breaks, Bluetooth speaker setup for music inside warehouse
Cons
Relaxed environment
Stressful
Lead spray painter (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Very stressful, somebody always trying to get one another in trouble. Hardest part of the job was getting a helper to wipe an prep the surfaces of the doors. I did everything by myself for 9 months before I got a helper.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Stressful
Ok
Door Technician (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 28, 2018
Work crazy hours all the time. Must have a can do attitude to work here. Was a good place to work but little room for advancement. Winter months always at work little time for home life.
Good place to work, training team and supervisors were excellent
Advanced Customer Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 17, 2018
For working in a call center, this place provided an excellent experience. The employees were decent overall and the training program was excellent. They make sure you know their product before sending you out into the call center to train with an experienced customer service rep to assist callers. The shifts are reasonable, and they do afford opportunities for overtime. They also make sure to give you feedback if a customer calls or emails about their experience with you, good or bad.
Pros
Excellent training, opportunities for overtime, 3 different shifts available
Cons
Not a place you want to work if you like to get up and move around often, it is a call center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overhead Door Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight