Overhead Door Corporation

United States341 reviews

A welcomed challenge

Featured review

Overhead Door Corporation selected this as a representative review
Being asked to lead a workforce of 34 veteran Overhead Door installers was daunting but the accepted challenge paid off with great personal dividends. The increase of my soft skills made my hard skills that much more valuable.

Work 6 days a week with no benefits and cameras watching your every move

There are no benefits to working here, I have to work 6 days a week to get my 40 hours but no one else has had to. There are no sick days, so if you have COVID for 2 weeks well, rent doesn't get paid. Management is demanding and inconsistent. Owners aren't on the same page. The office is full of drama.

Overhead Door Corporation insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Don't bother

It really is not worth the stress most days going in. Turnover rates are through the roof. That should be enough to describe the work culture. The benefits are horrible compared to other companies of the same size. If you have no life or family you should be fine, otherwise its just another job.

Cons

Health Insurance is horrible, no work/life balance

Don't do it

Underpaid and overworked. Don't work here. Paid by the day and work way more than 8hrs a day. Comes out to just barely over minimum wage. Would not recommend

Pride in Manufacturing

Here at Overhead door the associates, planning and management work together to manufacture a top of the line product. We are agile and flexible when it comes to the customers needs. Everyone here is helpful and caring. This is by far one of the best companies I have worked for.

Pros

Four ten hours shifts

Horrible place to work

Many great people work here and have worked here for a long time. New management team is horrible no idea what they are doing causing long hours and no work life balance. Utter chaos throughout the work day, Nobody's opinion is heard as management team knows everything, LOL. If your not part of the "Yes" crew you will get let go. Don't waste your time working here unless you just want to live here and have no life and no input or satisfaction from your job.

Goof place so far

Not many complaints at all. Been good so far so well see how that ends up as time begins to go by. Once you're done with training and relatively capable then you'll get a vehicle to dive.

Excellent experience at Overhead Door Company.

Exceptional experience at Overhead Door Company. Great place to work at. I highly recommend this place to everyone. A very safe place to work at. Overall a five star company.

Terrible employer

Only way to advance is being related to or sucking up to management. Management will ridicule you and punish you for things that are out of your control especially if it covers their own mistakes

Pros

Gives you a pay check

Cons

You have to work at ohd

Great coworkers but overall terrible place to work as you get treated like trash.

You will not get fired from the company but there is zero opportunity for advancement in the company so plan on staying in the position they hire you at. Management was terrible and on multiple occasions seen them treat other employees and myself very disrespectfully. Overall, the work and coworkers were great, but management treated every employee like a piece of trash. Lastly, you are expected to finish jobs in half the time that they are supposed to take but with absolutely zero mistakes.

Pros

Coworkers Realistically easy work

Cons

Management Flexibility Expectations

People

Still room for improvement. Lots of micro managers and clock watchers. Not flexible about working remote. Low cube seating with open area that is used to monitor staff. Very loud and distracting.Pay is 10-20% lower than market.Not much room to move up.Often doing 25-40% more work than assigned.No training program.High turnover.

Pros

People

Cons

Low pay, micro managers

Is a place for games to have fun i was there to do my job building garage doors installed

I was thr helper to Installer for garage doors and installed remote control door with sensors for emergency wear the remote control door was closing and had a sensor that would go back up In case something cross under the door y it was closing so no one could get hurt and no emergency calls for the family like kids or animals this was my first job in the 90 so I know now lots things have changed since so many technology has changed up.

Pros

Some days

Cons

30 minutes brake get to the job sites and do my job

Terrible

Worst company I’ve ever worked for. None of the promises made were promises that were actually follow through with. You have to pay for all of your own materials and gas. Complete waste of time.

Pros

Cons

No support

The people

It’s not a great place to work. They make up rules as they go. It’s very disgusting actually. HR is a revolving door, and care nothing about the employees.

Pros

Clocking out.

Cons

The friends you make

It was an ok place. the particular place I worked at is no longer around as far as I know. pay wasn't any good but you could work as many hours as you wanted. management was ok I guess

Very poorly run

Management sucks! Lots of favoritism especially if you sleep with the management. They run all the good workers off and keep the ones who just stand around. Mostly the older people doing all the work. The young ones just horseplay.

If you like money the place to be

If you like money it's place to be. hourly is good the shift differential is 1.50 an hour . Get a better work life than in the past 50 hours 1 week 58 hours the next week Monday-- Friday and every other Saturday . Management isn't the best but I've seen and work for worst...Some times they pay you just to stand around or sweep the floor .

Pros

Shift differential

Cons

Out in middle of nowhere

It pays

It’s not a bad place to work. It’s really boring work. You will live there. The overtime really softens the blow of being there all the time but don’t ever expect a raise.

Great start

It was a great starter position for customer service. I gained knowledge about garage units that was mostly self taught due to the short training. Overall an ok job

Pros

Free lunch sometimes, encouraging management

Cons

Metrics are ridiculous to meet

Superior management ie: non family oriented and loves to belittle any individual he can because he has a complex derived from childhood.

Work place is very controversial and a terrible place to work for if you have family. Say they are a family company but yet all management has no family and doesn’t care about you or your family

Fun

Great place and everyone wants you to succeed and help you do so. I've been an employee for 2 months and havent had a bad taste yet. I hope to retire here.

Pros

Seeing new places often

Cons

Sometimes long day but the pay to back it up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overhead Door Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits