Overhead Door Corporation Employee Reviews

Company Closed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 7, 2018
This company closed many years ago & again, I do not like Indeed making me do this survey. There is nothing more to say about this company and to have a 150 character minimum is terrible
Terrific place to work
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 24, 2018
A committed company, strong leadership, and great people make Overhead Door a terrific place to work. The company provided lots of opportunity to grow and if you one to go out and get it, promotional opportunity is abundant.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 14, 2018
The expectation is high but everyone has fun while getting the job done. As long as you stay on top of tasks and show effort, the opportunities are endless.
Good
Commercial Garage door service and installer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 14, 2018
Working at overhead doors no different than working at any other door company you are expected to show up take care of the customer in a timely fashion.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not enough money
Bookkeeper/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 9, 2018
Keep in mind this was when the company was on 8th avenue SE in Cedar Rapids several years ago. Not familiar with current management or work conditions.
very stressful , favortism
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAOctober 28, 2018
job is very stressful. favoritism is high.. almost like high school with the drama and all. there are is no advancement. management don't know how to run a work place.
Great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 12, 2018
Good place to work provided for my family well for many years, benefit package great, good benefits, good people, good working environment, good moral, good procedures, good, good, good, good, good, good,
Factory work
Section assembly (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 2, 2018
I worked for Overhead Door 2000 to 2005. IT IS FAST PACED NUMBER ONE GARAGE DOOR MADE HERE IN WILLIAMSPORT PA. AS of now they Bought out other companies There future is Good I had fun met a lot of People I worked Hard Got sick and had to Leave I would Recommend this Company Again GREAT PRODUCT
Lots of hours
Finance - Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, OHSeptember 28, 2018
Short staffed, debilitating system issues, not as customer focused in some areas, process improvement program would be GREAT, consistent processes would work wonders across the corporation
Pros
On-Site Gym
Cons
No time to work on development
They’re great company, but this job was not for me
Garage Door Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 12, 2018
It was okay at first, if you’re use to paint fumes and dust debris all over while working I’d work here 12$ an hour with raises depending on things. Owner is very cool and funny to joke around with but just relax and do your work and there is no problems
Pros
1 hour lunch, 2 smoke breaks, Bluetooth speaker setup for music inside warehouse
Cons
Relaxed environment
Stressful
Lead spray painter (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Very stressful, somebody always trying to get one another in trouble. Hardest part of the job was getting a helper to wipe an prep the surfaces of the doors. I did everything by myself for 9 months before I got a helper.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Stressful
Ok
Door Technician (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 28, 2018
Work crazy hours all the time. Must have a can do attitude to work here. Was a good place to work but little room for advancement. Winter months always at work little time for home life.
Good place to work, training team and supervisors were excellent
Advanced Customer Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 17, 2018
For working in a call center, this place provided an excellent experience. The employees were decent overall and the training program was excellent. They make sure you know their product before sending you out into the call center to train with an experienced customer service rep to assist callers. The shifts are reasonable, and they do afford opportunities for overtime. They also make sure to give you feedback if a customer calls or emails about their experience with you, good or bad.
Pros
Excellent training, opportunities for overtime, 3 different shifts available
Cons
Not a place you want to work if you like to get up and move around often, it is a call center
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 16, 2018
Fast pace, productive, extremely stressful. must be knowledgeable must be able to grasp information fast and willing to keep track of all information.
Fun workplace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, OHJuly 13, 2018
My day starts around 5am and it doesn’t slow down until 5pm when I’m clocking out. It’s not stop but makes the time go by very fast. Everyone is welcoming and always willing to help
Pros
4 breaks
Cons
it got easy once you knew your job
Garage Door Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJuly 10, 2018
there was placement moving around between residential and commercial to keep you busy....sometime long hours and hard jobs working alone....you had to collect the bill and write it up for all your jobs
Pros
it was close to where i live
Cons
traffic going from job to job
Got to do a job to make my boss look good!
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Conneaut, OHJune 29, 2018
Place was the worst job! Managers suck at doing there job, I did there job for 14 years and got passed up for a job so did people on the floor and they gave it to a kid out of college with no skills.
The non related employees carry the load.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 29, 2018
Privately owned company, the hardest part of my job was working for a rude micromanaging Supervisor who had no formal education or expereince for her position, office etiquette was non existing.
Pros
Get paid through lunch while you continue to work at your desk.
Cons
No room for improvement and pay rates had a ceiling, no matter how long you worked there.
Great guys
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 21, 2018
These are good ol boys and are super nice and friendly. Taught me everything I know and have never had a bad experience with anyone at this place. Lots of fun and yet hard working crew. I miss these guys.
Pros
Fair and friendly
Cons
not the highest paying door company
Versatile and respectable.
Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Folcroft, PAJune 21, 2018
This company was by far my favorite to work for. My superiors were kind and caring. The coworkers were top notch though there was one I never really got a long with. No one got along with, really. If I could go back and do things differently so I could retain my job there, I would.
Pros
Easy going, easy to work for.
Cons
long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overhead Door Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight