Overlake Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast pace friendly environment
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 11, 2018
Typical day at work: checking in patients answering calls and scheduling patients. Sending and receiving medical records for providers. starting prior authorizations for physical therapy and provider visits. learning something new everyday. I have learned how to use EPIC and ARIA which are 2 EMR systems used throughout the hospital. Culture here is do diverse. Most enjoyable is seeing the faces of patients when you go above and beyond for them. Helping out a fellow coworker.
Wonderful community
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 29, 2018
Overlake provides a wonderful community where staff can grow and advance in their practice. As an RN and as a former PCT I always felt well supported by coworkers and management.
Good people to work with
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 30, 2018
Working at Overlake has been great. The benefits are ok but could be improved. The people is why everyone stays, they are good people. I also have a great schedule so it allows me to have a home life.
Excellant place to work ..better benefits than most...
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 27, 2018
20 years ago Overlake was much smaller...seemed like every nurse knew each other and supported each other...As usual it was hactic on the med surg floor... too many changes too fast....
It was an OK place to work
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 27, 2018
Clinic director should be changed to someone who is nice to work with. Someone who actually listens to the employees and believes in them. This place needs to learn to value good people.
One Unit's Manager
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 19, 2018
The manager of the medical floor was a bully towards the staff she didn't like and favored the ones she did. I became lax with getting to know the new people because they don't last -probably because the manager and a per diem nurse friend doing the interviewing. Thankfully, I was not one of the staff on that unit but I interacted with staff who did work there. The other units I worked on were great.
Supportive, educational workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 14, 2018
Incredibly supportive staff and management who truly care for their employees. I am seeking advancement and have had so many people help me learn and continue my education with management checking in often to offer support. I enjoy working here
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Can be a stressful environment
Respected and team oriented
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 9, 2018
My job consists of coordinating the unit for an efficient and caring medical unit. My environment is surrounded by people that are working together for the best outcomes for our patients and their families. Although the nature of working in a critical care area is stressful, it is complimented by individual nurses, managers, therapists, doctors, and janitors. We all take responcibility to do our best and are respected for our positions.
Pros
Team players, professional environment
Cons
Lack of promotion, hours have been cut, stressful
It is a nice place with great people.
ICU RN, Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse, Cardiovascular (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 1, 2018
After working here 10+ years, I know it is a great place to work but there is a lot of turn over and it gets difficult. Don't always think that upper management has the floor nurses in mind when they make decisions.
Pros
Co-workers
Great benefits
MEDICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 27, 2018
Good place to work. Good pay. Fellow employees helpful in teaching how to do things per hospital policy. Management was great as they promoted cross training for those who wanted it.
Low pay, high stress
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 23, 2018
Lets be honest, if your a lab assistant you wont be moving up in the medical field without an advance degree. That is anywhere you work so dont expect advancement. That being said Overlake will work you until you submit with frustration. Honestly, I would never be a patient here despite the semi free hospital stay given under benefits. Full time lab Assitants are trained in several different areas often times you are doing the job of 4 people for very low pay. At other places you can make 14 to 15 just doing phlebotomy alone. This place is cheap and they will get their money out of their employees. It is chaotic due to poor workflow and lack of process improvement. Some of the management/leads can not handle stress well, which makes the environment even worse than it actually should be. Coworkers are cool but you cant pay the wage they do, be that unorganized, have constant call outs, be short staffed and expect to keep people around!
Pros
Work schedule is good
Cons
Constantly call out sick, short staff, low pay, no raise for training, hours being cut due to budget/renovations
Productive work environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WA 98033March 19, 2018
well structured management system, just culture in workplace, recognition advancement opportunity , effective, open communication, work-life balance strategy.
Ok place to work. You get your hours in.
Medical Assistant for Primary Care (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 13, 2018
It seems the company has changed to caring more about making money than patient care. They will not hire when staff is needed. Instead they push employees to do more, causing burnout. The manager is not honest with employees which causing distrust.
good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 12, 2018
I love this place, they are willing to work with you while in school and care about your success as much as they care about their patients. Everyone is very helpful as well.
It was very productive when we had new mommies come to the unit. But still when their was nothing to do we had a little bit of fun.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 8, 2018
I loved working with the new mommies and the babies, and also doing what I absolutely love drawing blood, and doing vital signs. I even got to see a live Cesarean Section.
Pros
We got discounts for lunch
Cons
Length of time for breaks we're great, and the health coverage was even better.
Awesome people in a fast-paced environment
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 30, 2018
Daily collaboration with various team members to ensure all patients with OT/PT needs are met. In the acute care setting it is important to communicate with the nursing staff.
Fast-paced environment with great people
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 30, 2018
Caseloads range between 8-12 patients daily with a 60% productivity to meet in a 7 hour work day. Management is great and they're always trying to promote from within. Hardest part of the job is meeting productivity requirement and most enjoyable are the people I work with.
Pros
Great benefits for employees with FTE positions
Cons
Per diems don't get good benefits
Amazing providers who truly care about the well being of their patients.
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 10, 2018
Overlake is a great place to work, great providers good people that work there. Good benefits, lots of employee discounts and offers. Beautiful facility and currently undergoing construction.
Doctors are amazing at Senior Health
Lead - Certified Medical Assistant, MA II (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 8, 2018
Worked long hours, for amazing physicians. Variety of cultures. Staff are fun to work with. Lots of responsibilities, and sometimes gets overwhelming. Office manager is good at her job, steps in and tries to get things covered when we were short staffed.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Some days no breaks, no lunch
terrible place to work
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 5, 2018
is not leadership in that hospital,the work flow is to much,with a low pay.to many traveler working in that place and only 3 full time employed.little breaks
Pros
good benefits
Cons
really bad leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overlake Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight