Overlake Medical Center Employee Reviews

Overlake is a great place to work.
Perioperative Services - Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 21, 2019
I love the family atmosphere that exists in the mid sized hospital. Everyone pulls together to make things work efficiently and we really are like a big family.

The only reason I am considering leaving this facility is because of the cost of living in the Bellevue/Seattle/Everett Washington area.

The price of real estate has raised to tthe point that only those making well over 130G per year, can afford even the least expensive home.

I was born here in Seattle, but it feels like the housing market is pushing us out of the area.
Urgent care and primary care are an absolute mess
Medical Provider Urgent Care (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 20, 2019
Primary care doctors are constantly pressured to do more with less. Urgent care organization is a disaster. The rules on how to approach your work constantly shift. Management is completely non-responsive to valid concerns from the providers. No one is happy. Turnover is ridiculously high.
Pros
Weirdly, most providers and staff are great to work with
Cons
Management is stultifying
Lacking work/life balance
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 26, 2019
Opportunities for advancement limited in many departments.
Very hard working medical staff, but rarely much recognition. Administrative staff is underpaid.
Pros
Location, Free Parking
Cons
Corrective Action is not equally applied to staff.
Great culture
PSYCHIATRIC PARA-EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 25, 2019
An excellent organization needs more career advancement opportunities and better pay. Great benefits package, retirement plans and discounts for workers.
Very high paced stressfull job, however, the team work is excellelnt.
Sr. Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 11, 2019
An average day includes multiple phone lines, high volume of patient check in's, rapid pace patient/ doctor/ clinical and hospital wide coordination of admitting.
The teamwork is excellent and operates efficiently. We try to keep a positive and supportive work environment. I enjoy working with all of my co workers.
EPIC is a very detailed and difficult system to maneuver at first. Training a new person can take as long a 4-6 months before they are proficient with the work. We do 24 different kinds of registrations and each process is filled with a variety of steps in order to complete the registration.
The best part of this job is that I get to give each patient the best 4.5 minutes of their entire hospital stay.
Pros
We do get a higher number of PTO hours than many hospital, the healthcare providers are excellent to work with.
Cons
Keeping up with all the changes to processes. Low pay and high food prices in the cafeteria.
Terrible leadership, no career advancement, poor compensation
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 7, 2019
Terrible leadership, no career advancement, and Overlake under pays all levels other than RN, MD, Manager or higher 30% below the area's average. Look it up!
Excellent Employment opportunity
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA 98004February 2, 2019
Wonderful work environment and staff. The overseeing physicians were always willing to take the time to teach during procedures. Schedule was flexible and allowed me to further my education until I left.
It was a job not a career.
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 19, 2019
I always arrived early, because I wanted to be ready to go when my patient arrived. I learned a long time ago, patient don't know what you do or don't know about your job, they just want to be taken care of in a thoughtful and compassionate manner and I tried to provide that to each and ever one I came in contact with. The support was not always their with the physicians and I think the communication from them could have been more positive. I spent over ten years in that environment so I bear some responsibility for some of the day to day events that happened. I feel the hardest part of the job was the long hours and feeling the responsibility to stay with your computer screens and not have one of your coworkers monitor them while you ate. The fun part of my job was on certain days I got to work with people I enjoyed because I appreciated their work ethic and attention to detail.
Pros
Enjoyed workmates
Cons
Long hours, with no real lunch break
Official response from Overlake Medical Center
February 14, 2019

Hello. Thank you for actively working to provide the public with feedback regarding your experience. However Overlake Medical Center does not employee Sleep Technologists. There are other sleep specialty centers with similar names in the area. Please take a look and ensure your comments are posted to the correct company page to ensure job seekers looking there get your info. Thanks for all you do!

Depends on the Department
Surgery Assistant, Outpatient Surgery (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 11, 2019
Overlake has a great culture over all. The individual departments however have a hierarchy that often supersedes the Medical center. These cultures are often hard to break and don't allow for individuals to add to that culture unless the individual is accepted prior to any actual work being done.
Enjoyed working with a couple co workers
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 2, 2019
I was Hired through a temp agency to work a contract with Overlake and ended the contract early, I am glad to be gone. This was the most negative environment I have ever been exposed to in my 35 years in the work force. Leads abuse their authority in many ways. One lead totally shatters under stressful situations and takes it out on lab assistants. The morale in this place is the lowest I have ever seen in a company and people that have been there for years are leaving. Overlake needs to get the lab under control, and the new manager they just hired isn’t the one to do it...she is as bad as the bad employees...she fits right in.
Pros
Cons
Laboratory leads
Overlake is a great place to work for some, not for me and what I do.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 2, 2019
Overlake is an amazing place with some very talented and amazing people who work there. The employees at Overlake always strive to do their best; however, upper management is very questionable and sometimes outright unprofessional. There are people in high places who are very abusive towards staff and there is no room for mistakes. Perfection is the only option; however, most of the departments within Overlake Hospital are too short staffed to even maintain a 24 hour schedule. The culture in some of these departments is very unsafe and those who speak up are reprimanded for doing so. All these people care about is the bottom line at the end of the year so they can receive a bonus. There is no motivation to do whats best for the organization when a good majority of the leadership is only focused on fattening their wallets. Overlake needs to take a step back and really learn to listen to their employees and take action to support the culture they claim to believe in.
Pros
403b Matching up to 6%, Medical, Dental, Vision
Cons
Leadership, structure, culture
Overlake Medical Clinic
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 29, 2018
Great place to work. Since I have moved to North East Tacoma to be near family, I have a very long commute to Bellevue. Otherwise I would not be looking for a job.
Cons
My commute is to long.
I love the people I work with!
Director - Coding, HIM, and CDI (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 19, 2018
The employees in the departments that I oversee are wonderful. They know I care about them, and they show me daily how happy they are to be in a group that looks out for each other.
Wonderfully great people to work with
Primary Care Manager, Ambulatory Care (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2018
Overlake has wonderful employees. Whether at your location or reaching out to different departments. Very pleasant and helpful. Overlake has established preceptors or mentors to help new hire on-board. The centers work collaboratively as one big team and not as a silo. Executive management does quarterly rounding with the clinic and center sites to do safety and informal rounds. The executive rotates quarterly so they can know the departments and have the departments know them as well.
Pros
tution reimbursement
Cons
No onsite childcare
I enjoyed working here very much.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 29, 2018
My co workers were great! We were like a family. We worked long late hours but we worked as a team to get things done. I would still be working there if the commute was not so long!!!
Pros
awesome co workers and Doc's
Cons
commute and late nights
A good place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 8, 2018
1.Good patient/nurse ratio.
2.Service is excellent patient and staff likewise.
3.If there is a staffing issues, they make action right away.
4.Very good environment to work.Good teamwork.Staff are friendly too.
5.Good management.
6.Always have a compassionate hand to everylife we touch.
Overlake was a satisfactory place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 29, 2018
Worked at overlake for 10 years. The providers and my coworkers were great to work with, which kept me there. However, management and human resources I found were greatly lacking at this organization.
Pharmacy was a stressful environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 10, 2018
Fill medication for patient use in the hospital setting

How to compound medications for patient use

Sufficient, but engaged in workplace politics

The workplace was very toxic at that time

Interacting with unhappy and aggressive coworkers

Learning new processes
Pros
work environment could be hostile
Cons
I learned a lot
Unhealthy environment for productive and appreciated work
Senior Report Writer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 26, 2018
This was the worst environment I have ever worked in. Manager was escorted off premises by security without anyone knowing it. Then the Director quit. Two males argued and almost came to physical altercation over who was 'Lead' since we had no management present.. It was a very scary time. Director knew of this altercation that happened and his suggestion was for me to work weekends to avoid the 2 men. I was already putting in 10 - 11 hour days. It was insane and a very uncomfortable environment.
My function was to support the professional billing application and reporting needs. But instead I was assigned several large projects alone with tasks that were to be divided among all the report writers. Then the number of reports I created weekly were too low and it was also suggested that I come in and work weekends to bring those numbers up. Problem is, professional billing was well established and no new reports were needed.
The upper management must only care about the numbers and not the substance or proof that users are being supported in their respective applications.
Pros
None.
Cons
Workplace unprofessional and unhealthy.
Fun and exciting place to work
Enterprise Information System Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 22, 2018
Great atmosphere with wonderful coworkers. The atmosphere is relaxed and you're expected to get the needed work done without someone babysitting along the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overlake Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Overlake Medical Center Reviews by Location