Overland Contracting Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent company to build your telecom career with.
Tower Erector II (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 14, 2018
This is a no non-sense, productivity & quality results driven, safety first type of company. OCI is held to a higher tier than most other tower sub contractors, and as a result they push out very well built out sites and take sites that other subcontractors can't or won't do.

You will earn your pay here, work your tail off, and wake up to do it all over again the next day.

Pros:

Great safety equipment, knowledgeable and hard working foreman who act as leaders not "bosses", competent & hard working top hands and tower hands who look out for one another, a zero tolerance drug free work environment, decent per diem that allows you to choose your own hotel arrangements - no rooming up here unlike other tower companies, a work place committed to safety, excellent medical benefits, paid holidays, etc.

Cons:
Deadlines are tight, and can sometimes seem a bit unrealistic. It can get stressful as well as exhausting if the people in your crew aren't pulling their weight & if you have a foreman who shouldn't be in their position. The good thing is, upper management has pretty much put the right people in the right places to solve this problem.
Pros
compensation, technical training, opportunities for growth
Cons
intense deadlines
Stressful Situation
Construction Manager II (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 5, 2018
This was a great place to work. However with so many management changes and not much communication. It was very difficult to stay on top of what was going on in the workplace. One day you are assigned one job and before you could get it complete it was handed off and you were on to something else.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Too much micromanagement
learning experiece
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Micco, FLFebruary 27, 2018
something new daily, enjoyed coworkers and management, safety is absolutely most important and drilled into each associate daily, also accountability for ones actions
Great place.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Big job sites and great benefit packages. Long layoff though but when employed they do have long job sites to keep you busy for a while. I would consider working for them again
Tower tech ll
tetelecommunication (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 10, 2018
Put in some long hours did a lot of work for the company for the most part they're okay 44 they have there pros and cons like every company of course but more Pros for sure
WAREHOUSE / RT FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 6, 2018
Very good company. Safety culture, BBQ lunches, Raffles etc. People matter most policy. Safety first not productivity, Everyone is a brothers keeper. Very detail JSA and STA's. Employee's always planned their work and work the plan.
Pros
BBQ lunches, Safety training, Room for advance
It was a great company to work with.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2018
Will go back with them anytime. Its all about Safety first not productivity, Everyone is a brothers keeper. Very detail JSA and STA's. Employee's always planned their work and work the plan.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes Coordinations from sections to Warehouse
Great Job
Equipment Operator Light (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Anyone who is willing to temporarily relocate for work, this job is for you. Perdiem based also. Safety is the number one priority, quality, and production.
Pros
paid every friday.
Cons
All types of nature and weather conditions.
Safeties company ever work
P.V. Installer -Team leader (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Solid safety culture company ever work. Learn every day best way to lead, manage and take care my crew. Demonstrate personal responsibility for own safety of others.
Fast-Paced, Hard Labor
Electrician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 20, 2018
Overall it is a good company to work with, they are willing to show you new things so that you can excel in their company. they are open to hearing new ideas and plans!
Pros
Per Diem
Cons
Lay Offs

Want to know more about Overland Contracting Inc.?

Ask a question
Great Company Overall
Electrician Helper/operator (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 16, 2018
You just have to remeber why you are working and that is to provide for my family. Also, know that everyone in a higher position don't deserve it and focus on doing your best job for the company.
Fantastic company to work for
Electrician's Helper 1 (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 15, 2018
I loved working for OCI and I am very much looking forward to working on another of their projects.It was a team environment with an emphasis on safety.
Pros
Open and friendly upper management team
Cons
working in the Florida heat
Solar Technician (Former Employee) –  Indiantown, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Good place to work everyone seem to get along, upper management didn't hold up to their word but all employees pull together to get the job done in a timely manner.
Wonderful Experience
Electrical Helper 3 (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 28, 2017
Great place to work for advancement
Will train you
You can travel endless with your career at Overland
Dedicated and Loyal Company
Family Friendly
Pros
Solid Jobs
Cons
Needs to more diverse
good company
Project Facilitator I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 14, 2017
Good Company to work for but there is lack of work.
I worked at Object Computing full-timeĀ  for 4.5 years. A well established company that has been doing business for over 24 years.
Built on a foundation of education and solid software engineering. Amazing people to work with at all levels of the company.They have training programs, reimburse tuition for education outside of work, have professional mentors and provide pathways for non-traditional career paths.They understand people have lives outside of work, and attempt to keep a good work life balance for all.They treat people fairly.Leaders are open about the challenges, as well as its successes.Leaders seek feedback.Leaders are accessible and approachable.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
favoritism
Higher ups looked out for one another
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Parrish, FLDecember 13, 2017
OCI was an amazing place to work and the pay was great. I had gotten laid off due to the project being finished early. I would love to work again with the company treats all employees with respect and encourages workers to finish their projects on time.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
Work ended to soon
Job was nice, good pace to work with.
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 11, 2017
Typical day at work would be breezing through the work. I learned alot more than I expected. I learned how to square the racks, connect splice plates, and how to throw up the panels properly but at a really fast pace. Management was okay, more than bad. The workplace culture was good. Everyone got along, i had no bad altercations. The hardest part of the job I say would be the heat. The panels attract more heat rays than anything else out there, but for the most part the work environment was enjoyable.
Pros
Pros are that we had microwaves on the site to heat our food.
Cons
I don't think there were any cons.
Great place to work for.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, FLNovember 28, 2017
I absolutely loved working here i wish i could have continued employment here but the job was temporary in florida building the solar farm on karson road in arcadia. Great management awesome project manager brian. Awesome supervisor ty newman.
Pros
Everything was a pro
I enjoyed the opportunity
Quality Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working with OCI, and I only left because I was transferred by the mother Company to another position. I hear there have been major changes within the organization, so I cannot speak for how good of a employer they are now.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Salary, long hours
Very good company to work for.
IR Manager / Division Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GASeptember 11, 2017
I am been with Overland for the last 11 years. It is a good company to work for. In summary, the company have a very good benefits and compensation program. The company is very demanding and keeps you challenged.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Seems like quite frequent reorganization