Overlook Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
ED NURSE INFORMATICS (System Analyst 2) (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 6, 2018
There is a team culture that focuses on patient safety and urgency. Leadership is something to be proud of in the Emergency Department in Overlook Medical Center.
A great place to work
Surgical Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 21, 2018
I learned so much in this place. Management was supportive in professional growth of each employee. The CEO here holds town meetings with employees where he interacts with them.
Pros
Professional growth is encouraged and compensated here
Cons
Longer hours in the job at that time
Great Place to work and advance your career
Secretary/Technician (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 21, 2018
Working at Overlook Medical Center is a very rewarding place to work. I am exposed to so many situations that prepare me for a long career within the organization.
It is a very fast paced facility, and you can also have a little fun while doing your job.
Patient Express (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 8, 2018
I totally loved working at Overlook Medical Center for the many years that I was there. Mostly everyone worked together and that made thing run so much smoother.
Pros
We got discounts for our lunch
Cons
Breaks we're to short but it was alright, still got to est and got my job done.
Amazing people, great environment
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 16, 2018
I worked at Overlook for two years and it was an amazing experience. I would’ve stayed there and retired, however I did not want to move to New Jersey
Pros
Perks, discounts
Cons
For me it was the long commute
Unit Rep (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 11, 2018
Atlantic Health is a great place to work. The climate is very studious. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The equipment is state of the art. There is room for growth with this company
wonderful hospital
REGISTERED NURSE LABOR AND DELIVERY (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 5, 2018
Worked for 16 years, and the hospital was great. Hospital appreciated staff and had a great work/homelife balance. The only thing was the 1.5 hour commute, but only working 3 days a week was wonderful.
Ratio
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 24, 2018
The staff to patient ratio is sometimes unsafe, which resulted in poor patient care. I have not worked here long, but I have noticed that the a lot of nurses feel under appreciated and burnt out. It is a good place to work and most staff is very friendly but I would not want my family taken care of here simply because a majority of the time there is not enough staff to go around.
Pros
You are definitely a "big fish in a small pond" here.
Cons
The staffing ratio is really tiring.
Professional Environment dedicated to well-being of patients
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 24, 2018
Overlook was a great place to volunteer my time. I was happy to help out in any way I could. The healthcare professionals there were dedicated to helping their patients and provide the best healthcare possible.
Excellent place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 3, 2018
Working at O.M.C. gives you great opportunity to advance your nursing career.
Nursing educational classes offered on a regular basis.
Friendly environment to work.
Cons
Very excellent hospital to work for
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJNovember 27, 2017
I must say this hospital was the best.It was literally a family of co workers.we all worked as a team on every unit.It really saddens me that I have to relocate,I truly love my unit 7C and my manager she is so understanding and compassionate towards her employees.
Pros
Family oriented of employees and very caring
Cons
No cons
What I have learned working here
Bed Management, Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJOctober 3, 2017
What I have learned working here was medical terminology, and the proper care for patients. I have also learned how to properly utilize the computer applications such as STAR, IBEX, and MPV.
Excellent team work
RN (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Overlook Medical Center is a great place to work. People are friendly and hard working. I was part of team to give patients excellent care. I worked on a stroke and laminectomy unit. I can't ask for a better unit and team work.
Pros
Team work, work excellence
Full Time RN
Registered Nurse, Medical-Surgical (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJAugust 7, 2017
OMC has been a great place to work. Nursing Education provides a lot of opportunities for growth and offer various systems of support for new grads starting out.
Fun workplace, friendly environment.
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 12, 2017
Fast paced work environment.
Management can be improved upon if advanced notice is given when management makes decisions to reduce work force in all departments.
Workplace culture and working conditions are is excellent.
extremely dedicated staff, but patient ratios sometimes unsafe
RN (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 26, 2017
travel assignment. staff was so kind, caring and compassionate. nurses truly are a shining example but staffing ratios are very rough at times and there doesn't seem to be a culture of protecting nurses.
Amazing learning experience!
Clinician Intern (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 12, 2017
I completed my 1000 hours of clinical experience at the Overlook Medical Center's Intensive Outpatient Program and I had a phenomenal experience. My clinical supervisor, provided me with many learning experiences. I was able to run sessions at the hospital's inpatient program and complete intakes guidance.
No comments
RN - Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJNovember 6, 2016
This place is a per diem job for me, it took me a year to feel " settled." Their software system is too complicated; progress note is still being written by doctors. telephone orders are written. Peripheral IV catheters are old, IV machines are not up to date.
Great company
Team Lead/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 25, 2016
Awesome company to work for and grow your career! If you are looking for a company that has a great reputation this is the company for you. I have worked here for 14 years and seen many positive changes with Atlantic. I get along fairly well with my co-workers, and management.
I learned much about the Central Service Department and what it takes to be a great Central Sterile Processor.
Surgical Processing Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 20, 2015
I spent my days in Decon, Prep/Pack, Dispatch and Storage. I learned each position thoroughly within the departments of Central Service.