Owens & Minor Employee Reviews

It wasa fu place to work at.
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsvile, VaJuly 18, 2018
We moved from Mechanicsvillle to downtown and they were trying to make things fun for us to relieve a little stress. It was a very friendly company to work for and they tried to be very fair about things.
Teammate
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2018
management was good to work with, frequently did nice things for the teammates such as free lunches, celebrations of various events. management sought feedback from the workforce and was open to the feedback
Good company
HRIS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 9, 2018
This is a good company. The issue here is management and employee policy. Its a problem when executives don't understand the information and you have to educate them.
Low morale
Route Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJuly 7, 2018
The whole organization is constantly changing but you are notified of the changes. Management are for themselves. There is a constant turn over of staff.
Pros
you can leave when you finish your route
Cons
favoritism
Bait and Switch
Inventory Status Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJuly 5, 2018
O&M is a dependable company, but the pay is very low, and the opportunities are not great. When being interviewed I was sold on cross-functionality, but I have done nothing but my own position. I have had 5 managers in less than 4 months.
Pros
People work hard, but it's swimming against the current
Cons
Stressful workplace, lack of management
LIfe at OM
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJuly 3, 2018
It was a great experience working at OM. The work that is done inside the warehouse directly impacts the operations in the hospital or care room. Accuracy is key in this industry as it is very important that the hospitals are receiving the correct items to service their patients.
this was a mistake
will not say (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 1, 2018
the ware house manager seems to think if its not done the managers way it is not the right way. Manager is always in your face. manager does not trust any of the employees to do their job. manager has a habit of chasing off employees. Hence a really bad turn over rate.So if you want to work long tiring hours and be criticized for your work with low low pay then this is the place for you
Production Clerk / HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCJune 24, 2018
Owens & Minor is a great company to work for, good management, they provide opportunity to learn and advance career, gives chances to advance career within
Happy work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJJune 21, 2018
Did customer service 20 Yrs. then promoted to other positions. Worked with Great Bosses trained with the best teachers. Helped with Company in house picnics Christmas parties. I traveled for this Company teaching Customer Service. Did several jobs such as processing the mail answer phones billed and issued credits.
Pros
Paid Company trips to Main Office. Good raises.
Cons
Had to drive 45-50- mintues to work one way
stressful understaffed lack of managment
Warehouse Coordinator/Lead (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 14, 2018
Typical work day is whatever they say it is, could be 8 to 12 hours. Management has doesn't care about the workers. very stressful work enviorment and not communication from management.
Pros
people i worked with
Cons
Management and being over worked

Want to know more about Owens & Minor?

Ask a question
I worked for Owens & Minor for many years in the office. It was a great place to work until new management decided to restructure.
Office (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 7, 2018
The new management told all employees that if we could accept change all would be good. We didn’t know the change would be to relocate to Virginia to the CEC, Client Engagement Center. Management is adamant that it is not a call center. It is a call center. The company is losing many dedicated knowledgeable employees that cared about the customers. They are in the process of training new employees at the CEC to replace all the seasoned employees working at all the distribution centers. The customers will not receive the personalized service they deserve and in the end the company will lose business.
Pros
Decent pay, worked with a dedicated team at my location
Cons
New management doesn’t care how the changes are affecting the customers
Fast paced
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 6, 2018
At Owens and Minor, we have to pick items for hospitals using a voice command system. We are scheduled to work 8 hour shifts but we can't leave until the work is done, so if it takes 10+ hours then we have to work the 10+ hours. It's good overtime but it sucks.
Pros
Make good money
Cons
You can't leave until the work is done
Good place to learn about the healthcare supply chain.
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 3, 2018
Owens and Minor is a good place to learn how hospitals procure materials and stock their facilities. Overall it's a good place to work but has gone through many difficult changes.
Pros
Some very nice and capable people work there.
Cons
Benefits are very lacking and both office locations are not convenient to me.
Many changes
Warehouse Lead, Just In Time Dept (JIT) (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 31, 2018
With almost 13 years with the company I have seen many changes occur. Some of these changes for the better of the company and others not so much. The company used to be more for keeping your employees happy as well as the customers
There are no guarantees in life!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 24, 2018
Went from being a secure, dependable, trustworthy organization to a deceitful and disorganized company. Customer satisfaction used to be one of our main priorities, not so much anymore.
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMay 23, 2018
Great place to work. Great work environment. Great people to be around. The job is easy to learn and catch on to. It is a safe environment. It is a very laid back job
Self motivated work with long hours
Hospital inventory management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 22, 2018
Assigned a route to stock & complete inventory for
multiple hospitals. Order the needed supplies, met with nurse management to confirm any extra or unknown orders. Organize and stock supplies in correct order using correct organization system. Check in all orders before starting route to assure correct inventory was in as well as tracking other billing or miss shipped items. Working 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week.
great place to work
Inventory Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 21, 2018
Fortune 500 Company, recently moved into a new office space conveniently located in downtown Richmond, Virginia; supervisors are excellent to work with; training is provided for new employees
Pros
great managment
Cons
commute
Production teamwork is ok
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Arden, NCMay 20, 2018
My machine has 15 people with a team lead and a packer 2

We all
Work together and meet the daily production quote. Love the job. Had to relocate
Pros
Paid lunches. Overtime
Great Place to Work Poor Management
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 20, 2018
Director was chauvinistic.
Office manager was no better.
Despite being degraded by management on more than a few occasions, I still loved my job and customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owens & Minor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight