Owens & Minor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible management, Too much overtime due to lack of hiring.
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 23, 2018
Management refuses to listen to any suggestions that would help make processes more efficient. Work 12+ hours on most days because the company won't hire the people needed in order to make the deliveries needed.
Not so Great
inventory control,stock picker (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 21, 2018
You would not like to work at this company,very cutthroat stressful enviroment. Stress through the roof, , thank God I left. If you are'nt the kind of person that, kissup or snitch you wont last watch out for Management.They could really give a less about you, they only care about themselves.
Pros
a pay check that's it
Cons
everything listed in my reveiw
Not bad
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 19, 2018
Good company to work for. Management in the Boston area could use a little work on sensitivity and communication as well as consistency. They could also find a way of working with the employees that create a better teamwork type of environment.
Pros
Fair pay, fast paced
Cons
Climate
Not a bad place to work if you are young, free and have nothing else doing!!!
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I have been working at this company for sometime (more than 2 and a half years) and i have a family but with this job you work long hours and get off late because of overtime and some people not pulling their weight. start work at 9 and getting off at 6:30 is considered early which is weird (was told i would do a LITTLE overtime on interview, lie!!) because of this i get home late at nights when my son ie either in bed or almost there and i'm super tired and the pay doesn't even make up for it, smh i was held at a higher standard than those that came after me and i excelled at everything but not having time for myself and my family just make this place not ideal. as i said if you are young and just need some cash to party then go ahead you will fit right in, a family oriented type....skip this place!

overall job is easy, management could be more tight to get everyone in line and be more unbiased in their decision making but then again that's pretty much all management. I only do a day a week now so feel free to test the waters it might be good for you or not.
Pros
benifits like life insurance, etc
Cons
everything else
Customer focused environment
Client Executive (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2018
O&M is a nationally renowned healthcare distribution company that has been around for over 135 years. My goal is to provide customers with world class customer service while also offering programs that will help with provider efficiency and savings. The supply chain world was turned upside down with recent natural disasters, however being prepared for these, as well as a strong communication structure have helped ease the burden.
Pros
Being able to assist providers with last second needs
Poor Managment
Quality Assurance Shift Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toano, VASeptember 12, 2018
No cordination and cooperation between line supervisors/managers of shipts. No effeciant training of employees. Backtalks, descrimanation and insulting who are not english speakers are a daily news. No one taking responsibility, the only approch toward problem solving is to blame others.
Changed my life
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 5, 2018
I became a zone killer. That’s how cool it was working there. Met a lot of cool people, awesome management. Good starting pay if you want a stable career path
Pros
Ot
Cons
Below par Raises
"Overtime is the Prime"
Coordinator and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 5, 2018
I feel as if Owens & Minor could stand to have some major improvements, but there are some things that they do well.
The company values the customers and every order has to be packaged and shipped via a certain process.
Perhaps if they lent more time to training the new hires and considered implementing a third shift along with not accepting as many orders per day, it could be a better place to work.
Overall, not bad, but using the voice program is tedious.
Long hours, but substantial pay.
Owens has a long way to go, but if they get a CEO that intimately understands the process, then they would be in great shape.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, break room, Concentra clinic, in-warehouse supervisor's office.
Cons
Overtime every night, no AC in the Summer, point system could use some fine tuning
A turn for the better
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I have been a teammate with Owens & Minor in Flower Mound for over 10 years. I’ve seen a lot of change in our company especially in the last couple of years. Management under the gun to hit numbers. Until recently that meant cutting corners. That seems to be changing now. New GM actually seems to care about the people. Getting equipment fixed and cleaning the building. Previous leadership forgot about these things. I was looking for another job. Now I want to see how this goes.
Pros
New management
Cons
Hours fluctuate.
Stop gap
Forklift Driver/Picker (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZSeptember 1, 2018
Pick items using a voice automated system while trying to hit a certain rate and not make mistakes. You didn't leave until the work was finished. so an 8hr day could end up a 12hr day.
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay.
Lousy unrewarding place to work at
Warehouse/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAAugust 30, 2018
This company used to be a pretty good company to work for. In the past 4-6 years they have decided that the more efficiently their workers work, regardless if many if not most people work differently, they will stringently put their workers between a rock and a hard place, while favoring only a few and those who are young enough and mentally strong enough to survive in the name of meeting their hospital supplies needs, and in fact abusing the basic need for their workers to thrive in a balanced environment, and using "time study" tactics to basically demoralize their workforce while increasing their profits in an extremely unfair way.
Pros
A paycheck with only 2per cent raises
Cons
Running your workers into the ground
highly stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 23, 2018
terrible training practices
work load was inconsistent and unrealistic
unsupportive management
corporate structure with little personal interest in staff
Pros
no weekends
Cons
too many to list
Do not work here
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNAugust 21, 2018
In the short time I was there people quit and I can see why they do, management sucks.you come in and you dont leave at your scheduled time. I worked 2nd shift and getting out at 3 am was ridiculous. Not somewhere I would recommend to any one
Very good piece to work
Werehouse coordinador (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2018
I spent my best years working for that company.I learned to work in a team And with security
Hands on MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 20, 2018
Working as a temp at the Presbyterian hospital was great. I love being of service to other people. I did not like the supply supervisor at the time however. Good clean and quiet work environment.
Overall good company that employed me for over 25 years.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 12, 2018
I honestly enjoyed the people, and more importantly my customers that I serviced for many, many years in my customer service role at Owens and Minor for over 25 years.
Pros
Long term customer relationships
Cons
Closed the customer service site and moved to headquarters
Independant Work Enviornment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAAugust 10, 2018
So far so good, still pretty new! In time i can provide more detail. Managers are involved. They encourage feed back on job reaponsibilities..........
Pros
Managers
Cons
Na
Just a job but not a career
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 9, 2018
I’ve been working here for a few years. Since I started we had softball, free gym memberships, golf outings, employee picnics. Now is all gone and left into darkness. Culture was ok and not the best now. Now ever since new management took over everything turned upside down. They look at numbers, charts, stats and not the reality. Lots of favoritism, few supervisors and management are so picky towards certain individuals. If they like the person they’ll treat them like gold. If they don’t like certain individuals, they tend to mistreat, talk down, pretend the person don’t exist. I’m a very hardworking employee and always get the job done. Others like myself get overlooked, unappreciated, with no rewards, not even receive a “job well done” from management. It’s all clockwork to them with no regards but unless if they like certain individual.
Pros
Pay is ok, few good people
Cons
Poor management/leadership, no culture, unprofessionalism, nip picking, micro management, dark and dirty warehouse, short breaks and lunch
Still in a transition phase
Client Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2018
I came on board during a transitional phase. It's an okay place to work, but I would not reommend anyone close to me to work their. Before they switched from their home office to the now permanent location it was more laid back. They said when we moved to the new location there would be all these places we could go, and "destress". I've never worked in an enviroment where I was so micormanaged before in my life. It is interesting how it was supposed to be more relaxing, but people seem to be more stressed out.
Pros
beautiful view over the James River
Cons
expensive insurance, hours reange fronm 8-8
Very fast paced
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Rose, LAAugust 2, 2018
The environment is fast paced and never dull. Your experience will depend on the DC, and management. It can be wonderful, or absolutely atrocious. Your performance is based off of your ability, and not off of what would be a reasonable expectation of another person in your role. Pay is not competitive as you're not compared to others, but rather what it is believed that you are capable of.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Unclear expectations and double standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owens & Minor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight