Owens & Minor
58Below average

Owens & Minor Employee Reviews

United States817 reviews
We send medical supplies urgently needed at this juncture in time.
Slow period as no elective medical procedures being done at this time. Barely getting 30 plus hours but this will change as soon as social distancing and elective surgeries return to the status quo. When this occurs, I would say 60 plus hours are in our future.
Pros
plenty of work soon. set breaks. Arc, my supervisor and Ant, are helpful as I'm a "cherry."
Cons
A bit of a high school mentality by one of the "Team Leads."
Drama !!
There is too much drama at this workplace . Even if you stay to yourself . It’s a bunch of women in power taking advantage of Owens and minor . They re hired a hostile employee and made the female very uncomfortable. The HR is poor and don’t interact with the employees at all . Very hard to get in touch with them . They mostly stay in the office on their phones . All the leaders gossip and talk about each other . They give u $150 extra pay on ur check that’s taxed for hazard pay. Barely any difference in ur check .
Not friendly workplace. Long Hours. Not enough help. Poor recruiting
Company only cares about shareholders and not what you have done for the company. Warehouse manager is not engaged and is a micro manager. Yells at co-workers on the floor in front of others. You can never do anything right or as good as them. Horrible culture and environment. Stay Away!
Wonderful Company
I was recruited by O&M after having been an extremely satisfied customer for decades. O&M has an extremely high emphasis on integrity, customer service, quality service, and a culture of Teammate inclusion. It’s a company that has been in business for more that 135 years and has strongly supported it’s Core Values in support of Customers, Teammates and Shareholders. My work experience at O&M could not have been better!
It was run by a really lazy supervisor.
Working there was like been in highschool again. Supervisor was really young with a childish attitude.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great Place To work
I loved my time at O&M. Would love to go back and visit everyone one day. The lay out of the office was wonderful with thought put into everything including the breakroom and outside sitting area.
As the year's
As I work for the company for years. I felt like i was over dealing with the company i became very unhappy being there. So much had gone on there that i felt like i could deal with it anymore. And i know this because i had became unhappy there.
Pros
It use to be the hours. (Not anymore not)
Cons
Not enough people working as a team.
A great place to work.
Overall ... I give Owens & Minor a thumbs up ! I would suggest that anyone seeking employment in a production environment that seeks job security .. A sense of purpose with repetition in the workplace to give Owens & Minor a try . Definitely a good place to work .
Always stressing "Code of Honor and Ethnics" however, there is no employee loyalty from Management. They only care about the customer's needs and not the employee's needs. Concerns can be addressed with upper management and HR but it will be eventually brushed under the rug.
Pros
Can move around to other departments
Cons
Point system, short breaks
They do not care about employees
Poorly ran and cannot manage their budgets or cash flow. They have no concern for employees and their work life balance. They will cut people and lay off without warning.
Very big on production and errors
I enjoyed myself at work because I enjoy the freedom of order picking but the long hours took away from my wife and kids. This job was the main reason I decided to attend college full time and get a degree in information technology.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Management leaves much to be desired
Management is not consistent in the delivery of their instructions. There were many times where all relevant information was not shared, making it impossible to make sound business decisions. Management was not fair and consistent when it came to disciplining employees and there were a lot of questionable HR choices.
Nice people, confused management
It was a confusing place to work. I liked my coworkers, but there was not a lot of process or structure and I felt like I had no opportunities to advance.
High paced and repetitive.
If you enjoy being on your feet (Alot) and in a fast pace environment. They have it here, with that others might not be as into doing what is expected. There will always be work and those who are willing to let someone else do it.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Some managers "Aren't"
Sucks
This place is terrible and unorganized they harassed people over breaks lunches the management is terrible everybody complains about the way they operate
Management/ Team leads
This company would be a great company to work for if, and only if, they replaced the supervisors and team leads. All of them, not one of the very many is any different, but the same in one very big way. They have favorites, and if you're not one of their " favorites " they are rude,mean, and will give you only the horrible jobs. The leads are even hateful to each other aother.NastyNorecYouwirecognirecognized
Night shift is a whole other world
I worked overnights, and it is so much different than 1st shift. The HR manager and most of the other managers are very nice and welcoming. However, the shift leads I dealt with, for the most part, were very rude and talked down to us when we didn’t know a certain thing. I was discriminated against based on my disability, and am considering hiring a lawyer. Everyone works slow on purpose to rack up as much OT as possible, and berate me when I actually work hard. No wonder why this company is suffering.
A breath of fresh air
Typical warehouse environment. Mid management was good. Awesome co workers on third shift. Mandatory over time weekly. Benefits were decent. You have good days and bad days but with any position in almost any company, make friends and remember you can't always make other people happy. Just do your job.
Management and teammates are awesome. Great place to work. 1st shift hours are 5am to 130pm. Pay is a little low but doable. I just found a better paying job.
Pros
Hours. Management. Teammates.
Cons
No Incentives
Nice place to work with plenty of opportunity to grow.
Owens-Minor is a very diverse environment dedicated to providing quality customer service. The warehouse and onsite team has to be on the same page to maximize our goals however, this is where we are met with challenges. The hospital environment is very different from the warehouse therefore, much attention is payed to the quality in which our products are received and the manner in which they are delivered.
Pros
Shift premium friendly work environment
Cons
Working at 2 o clock in the morning
Fun and hard work
Its a pretty great company good benefits,
There are some great people I have worked with.

They work with you to get certified on all the equipment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owens & Minor. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight