Owens Corning Employee Reviews

decent pay
Crewman (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJanuary 12, 2019
the pay is good if you will work every day. the company doesnt care about you at all just a tool in the machine. lots of overtime is available so that was a plus
Good work relationship with my staff. They respected me because I would listen and help them through issues.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Good place to work until new management came in. Then it was their way and no variations.
I lead a shift that work to improve on maintenance and production interaction. I was an operations maintenance coordinator, coach and supervisor. My staff or team respected me for my honesty assistance with may issues. I would occationly put on work cloths and work along with them if they were short handed.
Pros
People respected me that worked for me. Past leaders took my input.
Cons
New leadership didn't respect my opinion
Team concept
Forming Trainer / Wet Chop Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 6, 2019
This job is for the most part a relaxed atmosphere. Most days this is a pretty routine job as long as you do what you are supposed to. The team environment makes it easy to things running smoothly.
Pros
Great pay for the amount of work.
Cons
The cons of this job is that it is a 12 hour shift
Growing Experience
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Granville, OHDecember 31, 2018
Good company overall with a competitive culture. Unfortunately, worked for a division that was sold off and quality employees were let go. Would have liked to see things end differently during my tenure.
Pros
Culture, Advancement, etc.
Cons
Work/Life balance, stress, etc.
Owen Corning Savannah
Safety/Environment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 30, 2018
Great company to work for if you are looking for a career other then a job. O.C. has allow me to gain lots of knowledge and meet lots of great people throughout the company.
Pros
Great safety culture throughout the company
Cons
Needs better process when hiring leaders
Owens Corning is a great company
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Lucas County, OHDecember 27, 2018
Very good company, with a lot of advantages and really good atmosphere.
Laid back
Resin operator (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIDecember 20, 2018
Plant closed, poor organization. This was a union shop. Union made people lazy. Lazy people don't work, plant closed, need I say more.
Work was easy.
Productive workplace
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MADecember 19, 2018
Owens Corning was a great place of employment however the bonus and commission program was constantly changing not allowing employees to reach goals due to the fact that regulations were constantly changing
Cons
No paid time off, benefits
great
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 14, 2018
Great. If you get on, stay on. I liked my job and I liked what I did. The weather wasnt ever fair but thats the only thing you had to deal with. I miss it
Not much to say.
Worker (Current Employee) –  .OhioDecember 11, 2018
I really don't wish to speak about working at Owens Corning. I can say that for the most part, it's a great place to work. Anyone looking for a career that has longevity, this is the place to go.

Want to know more about Owens Corning?

Ask a question
Great Company, Great People
Supply Chain Staff (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 7, 2018
Lots of opportunity for growth and development, flexible schedules, great vacation policy and training. I recommend working for Owens Corning if you have the opportunity.
Horrible
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GADecember 5, 2018
I hated my time working there. Management will treat you like garbage just because they have a bad day. Unless you know someone there you don’t move up. They occasionally do layoffs
Pros
Great Blue Collar workers
Cons
Horrible management
Good Pay, Bad Culture and Work Life Balance
Salary (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 3, 2018
Goods: Pay, benefits, stock purchase plane, 401K is automatic vested 2% and match additional up to 6% for a total of 8%.

Cons: Culture, backstabbing, management will fire good employees with no warning but will hold on to bad employees for fear of a lawsuit. Work-life balance pretty bad for operations. Some managers do anything to make others look bad to get promoted.
Great Company and Culture
TOTAL REWARDS LEADER (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 30, 2018
Company provides lots of opportunity to contribute on cross functional projects and gain exposure to leadership. Ability to learn and lead big initiatives are provided which allows one to advance quickly in their career.
3rd shift
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 30, 2018
I trained on 1st shift and then moved to 3rds. 3rd shift is a big joke. The supervisor let his lead run the show and do what she wanted. I was often thrown on jobs I hadn't been trained on and was expected to know what I was doing and to hit rate. 1 job in particular was extremely rough on the back but lead never cared. All the people you worked with were backstabbers. Talked bad about 1 person behind their back and then acted like their friend the next. Wouldn't recommend for a long time Career AT ALL.
Pros
Cons
Everything under the sun.
Three stars
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MENovember 29, 2018
Nice place to work. Competitive wages and benefits. Good schedule and decent working conditions. I would recommend this company to others in the future.
Productive, great communication
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 23, 2018
I would love to work for owens corning still I'm hoping I can transfer to the one here. Owens corning takes care of their employees very well. There is proper training for every position.
Bad reputation
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHNovember 20, 2018
People are very bad for gossip. Pay is good. Hours can be long on summer days. Enjoyed the work not so much the people. Work is not hard. Just have to be willing to work. They tend not to care about the people only the work.
Pros
Job sercurity
Cons
No communication, backstabing, fake people
Company is AMAZING
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
An industry leader focused on positioning its employees for success. It did become a bit overwhelming when a 3 state territory turned to a 7 state territory with no additional compensation, which is why I left.
Great place to work!!!
Quality Leader (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHNovember 13, 2018
OC is a Great place for all levels of skill. The opportunity to advance is ever present as they 'grow their people', and I am a product of that! I started in an entry level production position and within a few years moved into the QC department. As my skills developed I was awarded Quality Specialist and soon became the Quality Leader overseeing all processes protecting the integrity of our products and ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction. I was also awarded the Customer Service Champion taking full ownership of all customer interaction!
Pros
Management team, competative wage, advancement opportunities.
Cons
Ambient temperatures! Northern Ohio gets cold!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owens Corning. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight