Owensboro Health Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Review
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 14, 2018
The working environment was great. However supervisor was not. She changed the policy without notifying staff causing several to be fired. Handbook policy stated you had a seven minute to be clocked in however I was fired for a 3 minute tardy.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
rules not same for everyone in hospital each supervisor got to chose their own rules
State Registered Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 3, 2018
They say they care and want to make a difference, but they don't. They only make it harder for the employees and under staff them. Nurse to patient ratio is ridiculous.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 5, 2018
I worked in the E.R. and I worked hard. I am happy to say that it did not go unnoticed. I received compliments not only from the EVS department, but the nursing staff in the E.R. I was even offered a job as an E.R. tech, but I declined because of the hours at the time. There were sometimes communication issues with management. Yet, overall, I would say it is a good work environment.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Communication
management is the worst part
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 15, 2018
Management will throw you under the bus, they treat you terribly all they care about is patient satisfaction and not you, they will fire you over anything they can find
A very sorry excuse for a health care facility !!
Dept . Technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 8, 2018
I worked at this place for several years as a trained educated professional in a department I won't mention but can tell you that the management in my department is why I left . Favoritism ran ramped. Arrogance was also a problem there. There was little team work between staff and a lot of arguing . I would not recommend this place for patients or tentative employees you will find better service & staff in Louisville or Lexington .
Pros
Decent pay but only because the town has few good jobs.
Cons
For most high stress do to poor management
Exciting environment.
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 11, 2018
The Emergency Department of OHRH is fast paced, but is a great way to learn how a hospital is run and the inner workings between other facilities and companies that are working with the hospital. My job requires no medical knowledge, but I have learned a lot during my time here. Offers great benefits for full time employees (vacation hours, sick time, holiday hours, birthday hours, personal benefit time) with a shift differential from 6pm - 6am. The hardest part of my job is time management, it is easy to become overwhelmed with tasks if time management is not implemented. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff that is in the Emergency Room. Most everyone in the ER is friendly towards each other and often have social gatherings outside of work, but not affiliated with the hospital. There is no typical day at work, each day is different but expect to be busy for a good portion of your day.
Pros
Occassional Potlucks, Employee discounts for cafeteria food, Full-time benefits, great learning experience
Cons
One 30 minute lunch break for a 12 hour shift, high stress possibility, close proximity to critical patients
Stressful work type and non-ideal shift
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 1, 2018
I would have stayed if I had been offered more money to be certified. A lady who has been here three years already is certified, makes as much money as I started out on, and hasn't had a raise in the three years she's been here.
Cut throat
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 11, 2018
This hospital over worked their employees and expected staff to take on more than the normal amount of patients. They were finding any and every reason to rid the hospital of experienced nurses and replace them (or not in some cases) with new nurses fresh from school.
Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 2, 2018
Being apart of the Leadership team at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital for the past year has been great. Owensboro has been a welcomed change. Owensboro Hospital is working their way up for being a great healthcare provider to becoming an excellent healthcare provider. That is commendable in itself. Most healthcare hospitals I have worked for in the past were being rating as OK on their patient surveys. Ownesboro has made a huge initiative to make sure their staff is happy. Due to the way the employee surveys were rated and weighted they have been able to figure out where more services are needed. Owensboro passed their Joint Commission Survey in Ma of 2017. The awesome part about it is Owensboro was rated and passed the survey based on Joint Commission's new surveying style. It has been a challenge in my role at the hospital only because most of the leaders in the organization have worked for the company many years and worked their way up through the ranks amongst their peers. Coming in from the outside has had it's pros and cons. It has personally been of great benefit to me because I am constantly challenged to do more and do even better than before. I really enjoy it.
Pros
cafeteria, badge access to food, Starbucks, Subway, Gift Shop, Lots of scenic walking aareas
Cons
Lots of walking, The shape of the building makes it hard to see on the units, not very diverse environment
love taking care of patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 10, 2017
taking vitals such as temperatures, respiration, blood pressure , pulse. collecting urine, and stool samples. getting weights, charting all in and out put on patients and taking care whatever needs they made have during there stay
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 30, 2017
I truly enjoy being able to work for a company such as this, they care for there employees and are willing to work with anyone that is willing to work for them.
Committed to excellence
Clinical Informatics Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 9, 2017
Company really cares about the patients. Good benefits for the employees. Beautiful facilities. Management is approachable. Focus on being a highly reliable organization.
fast paced environment
Registered Nurse - Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 9, 2017
fast paced environment
excellent team work (day shift)
poor consistency between day and night shift teamwork
mediocre health insurance
excessively strict attendance policy (ie - nurses basically not allowed to get sick themselves)
Needs better management.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 22, 2017
Way too much work for one person when I was there. One person shouldn't be responsible for 15+ people. That's when accidents happen and people get hurt. Better management and more staff could maybe solve that problem.
enjoyment
Registered nurse/Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Owensboro Health Regional Hospital. I developed great skills to advance my career and developed several opportunities to become a better nurse through challenges presented.
Good job experience
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 30, 2017
Love the job experience you get. The staff is friendly and they offer you a lot of knowledge. They are always willing to let you experience things hands on.
ugh
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 24, 2017
This was a great place to work for a long time. Things has seemed to go down hill every since our new ceo and manager has taken over. I will remain prn when I find a new job
Productive and Fun work enviroment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 18, 2017
A wonderful place to work, there was always support and help. the management cared about all employees.
Safety was a main goal spoke of daily. As a CNA I took care of 6 patience with activities of daily living.
Pros
CNA and RN ratio to patience was conducive to an excellent work enviroment.
Cons
Little over time allowed.
E.D. Technician (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 11, 2017
Typical day is having a busy days. I enjoy the work that I do. I am just wanting to venture out and try something new. I love trying new things an would love to see what the future had in store
Pros
job security
Cons
Not enough days off; everyday schdeule
Good Job!
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 12, 2017
• Cater 3+ meals a day to the sick and injured.
• Take orders specifically to each patient’s diet based on their health.
• Clean kitchen to health standards.