Owensboro Health Employee Reviews

Great Place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 27, 2017
Loved working there. Everyone is friendly, work as a family. Working all have patients as number one priority. They are very understanding when it come to family and work.
Pros
Understanding
Cons
Strick
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 2, 2017
Love working at the hospital. Great work place if you like helping others and working as a team. Its fast paced and you better be ready to work when you get to work.
Good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 17, 2017
It was a good place to work, they provided tuition reimbursement which gave me a pathway to my career.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the public at times.
Super Political
Help Desk Technician II (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 8, 2017
Owensboro Health has to be one of the most political organizations out there. It's all about "WHO YOU KNOW" to climb the social ladder of this organization. If you don't know any of the staff members prior to joining the team, expect no advancement or a demotion whenever upper management hires their "buddy".

Completed all EPIC certifications during my promotion. Upper management ended up demoting me right after I received my master certification in EPIC. Only 2 people received this certification and I was one of them. That should tell you a little bit about the culture of OH.
Pros
Nice health benefits, decent hours
Cons
Favoritisim
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 9, 2017
I enjoy my job the only downfall is working on the phone all day and not having one on one contact with people. I have a way with angry people that make them respond in a positive way
Fun
Patient Registration Rep (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMay 8, 2017
Great Job! Great place to work! Wonderful benefits and outstanding management. Hard to advance to higher position. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive
great place to work
Supervisor Volunteers and Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 7, 2017
Owensboro Health is a great organization. It is a place that makes you feel like you are at home when you are going to work. I never dread clocking in each day.
Great team focused patient care
IT Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 1, 2017
Great team focused patient care. Great upper management that cares about the workers and keeps the patient first. Good pay, good benefits, and good hours.
Overall a good place to work
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 19, 2017
Good day to day operations. Good caring nurses work here. Challenging environment. Pay and benefits competitive. Needs better communication to employees.
good place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 15, 2017
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital is a great place to work. I love the people I work with. It gets busy from time to time but it makes the day go by fast.
very buisy and helpful place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 14, 2017
long days of work but most of the time was rewarding because you know you helped that person, whether it was a bath you just gave them or a listening ear or put a smile on their face somehow you know you help that patient out to day and it makes you feel good. i love helping other people out.hardest part of the work is seeing people in pain and you cant help them with that.
Pros
get to work in the hospital
Cons
long days
Company is insensitive to your opinion, logic, and dedication.
Service Desk Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 24, 2017
Management here expects you to be certified in areas that are not relevant to work as a service desk agent and expects you to pay for your own training. If you fail to pass your irrelevant certification as it applies to the service desk, you will be terminated.
Innovative
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 11, 2017
Owensboro health is constantly growing and improving its business practices to better serve its community. i would recommend this company for future HCA members.
Poor management and no respect for people
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 30, 2016
I worked here for a short time. Some of the people are nice but mostly two faced. They have no problem with workers degrading individuals with intellectual disabilities and gossiping about other coworkers. The environment is comparable to a "Highschool" mentality. Some supervisors have their favorites and they are showed favoritism. They speak poorly of the patients and call them "repeat offenders". It's ridiculous and ignorant.
Pros
I'm not there.
Cons
Unprofessional environment, No Respect, Favortism
Fast growing non- profit healthcare organization
Analyst III/Manager Benefits (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 30, 2016
Ever changing duties makes the position interesting and fun. As the organization grows, we are constantly looking for new and better ways to perform our jobs and for cost savings. Management is willing to let us work from home to complete projects. Co-workers chip in when needed. One of the most challenging things is keeping up with government requirements but that leads to learning new things.
Pros
Great group of employees to work with
Cons
not enough time in the day to accomplish tasks
Excellent Health Care System with Engaged Management and Staff
Director of Laboratory Services (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 31, 2016
I worked at Owensboro Health for nearly a decade. I was proud to be part of the planning and establishment of the new facility. It is one of the best hospitals in the country for patients, guests, and staff.

Salaries are competitive to excellent for the region. The facility is stable and has excellent senior leadership, There was a recently corrected poor hire at the CEO level by the governing board. The current CEO is excellent and will repair any temporary damage promptly. He is surrounded by a superb administrative team.

I enjoyed my time there and always felt my work was meaningful and appreciated. Our staff in my department was committed to quality and patient-centered care. I highly recommend this organization.
Pros
Wages, Working Conditions, Stability, Market Penetration, Leadership
Racist Company
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 4, 2016
Overall population of employees are 99% white. I rarely see any minorities workers. I work closely with HR department, and they pick over skilled, educated African Americans for less experience whites. Maybe all the experience here is great if you are white skin. How sad they call themselves an equal opportunity place, and have 99% ratio of all white staff..sad as he'll. That's why I quit.
Pros
Cons
Racist work ethics.
Professionally Rewarding
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 22, 2016
Owensboro Health, Inc. is a values based organization that exists to heal the sick and improve the health of the communities it serves. I took a position here (which is home) in order to reintegrate with my family, having been separated from them for 16 months while serving on active duty in the Army in Germany. I met every goal except for salary, which is below my target. However, I am preparing to take additional healthcare related courses to enhance my knowledge and burnish my credentials. I do have the opportunity to advance in this great organization.
Pros
Steady Work Hours
Cons
Salary
Good people and well respected
Enterprise Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 2, 2015
Overall good group of people work in the IT department. Well educated group with overall respect for everyone. Seems to have an equal opportunity to excel and no favoritism.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant ValleyAugust 30, 2015
My experience has not been very good. It all depends where you work in the hospital. Management doesn't care about the employees. Department I worked in talked badly about employees in front of other employees and made fun of some employees. Not very professional or mature. I felt like I was back in elementary school working with these nurses. Never felt apart of the team because there weren't any teams that I could see. Understaffed and overworked. Advancement is only offered to those who do not work. If you get hurt or sick, don't take off work because management would make it hard on you when you come back or hire someone to take your place and you wouldn't get to come back. Mgmt doesn't care about employees or their patients. Why do you think management won't send their families to this hospital. Not a disgruntled ... just the facts!
Pros
It was a job