Oxford & Associates Employee Reviews

Challenging, interesting client assignment.
Lead .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Client location was in Peabody MA.June 21, 2017
As a consultant working for Oxford Associates, I had the opportunity to work with the Boston office staff while on a client engagement.

The office culture at the client sire was relaxed, but professional.

The commute was arduous - South Shore to North Shore across congested Boston highways.

The design work was most enjoyable - I have always been interested in reducing mundane, repetitive staff work by creating software tools taht do that tedious work instead.
Pros
Friendly, respectful staff eager to collaborate.
Cons
Commute.
Oxford review
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAApril 15, 2017
Overall, wish i wouldnt have worked there. 3 weeks after i started with Oxford, the company had big layoffs, letting go over 125 employees. The grass is always greener, when you don't know you've just stepped into a pile.
Great starting job
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 27, 2017
Was first job out of college and a great starting place in the staffing industry. Very fast paced environment, but one that presents you with many situations that help down the line.
Pros
Good entry level job
Cons
Low starting salary
very good recruiting opportunity
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 12, 2017
Oxford was great to work for. They have solid leadership, and good companies thrive from the top down. It was a very good experience overall and I would encourage recruiters and Account Managers to explore potentially working here.
Great Account Management / Recruiting Team!!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2017
I worked for Oxford as a consultant for over 2 years. They were excellent on follow up, and were willing to re-negotiate my rate based on the level of responsibilities and performance. When current contract was nearing end, they were quick to place me on my next assignment.
Pros
Great rate / occassional free lunches
Cons
Medical benefits were OK.... not great
A very small Company
Account Manager - Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 30, 2015
Oxford is a very small company. There is a lot of pressure from the start and they were laying off people. My co-workers were great! It was my first job in staffing and I did not the proper training.
A solid placement company for contractors.
Software Engineer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 25, 2015
I worked for Oxford for 3 years at an account. The bottom line is I am an older worker, they pretty much left me alone and paid me on time. I was able to reach them when I needed assistance and felt they were being straight with me. I would work for them again.
Pros
Paid on time, did not micromanage me.
Cons
no cons
Great Temporary Work
Change Analyst/BA IV at PNC Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Dayton/Cincinnati areasFebruary 19, 2015
Great people to work for, there for your every need. Never any issues with pay or time off. Benefits were also great. Management never really evident in your everyday work. Always provided a great work environment, matched people with the jobs.
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
Not really any!
Oxford placed me with a client whose requirements closely matched my skills.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2014
Oxford placed me with a client whose requirements closely matched my skills.

I had the opportunity with the client to write, rewrite, and edit specifications from developer notes and interviews. I created block and flow diagrams from sketches. I created a Word template for the main document on which I worked, and I helped other developers apply the template to their documents. In short, I had the chance to do a little bit of everything, and that was a joy.

Mostly I worked with employees of the client. I had little contact with other Oxford employees, other than with my recruiter and the account manager who handled the client, and they were always promptly responsive to any questions that I had.

The contract was for a specific project, my part of which came to an end in October 2014, which explains the low "Job Security/Advancement" rating.

I would gladly work for Oxford & Associates again.
Good for recent grads - a waste of time for more experienced professionals
IT Recruiter / Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 10, 2014
You can learn some solid basics on overall recruiting processes however a lot of the companies outdated ideas and concepts will prove detrimental to your own financial goals. Most of the long work day is spent interviewing candidates to add their information to a database for the benefit of the company, not working on any actual jobs. A lot of "smoke and mirrors" sales techniques enforced throughout the company. Management is pretty far removed from day to day office activities. In short, if you just graduated from college and need a job this is a fine place to start in the world of recruiting. If you have anything over 2-3 years of experience already and want to make real money then this is not the place to be.
Pros
Nice, new office with large conference rooms. Good basic process info.
Cons
Long work hours, poor upper management, low commission structures and base pay
Good at finding high-level assignments
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 16, 2014
Over all the recruiters are good at what they do.
You will be working at a client location as a consultant. They will try to find a good match for you if possible.
Solid firm with a fun group of folks
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 17, 2013
a daily routine at Oxford & Associates is pretty much a split between maintaining strong relationships with consultants I have already met and also unearthing new talent by way of forging new relationships and relying on referrals too from the people I have worked hard to meet thru the past few years.

A major reason why I feel good about the success I have achieved to date is that I have managed to meet people and forge good rapports with many talented folks long before they are poised to make a move. I have learned that being pro-active at all times gives myself - and more importantly our organization - a solid advantage when it comes time to meet the ever-evolving needs of a client.

Equally important is the fact that when someone is finally looking to make a move, I might very well be someone they will call atop their list of recruiters they can trust to help them advance their careers. In short, I'm never just calling new consultants to quickly fill a job. By being pro-active, I'm a step ahead of the game, and with a solid base of people I have taken the time to truly know, I can swiftly react to both the needs of a client as well as the needs of our consultants once either side is ready to make a move.

By networking and listening to the needs of both or consultants and our clients, not a day goes by that I do not learn something new and exciting about the recruiting and sales industry. Every day brings a new challenge, and with it inevitably a new lesson learned.

I pride myself on not just relying hitting the phones but also on taking the time to meet all the consultants
  more... early on. If they can't make it into our Norwalk office, I will gladly attend an event to meet up with them or join them for a cup of coffee anywhere they would like. It's about flexibility, enthusiasm, and determination when it comes to finding the right talent. That is what I truly believe.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people land in a place that they truly enjoy, working in a good culture and performing the responsibilities that best match their top skills. There are no quick fixes in my eyes, it's all about taking the time to truly making it work for both the consultant as well as the client.

The hardest part would be just narrowly missing out on matching the ideal consultant with their ideal role. Timing is everything, and sometimes folks land somewhere else a few moments before a great new opportunity crosses our desks for them. It's a part of the business, so I have to keep moving onto the next task at hand. Consistency and not resting on one big deal or one big month is everything, another key lesson I have learned.
Pros
the opportunity that each day presents, be it a new opportunity to work on, a new client to help, or most importantly, a new consultant to help make happy by way of a great new role that we have to offer.
Cons
limited marketplace (strictly ct and ny), limited upward mobility
run
Regional Administrative Assistant to the VP (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 5, 2012
don't ever work here- blemish on your resume
VPs are terrible and out of touch
the AM and recruiters are terrible
pay stinks, yucky place
Pros
they pay you for your work
Cons
everything- ask anyone
They work for Their Consultants
Consultant Senior Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAJuly 16, 2012
They work for Their Consultants, they try to keep them at a client site.
great place to learn and work hard
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAMay 17, 2012
a lot of income potential. Great place to start a recruiting career.
Consulting firm specializing in Software and Hardware
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2012
Day to day includes visiting new and previous clients, gaining new insight into the marketplace hiring trends