Oxford Health and Rehab

Working at Oxford Health and Rehab: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

My residents made it worth the stay.

Working at OHR is somewhat a blessing and curse. You’re blessed to be working at one of the highest paying facilities in North Mississippi but the lack of respect this facility offers is unbelievable. The administrator even voiced that he doesn’t talk to CNAs directly. Now I understand there’s a chain of command but there is also a way to talk to people respectfully and that facility treats the CNAs like the red head step child. But the residents have a way of making CNAs feel like gold and that sometimes can out weigh the lack of respect from others.

Cons

Entire Administration

Great place to work with great team mates!

Ample time given to staff for attending the needs of our residents. Much respect given from superiors. Great leadership from top to bottom. Flexible scheduling to allow for a great work/home life balance.

Oxford Health and Rehab insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Could be better

Love the patients. Pay is moderate but should be more because of the covid 19 pandemic. Only $11.75, $13.75 evening, after 11pm your paid $14.75. Never got any sort of hazardous pay or bonus. Need more workers. Sometimes have only 2 CNA for 40 plus patients. Benefits like insurance should be free. Need the Mon-Fri and Baylor shift back.

Pros

The patients

Cons

12 hour shift, pay, management, benefits

I like it here most of the time

I love this facility but you really have to have a great mental state of mind to work here. You have to stay on top of your job 24/7, luckily I have people here to help me with half of my work.

The residents are awesome

The residents are awesome and some staff but too many people want to be in charge. Some of the people who work there will help out where some would not

Not a good place to work .

They have a good pay rate, but the management is very very poor. They do not have enough CNA's to do all the clients and the good CNA's are worked to death. And if you try to give suggestions on how things can be better to help the CNA's You are a problem or a disruption. Management is not respectful at all.

Not a good place to start

Upper management doesn't care about you at all. You could be dedicated and still get their back shoulder! The work is over barring and it's always short. Will bring you down physically and mentally

Good place to work.

Enjoyed working. Provided quality care. Teamwork. Schedule fit my needs. Enjoyed co-workers, worked together to get the job done. Made to work at a fast pass.

Pros

Schedule, co-workers helpful

Worse place I’ve ever worked at.

Management sucks. The co workers sucks. They’re both are very horrible. I wouldn’t recommend anybody to work at this place. They choose who they favorites are! It’s not a fair work environment. The workers that’s been there for years, get to do whatever they want to do. The nurses sucks! They pick on the NEW PEOPKE for no reason that’s why they can’t NEVER KEEP NOBODY. I say this place needs a lot of improvement.

Great nursing experience

Great place to learn bedside nursing skills but poorly managed due to being understaffed. Was a good job to started right out of nursing school. Decent benefits.

Fun work place

Assist patients with daily activities. Getting patient dress, sitting and coloring with patient, playing games with patient, having patients who want let anyone but you help them.

Pros

flexible hours, overtime allowed, weekend program

Cons

short breaks, short staff

I learned a lot while working here but I would not go back

The administrator and the DON are very attentive and caring about what goes on in the facility. The patients are taken care of properly but the staffing is not what it should be. We were constantly out of the supplies needed to do our jobs. My salary was well below the other salaries at this facility and other facilities like this one.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Salary, my immediate supervisor made me feel unimportant

It was an ok place to work

Management wasnt concerned about the employees that much. You have to partner and have a buddy system to carry the workload. Alot of CNA's would hide to keep from doing patient care. The dedicated workers were left to handle patients that they were not assigned to. Quite often our checks would be short. They have a Baylor Program. Its weekend twelve hour shift. When the program ws first introduce, the starting pay was 12/hr. They reduced it without warning, then some people quit. The ones who stayed negotiated a rate of pay that was satisactory.

Pros

relaxed Atmospere

Cons

Poor nurse management, mistakes on paycheck too often

Enjoyable place to work

Fast pace environment but there is time to spend with the residents which is the most rewarding aspect of my job. You are allowed to take time off when needed and able to balance your work with home.

Productive & loving environment

taking care of residents, learned great time management skills, hardest part of the job is holding a residents hand in the final hours & watching them go to their eternal home & having to adapt to them being gone, most enjoyable part of the job is getting to help such wonderful residents & be of service to them

Pros

wonderful environment, staff, & most of all residents, great work schedule

Unsatisfactory

I've been a dependable employee at this facility for over three years, and they continue to hire new CNAs at a higher base pay than what I'm getting. The management is NOT at all understanding about sick days, even when you have the flu and a doctors' note. I once worked a whole 12 hour shift in a mask because I was diagnosed with strep throat and I was told I couldn't go home until I could find someone to cover 12 hours for me on a Sunday (obviously nobody). I was once threatened by another CNA that I was "about to get slapped" in front of the lead CNA and an RN supervisor, and nothing was done. The turnover rate is insane because morale is so low. CNAs have the most hands-on time with patients, but we get BY FAR the least respect and the least compensation. The only things I enjoy about this job are a select few CNAs I've become friends with, and a few residents I've grown to really love.

Pros

A very small amount of people I enjoy spending time with

Cons

Short breaks, no respect from management, CONSTANT understaffing, TERRIBLE and inconsistent pay

Very challenging.

It was a great place to work. I love all my elders and enjoyed working with diff types of people. Got to meet new people from all over the world and from all types of places.

Pros

Great hours

Cons

Short staffed

Productive and Inclusive

I have enjoyed working at Oxford Health and Rehab. I meet a lot of nice families and enjoyed the wisdom of older adults. Sometimes the staff is short for CNA's and it requires a lot of hard working,

Needs work

NEEDS WORK! No team work. No hard work. No love for their jobs. Emotionally exhausting environment. Has the potential to be a great facility. When someone comes in and makes a good environment for the employees it will run so much better!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxford Health and Rehab. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits