Oxford Solutions Employee Reviews

See reviews about
Contract work
Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2018
Designed prints for the repair design of the refractory tap holes to prevent gas leaks. Was a 6 month contract position, with onsite revisions made to prints.
Data Analyst
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2018
I was a contract data analyst for Oxford Solutions. I really liked the job and working with Oxford Solutions. I cleaned data and wrote SQL queries for scientific research projects.
Only work thru
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2017
My review has more to do with where Oxford placed me.
i do not work for Oxford. At Taylor & Winfield it is a relaxed but heavy load work and support to the project.
Cyber company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
I worked here for two years and really enjoyed it. The management were very good at allowing a flexible work environment. They are well financed and the CEO and some sales people with strong relationships have done a great job with growing the company.

I had to leave for personal reasons.
Pros
Free lunch everyday; smart people
Cons
The growth led to some growing pains with the company
Great Place to work and grow
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2016
Oxford has given me an excellent opportunity that I would not have had exposure to otherwise.
Management is one of the best teams I've ever worked for, they're constantly pushing you to be better and to grow and learn.
The hardest part of the job is pushing through hard times in the market- slumps and lows are extremely common.
Most enjoyable part is being able to bring people to jobs they've always wanted and connecting people with excellent opportunities. OS works with amazing companies so it's never a hard sell.
Pros
Fresh Fruit, lots of training and mentorship
Cons
the work is emotionally taxing at times.
This cybersecurity company is getting it all wrong
Engineer (Current Employee) –  MelvilleDecember 21, 2015
The absolute worst company I've ever worked at. Upper management is an old school has-been team trying to make its way in technology by bullying customers into buying their service.

The CEO was originally hired as a bartender and has absolutely no managing capability. Also, no one trusts a word he says. And when he's wrong he won't admit it, yet he screams and acts like a big baby when others make mistakes.

We only have 20 or so employees, but they say we have over 60. If you look on LinkedIn, they only have 18 who say they're from Oxford.

They fire people for no reason, putting folks in difficult situations after they just left a recent job that they were at for years.

There really is very little that's good about this place. Anyone considering coming onboard, beware. You've been warned!
Pros
Powerful, well funded, politically connected
Cons
See above review. Absolutely horrible place to work. I will be gone after the holidays.
Do your homework before choosing to work as a recruiter...
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of getting into the office by 8:00am (earlier if you weren't hitting your goals) and working until after 5:30 pm (you should be the last one to leave if you are not hitting your goals). In between that time, you spend most of your time making cold calls to candidates on job boards where they have already been contacted by someone from another company or your own company since Oxford did not have enough licenses for Monster, DICE, etc. 150+ phone calls in a day was average. You needed 3 submittals per day and anything less was frowned upon. Management on the IT side was terrible. Micromanaged the heck out of you! Played mind games and overall just scum. The hardest part of the job was coming in to work everyday.

The coworkers was something that was enjoyable for the most part. The people on the engineering side were very friendly and I enjoyed most of my fellow recruiters. You will learn things there especially if you are just starting into the HR field and want to become a recruiter. I don't regret my decision to work in staffing, but there are other companies that are more ethical that you can choose to work for.
Pros
Able to obtain entry level HR experience if you want to break into that field.
Cons
Long hours, unreasonable goals, terrible IT Account Manager
Great guys here
Electrical Designer/CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2015
not much can be said about engineering/design recruiters...but this place had a group of dedicated people that are about aligning potential with productivity.

They are professional, courteous, and extremely understanding.

The only down side is that it is hard to develop individual attachment as you are out of the office and on assignment where placed. Same could be said for advancement opportunity, as you would be a contracted employee. It's go direct or bust, literally.
Pros
Nice people, decent work assignments
Cons
No room for upward mobility
Top notch. Placement professionals are great to work with.
Project Manager/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2014
8:00AM to 5:00 PM
Placement in challenging positions
Find go firms to place professionals
Pros
Placement at better than average rates
Cons
Would like longer term placements
this place was a good staffing place to work
Project Manager/Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 4, 2012
This place was a good staffing place to work
What they told me upfront did take place
I was informed when the company i worked for offered me a Permanent position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxford Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about