Ozanam Hall

Working at Ozanam Hall: 47 Reviews

United States47 reviews

hallresidentnursingnicecareexperiencestaffhard

Busy workplace

Wonderful coworkers. Happy environment supportive management. Very busy great teamwork . Opportunity to grow very challenging and satisfying. Nice to help residents.

Pros

Caring

Cons

Busy

June 17, 2022
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at Ozanam Hall. Thank you for serving on our team!

Nothing great about them

Patient to nurse ratio is 50:1….. very bad! You are over worked and unable to really take care of the patient, just push meds. Unsafe for patient and nurse

Ozanam Hall insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Work Place

Working with such dedicated and professionals make my job easy and always a pleasure to come to work. The experience I have achieved here has added to my field of expertise.

Pros

always a pleasure to come to work.

Cons

Parking is limited

Horrible place to work

The department sucks, the management sucks. They dont work as a team, every man for themselves. Full timers get away with a lot and its put on the part timers. I was miserable there and it scarred me to work in any other nursing home. The nuns are evil and dont care for anyone but themselves. They get a 5 star meal every night while we cook garbage food for the residents. I feel bad for those living there. I would never suggest anyone put a loved one in there. They over work you and no benefits. RUN AWAY

Respect for Residents

The care given on each floor to the residents by the entire staff. Fron the RN's and CNA's to the food service people and porters. The care is first class. Working with the staff is great.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

short breaks

March 29, 2022
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at Ozanam Hall. Thank you for serving on our team with us!

Beautiful place. To work friendly place

I been working there for 20 years nice place to work I love my job did my experience there like a certified nursing assistant this company is a catholic place but they take any residence don't matter the religion. Very good place to work I had no experience and they gave me a chance to prove them am good at what I do am very caring person I love doing my work helping residence in they needs. We have dogs cats and birds in the facility and the residence love them they get happy when they see them is good therapy for them

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Productive fast pace place b

Productive fast pace places there many rule and Policies to protect Employees and residents at the home living assistance nursing home it’s has it pro and con like any other places but it definitely eye opening Experience on life …

Don’t know where to begin

CNAs are overworked and underpaid! There’s always a staffing problem so you end up overloaded with Residents and end up running back and forth the entire shift. And because of that sometimes it’s hard to take your break or even stop to use the bathroom (even though they “try to enforce” taking your breaks but how are you supposed to when you have so many Residents to tend to?), and when you aren’t able to take your breaks it’s a hassle to get them to pay you for the break. Some nurses are helpful and will step in when we are under staffed but majority are not helpful and only bark orders and expect tasks to be done right away, sometimes won’t even go to respond to call bell when CNAs are preoccupied and would instead wait until they see you in the hall ways to point out ringing call light. The Managemnt team is not the best especially the HR rep, I did not feel as of anyone had my interest at heart. However, I had no issues with the individuals responsible for payroll and scheduling. The best part about the job was some of the very helpful and willing coworkers and some of the Residents as well as gaining the experience. I enjoyed being able to help the Residents and feeling like I made a positive impact on their day.

Pros

The job experience, the feeling of being in a job where you’re helping people and the other helpful CNAs

Cons

CNAs are over worked and under paid, Managemant

June 15, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience as an employee at Ozanam Hall. At our community, all our team members are appreciated and valued - we are sorry if you feel differently. Please reach out to Human Resources at (718) 423-2000 to talk more about your experience.

Family environment

Loved working here. Coworkers are amazing. Management is helpful. Pay and benefits are excellent. Job is hard, and your on your feet all day, but it is worth it.

Pros

Free meals, pay

Cons

Short breaks

May 10, 2021
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at Ozanam Hall. Thank you for serving on our team with us and loving it!

They gave me the experience I needed.

When I worked there in the late 1980's to early 1990's it was a good and caring environment, the residents were well taken care of and the nuns took care of the needs of patients making sure that they had proper clothing and personal items especially for those that didn't have much and no family members visiting. The recreational activities were good for those that can take part, example music, the chapel and their spiritual needs were met.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Too much work to cover in one shift. Not enough time to give to each resident.

May 4, 2021
We appreciate your feedback and are grateful for your time and experience at Ozanam Hall. If you have the time, please contact our community to share additional feedback on how we could have achieved a higher rating. Thank you for your service on our team!

The environment is clean

The pay is low compared to other places and a lot of cut backs are taking place now because of the pandemic..It used to be a good decent place to work at but not anymore

Pros

Clean environment, nice area

Cons

Cutting hours, low pay, no lunch pay, the food given is garbage

Social Worker

Though my time there as a SW was a bit short and complicated especially because of COVID-19, but I do cherish every moment spent at the facility and I’m certainly grateful for the supervision I’ve received there. The social work team is amazing! The director knows her stuff and is very supportive and reliable. She takes her time to teach you not just for the moment but for life. She does have high expectations but walks with you every step of the way and will ensure you surpass her expectations and reach your highest potential. The secretary is on point! She does make everyone’s job easier, I really appreciate her. The Social workers are very reliable, very supportive to one another. They all have skills that they contribute to the department that makes the whole department successful. I have nothing but good things to say about the social work team! I definitely miss them and as I get ready to embark new journeys, I personally thank the whole team for their contributions to my grow which I will definitely cherish throughout my career! I do appreciate the administrative staff (especially the CEO and the head of administration) for their support, especially academically. They made a promise during my interview and they kept it! I do appreciate their integrity and mission!

Social work intern

The experience I had as a social work intern at Ozanam Hall was exceptional. The social work Director was approachable, supportive and compassionate, you can tell she loves what she does. What I learned there has allowed me to enter the world of social work in a nursing home with all the knowledge I need to be successful. The rehab social worker who supervised me, took the time and effort to teach me everything I needed to know. The facility itself is immaculate and its very noticeable how well taken care of the residents are. You feel welcome when you enter the facility, everyone is so friendly and kind. You can tell the food is cooked with love. If I did not move I would have taken a job here in a heartbeat.

Pros

Free lunches, immaculate facility, nice location

Cons

The mission, "The Difference is Love"

Working at Ozanam gives me the opportunity to see that it is not only a job. I have to words to describe my experience at Ozanam, one is " Family" and the second is "Compassion". All employees are part of the home's mission " The Difference is Love".I can feel it when I see our dedicated staff taking care of our elderly and frail residents, like they would their own families. I can also feel the mission coming to life by always being able to find a co-worker ready to help me when I need it and they are ready to give me their support. I am proud to be part of this wonderful community in which you can really feel " The Difference is Love".

Pros

Healthcare and benefits are excellent.

August 11, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience at Ozanam Hall Nursing Home of Queens. We love that when you think of our community, you think of family and compassion. All of our employees contribute to our mission, and we are so glad that you agree! Thank you for serving on our team.

The worst

Ozanam is the worst place to work in the world. Management gets away with murder because they are all friends with each other. You can go to HR on a supervisor or manager and nothing ever happens. They cut hours so now everyone is working extra hard. They are putting other jobs on you while you're doing your own job. The director of the kitchen speaks to her employee like they are dirt on the bottom of her shoe. She's nasty and rude and puts down her own supervisors in front of the workers. You can tell who she likes and who she doesn't like by the way she treats them. You can tell who her favorites are by how she says hello and gives kisses on the cheek. You can complain to the director about any other employee and she does nothing about it. You can warn her that it might turn ugly and she still will do nothing about it. The nuns that run the place have no idea how evil the kitchen director is because she gives them a good show. She became a director and ruined the whole department. We all worked hard during the pandemic and we had a supervisor who was barely there. When she came back, she returned with an attitude and started writing people up. This is the same supervisor that doesn't know the difference between her right and her left. She abandons her job all the times to handle personal things like walk her dog. So when we are looking for a supervisor, she is never around. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

August 11, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience. We are sorry that you feel this way about working at our community. At Ozanam Hall Nursing Home of Queens, all of our employees are appreciated and valued – our sincere apologies if you felt differently. Please understand that we value your perspective on this role and do not take your feedback lightly. If you would like to continue this discussion offline, we encourage you to reach out to Human Resources at (718) 423-2000.

Work with residents and food.

Caring place. Great workplace with an amazing team. Catholic nursing and rehabilitation center for the elderly. A lot of room for growth,working here.

Excellent place to work if you take pride in quality and high standards.

Ozanam Hall offers much more than just a good paycheck. You become part of a family that will be there for you through thick or thin. Ozanam holds their employees to high standards that is reflected in the care given to the residents and patients. You work hard and are generously compensated.

Joyful

ozaman hall is like your home. aday on the joy is like home when you no you go to work. to help people accomplice there goals. On the job i.learn to be very compassionate. Management. are so respectful. The culture is bilíngual the haddest part is tryingh to do some thing good and it never hapen

Excellent place to work if you take pride in quality and high standards.

I loved working there

I use to work there and I loved the job and the residents are very friendly and the companions are nice my job I couldn’t wait to go to work I looked forward to going everyday even on my days off I would work hard every day to make sure everything was right I took my time was working there for 3 1/2 years until I had an accident and they told me I couldn’t come back they wanted me to come back earlier than supposed to so when I was ready to go back they told me I couldn’t come back

Beautiful and clean environment to live in

Very nice 👍🏼 place to work most staff will help you out nurses are ok I get along with everyone. They do have a wide variety of different cultures working there, management is ok I think they should look out more for there staff nothing beats a healthy working environment. The most challenging part of the job to me is to get those residents out of bed they been working all there lives it’s time to rest

Common questions about Ozanam Hall

Answered by current and former employees at Ozanam Hall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ozanam Hall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits