Ozark Motor Lines Employee Reviews

ozark is a good place to work
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Ozark. I had a great dispatcher who kept me rolling. upper management was very easy to work with. pay was decent for dry box. you wont get rich but you'll get by.insurance was decent, it was through United health
Pros
good people
Cons
its trucking
Great Company Great People Excellent Equipment
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2019
As good as it gets !!! Top of the line trucking company. Very laid back staff & employees. Family atmosphere.Great owners & management. Home weekly & often times through the week. Mostly eastern 2/3 of the US is where they operate. Good loyal customer base. FedEx loads & International Paper are their main source of freight.
I loved my short time with them.. Had I not had previous neck injury problems, I`d still be working there. I had found an honest trucking company that felt like family & planned on retiring from there.. I miss them !!!
Pros
Family atmosphere Great staff & employees, excellent equipment
Best place to work if OTR or Regional
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2019
In 32 years of commercial driving, Ozark was by far one if the best. I would have stayed but had to leave due to family issues at home that had nothing to do with Ozark. If you do your job and don't get tickets they leave you alone. They get you home on time and their home time is second to none. Equipment is very well maintained and they will fix anything that needs fixing. If you tell your dispatcher how many miles you expect to get weekly, they bend over backwards to accommodate you. Lay over if you get there early and can't deliver. They treat you with respect and do what they promise.
Good company if you really want to drive
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2019
I'm new to Ozark, haven't experienced any major issues with the company yet, dispatch keeps me rolling so I have no complaints. I would not recommend Ozark to anyone fresh out of trucking school, Ozark is a fast paced company, if you don't understand how your logs work or how to manage time wisely or read a map Ozark isn't for you. They will not hold your hand. Their GPS does need an upgrade, however, it forces you to think & learn the highways & interstates. Trucks are maintained well, if you reside in Memphis you may be routed through occasionally. Fedex runs aren't bad but demand on time deliveries & adequate time is given. Night dispatch isn't good at giving information so know what you need to know before 5pm and the weekend. They do have cameras in the trucks but it doesn't bother me much anymore. Company receives annual raises. Home time is what you request, they will work with you & anything you have going on.
Pros
Good Equipment & steady miles
Cons
Cameras & GPS system
No cultural, no laughter
Permit & Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  TNNovember 5, 2018
I took a position that was a new position created. I basically had to train myself and do my own research to locate emails, etc. No one hardly spoke to each other. I had better relationships with my contacts outside of Ozark that I had to work with or communicate with to process the files, titles, insurance and EZ Passes.

After I had worked hard and diligently bringing everything up to par my job was divided up among others (this is what I was told).
Pros
bonuses quarterly
Cons
very cold atmosphere
Very understanding
Driver, long haul (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38118October 29, 2018
The company has been understanding and tolerant of mistakes while I learned truck driving. When I really needed a specific day off fleet manager took care of it for me.
Pros
Terminal has free laundry, showers, wifi. Shop is excellent at maintance.
Cons
FedEx runs are usually at night
Overall great company
Customer Service & Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 9, 2018
Very satisfied with Ozark Motor Lines....great company to work for. I loved the structured environment it provided. Simply do your job and be professional while doing so.
Pros
Smaller company
On Road Service Management
On Road Breakdown Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2018
Nothing nice to say about this Company
Self-Serve Management style
Service is 30 years behine times and nothing is going to change
Most Management has less than GED
Company has no Structure
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
same
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2018
I love Ozark, but OTR is rough sometimes. Long hours, and away from home for weeks on end. However, if you live near one of their terminals, I would DEFINITELY recommend them. I live about 3 hours away from the closest terminal in Lenoir, NC. So I never come through home, and that can lead to problems with family/friends. This is a great company, I can barely think of any cons on the behalf of Ozark.
Pros
Equipment, Management, Overnight FedEx runs, Good Culture
Cons
None that I can think of on the behalf of the company.
Good people, poor accounts
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2018
Was treated well, but the pay just was not there. Gone a week at a time with weekends home. Due to accounts that were either new or not the best, keeping the wheels moving was difficult.
Pros
good people
Cons
poor pay
Too much bad
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 30, 2018
They will send you on loads they know take 5+ hours to unload. They dont pay you for that either, no detention pay, no dock fee ect. Many 250 mile loads, well that is all they pay you for, it's actually way more miles, but drive 250 miles then sit 6 hours at a dock.
Probably the best truck driving job I ever had
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2018
Good company . Especially if you get a dedicated route. I was bringing home about 1000.00 a week . Very good equipment . Dispatchers actually listen to you .
Pros
Good pay and equipment
Cons
Cameras in truck watching drivers all the time
When I saw their ad, I should've known better....
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 18, 2018
Their ad said local driver M-F 9-6,OK I said. When I got to orientation that was again said. What wasn't mentioned was the forced BS DOT physical that they keep saying its not needed. Then I get back to Springfield to well we didn't really need someone right now we'll just have to find stuff. Come month 2 it's now you're going to work late evening and if you don't like it then resign.... Then it was well now we don't need it how about OTR. Oh and the lies on benefits and pay are bad. They said on the phone and in emails which I still have anything other than local was. 43pm then it was nope hourly and they said benefits for you were covered. Nope
Pros
My dispatcher
Cons
Where to start
Ugh
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2018
Ozark pay was low as whale turds and they are at the bottom of the ocean...... If you did not do your time on the road, you were not going to get your time off. . . . . .
Pros
Training program
Cons
How do you say. EVERYTHING
Non employee oriented Headquarters.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 15, 2017
Was a very easy job but yet still made stressful by employers. Some inefficient planning of deliveries and schedules. Poor local equipment. Worked there 12 years. Did all tasks no one else wanted to do. Volunteered for overtime consistently. Had health issues. I feel like I was just hung out to dry by company.
Pros
Flexible break time. Decent Pay after 10 years.
Cons
Poor local equipment.
Best place ever
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2017
I loved Ozark they are very friendly the only reason I am not with them was because I had 3 tickets other them that I had a great time at Ozark I don't have any bad report on them
good place to work
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company. It was very fair to me and treated me with the respect I deserved. Being an over the road truck driver is rough for a family but this company is worth it.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
being away from home
Enjoyed time there
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2017
Started in 2004 terminal in Evansville IN owners had open door policy would take of any problems good runs but after 2008 changed their delivery lanes and I wanted to run coast to coast.
Pros
Management and co-drivers
Cons
Shorter runs
Open door to management when needed
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2017
More drop and hook loads than live unload.
Many Federal Express loads.
A typical day at work is like any truck driving job.
I like this company and would stay except that they are going to start using electronic logs on all their trucks on August 1, 2017. I am not going to drive a truck with electronic logs.I got more money per mile about every year. I even got 2 weeks vacation after 5 years with the company. I would recommend this company to anyone who does not mind electronic logs.
Pros
They tell you the truth and pay you on time with few mistakes.
Cons
Health insurance for family a little high.
Made mistakes or would sill be driving for them
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2017
Family owned and operated. Rather not comment further. Enjoyed the cross country and had less downtime. What I learned there was to not experiments as much I did.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ozark Motor Lines. Our community is ready to answer.