Ozarks Medical Center Employee Reviews

Super supportive & great atmosphere to work in!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOJuly 12, 2019
I absolutely loved working at OMC! Very supportive environment & incredible place to start my career. I obtained so much experience my first year as an SLP. I would highly recommend to work for OMC.
Pros
Collaborative and supportive environment
Cons
Days can be long and stressful
Loved working at OMC!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJuly 8, 2019
The department I worked in, Rehab, was an amazing place to work. The management stressed customer service and that wasn’t just limited to our patients it was also between co-workers.
Management was always easy to talk to even if not all issues were dealt with. I would love to work for them again.
A nice place to work
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  1100 Kentucky AvenueJune 21, 2019
I enjoyed my job at the hospital. It was unfortunate I was laid off due to healthcare changes. I liked being part of it. Sometimes it could be stressful but often a nice place to work. Didn't always care for management, but that comes with the territory I guess.
Not a recommended job
nutrition aide (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 5, 2019
I worked in a "support" area (dietary/housekeeping) and was shocked at the level of unprofessional behavior from staff and the casual acceptance of such behavior by management. I realize that the choices in hiring might be somewhat limited in the area, but hiring uneducated, backwards people to work in a hospital was shocking. Patients were 't respected, the job wasn't respected, and the consultant/ manager did nothing.The pay rate was also very poor for working in such a stressful environment, Walmart actually pays better.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low Pay, negative environment
Really enjoyed working at OMC
Hospital Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOMay 28, 2019
I learned so much while working there. The environment at times could be challenging if multiple things all happened at once, but that's when the real learning and demonstrating that could happen. It was the best job for me, except for one thing. It was so far from my kids. Still, being wiser now, I would go back there in a heartbeat.
its a job
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MO 65775May 14, 2019
meeting after meeting and never any follow through. poor integrity with senior leaders. staff work hard and provide what they can when they can. Doctors get everything even at the cost of staff.
Pros
staff
Cons
senior leadership
great small family like workplace
RN/LPN (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 4, 2019
OMC has come so far throughout the years. I haven't worked there in several years but I get so excited to see their development and growth. Several people that I worked with are still there!
Profits above people
Clinic Staff (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOMarch 17, 2019
Upper management seems to care more about looking good and making good numbers than caring for their employees. Complaints take forever to be addressed and it seems like they will sweet talk you into thinking you are a working family but then theres no follow through. The generic answer to everything is they will pass it up the line. Outside of work if you see someone from management they do not practice what they preach of community.
Pros
Meal discounts, benefits offered
Cons
Short break, low compensation compared to others in area, no long term growth
Former Employee
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOFebruary 19, 2019
Focused more on profits and looking good to investors to sell. HR department is a joke and doesn't care about employees or managing their best interests.
My typical day
Coding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 24, 2019
My typical day is well balanced with coding and working emails to resolve coding issues.. I was promoted to coding supervisor in 2015 and have learned so much during my time with OMC
Horrific place
Cardiologist (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOOctober 30, 2018
Terrible management and politics.
Old boy network rules the place.
No respect for good medical science.
Peer review is a joke there.
Leadership all money focused, lack of patient mission.
Excessive call schedule.
Pros
High py
Cons
Terrible work environment in all respects.
Fair Place to Work
LPN II (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOSeptember 25, 2018
Management in different departments is somewhat lacking. Pay is minimal but overall good job security. Team work is good in some departments. Little lack for advancements but transferring to another department is easy
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Pay and little room for advancement
Anonymous
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOSeptember 15, 2018
Some management is very unprofessional and gossip about other employees and patients. In my opinion, very unprofessional establishment. Poor communication as well
It was an enjoyable work experience.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 25, 2018
This was a great first job. The hours fit my schedule nicely. It was a fast paced environment that kept my interest. I enjoyed learning about the different aspects of a hospital and the importance of cleanliness in the workplace.
Pros
Cleaning
Cons
Supervisor
Bad manager
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  West plainsJune 7, 2018
The day shift manager in the sleep lab has no idea what she is doing and refuses to help anybody. They didn't keep enough work so the staff could all be full-time they bragged about how they got their hours in but they didn't care if anybody else did. They would have you come to work only to send you home because they didn't have enough patience they shift did not bother to call patients in on multiple occasions.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Management, low hours, bad work environment
Performance Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 1, 2018
OMC offers opportunities for career advancement. Employees are encouraged to seek promotions. Teamwork is encouraged, and employees also are encouraged to submit their own ideas for improving services.
The Largest Employer In The Area - Pros and Cons
Information Technology Analyst II, IT department (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOMay 10, 2018
OMC is the biggest employer in town. The local economy depends upon it. Physicians and high level nurses are paid well / competitively. But finances fluctuate every few years and there are periods of tremendous growth and optimism, followed by periods of regression and layoffs. These cycles seem to rotate every 3-4 years. Staff turnover is above average. There was a culture of fear of losing your job. There are very few "long term" employees that remain. On the other hand, the hospital system continues to survive. All of the top level management team has been churned - all new management is in place from the CEO down to VP's and several Directors. The Board of Directors are all local folks who are invested in the local community and want to see the small hospital system survive and thrive.
Pros
Good benefits. Competitive wages
Cons
Staff turnover. Management "issues"
Limited advancement
Mental Health Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOMay 5, 2018
Omc has its good points, but definitely has its areas that need improvement. Pay, leadership, employee loyalty are a few. You don't get the feeling you are a valued member, but easily replaced
Pros
Flexiability
Cons
Limited loyalty
Somewhat Stressful But Everyone Helps Each other
PSYCHO SOCIAL REHABILITATION AIDE (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 30, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of customer service of clients in a Behavioral Healthcare clinic. I learned quite a lot about mental illnesses and their treatment by constantly asking others with more knowledge than me. Management often asked what could be done to help staff accomplish their jobs better. The hardest part of the job was working with very difficult customers and trying to please people who, due to their mental illness, could not be pleased. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help a client and they benefited from my help. All staff worked with each other to accomplish this.
Pros
learning about mental health treatment
Cons
No breaks
Stressful
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOMarch 21, 2018
Too many clicks of workers who band together and are not team players, doctors run the hospital instead of the supervisors, they do not investigate when a patient complains even when false.