P&S Transportation Employee Reviews

Pulled Flatbed
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 18, 2018
It was a great place to work at, the management was great, and they always seemed to be there when you needed them. I would recommend P&S Transport to anyone looking for a trucking career
Pros
New Trucks, and always felt secure
Cons
No tarp pay
lovely place
Transportation Specialist (Dispatcher) (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 25, 2018
amaizing place to work for. one of the places to learn about transpotation and supply chain. great people and mangers, best trasnpotarion company in the industry
Can see the entire US for free
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Ensley, ALJuly 18, 2018
Has it's good and bad like every other company.
If you're liked it'll be fine but if not then you'll leave in 45 days. Lot's of people there give numbers but no one ever really knows anything. Quick to pass the buck if you know what I mean.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Favoritism is shown
Like other companies
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ensley, ALJune 15, 2018
Like a lot of companies advertise.......The driver is number one. No, no you are not. Always have to stay on top of them to get what you need to do your job. This company is better than most but....as it gets larger, swallowing more companies, the support size stays the same, trucks suffer, and a me first attitude prevails. The top folks only take care of themselves.
Pros
choose your loads
Cons
Always a hassle to deal with company
Worst working environment every worked in
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ensley, ALJune 11, 2018
My boss refused to learn Mcleod which was program used for our company. If his boss asked him something he would then call me and ask me the answer and then tell the VP what my answer was even though he had no idea. I had to work after hours if necessary, but boss refused to and just said fix it. Everyone sits in a cubilcle from 7-5 and is silent no one talks. Get ahead with company by backstabbing people and not working hard. They refuse to acknowledge hard work.
Pros
gave free lunch Monday and Friday so employees couldn't leave work
Cons
10 hr work days and then still had to work from home
Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 9, 2018
Great company with much help from others alike Management was very very helpful . Great way to see the world 🌎. No force dispatch which is always great thing .
Pros
Great Pay, Great Equipment
Cons
No cons
Great company
Load Planner/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 12, 2018
Great company with great benefits. Fast paced environment. Always changing. Great people. Buys your lunch. Great management. I learned how to be a quick thinker.
P+s
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAMarch 25, 2018
Pros: They get us lunch for free on Mondays and Fridays.
Cons: It is extremely difficult to get time off. Very bad work / life balance. Long hours.
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Ensley, ALFebruary 16, 2018
I drove teams at P&S Transportation. The owners of the company are hands on and enjoy sharing the success of the company. This is one of the best trucking companies around.
Pros
Driver lunches weekly
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Good place to work I don't like the color of the Truck's need refrigerator in them and Inverter to keep food and drinks and snacks and need to speed up to the Truck.s
Pros
Good Company
Cons
The trucks
Not so good on elog
Current lease operator (Current Employee) –  Nashville tn.January 24, 2018
Well I've been here 5 years in April I must say been a great company to work for until the elog mandate planners to busy on there cell phones,an what's being brought in for lunch they don't realize it's very important to keep me loads so I can get to an from to load an unload. So I'm not parked on Ramp or on a ten mile back up out rest area. Great company before elogs. Would find a drop an hook job now. My driver manager awesome person .everyone's really nice . But way to much cheap broker freight. 27% of nothing is well you know.
Pros
Great driver manager
Cons
Planners never stay if ya got a good one wont be long enough
Long haul Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35218December 13, 2017
I became one their most trusted and loyal drivers. I was never late with a delivery. Kept a professional appearance and kept my truck in good working order . Maintained my logs current and up to date.
Pros
Got to go where I wanted with exceptions.
Cons
Hard job
Good company to work for
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 11, 2017
I think if I do go back OTR, this will be the company I will go with. Good equipment, nice people to work with. Terminals gave prizes each month and cookouts
Pros
Home weekends if you choose
Cons
Percentage of load pay was garbage
Call today and speak with Frank tell him Tommy Edmonston referred you
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2017
27 percent of line haul most loads in my area pay around 1,000 . I run local Baltimore to NYC and average 1,400/wk home everyday and off weekends . Great equipment and benefits.
Pros
Free like a boss even as a company driver, some many choices
Cons
Sometimes low freight rates
Good Place to work!!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2017
Good Equipment , Good Management , And good money. I would recommend anyone who would want to be a company driver or owner operator, to give this company a chance. they really are a family based Company, who looks out for there employee, and family
Great people! Straight forward!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 15, 2017
Went to orientation last week.. The people there was awesome.. Very straight forward!! They take care of you. Feed you 3 times a day. Go over everything. Instead of most companies do. Very satisfied so far... I recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Haven't seen any yet
Better off elsewhere
Driver (Current Employee) –  MobileFebruary 14, 2017
Lots of cheap freight, .33 to .38 cents per mile. No dead head pay, no detention pay. Take longer runs to make money and you're stuck out for 3 weeks.
Pros
Decent equipment
Cons
27% of zero is zero
Very cheap freight
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 4, 2017
Been driving many years. Worked for P&S for over 6 months. they started me off with decent paying loads. But was only bringing home 700-800 bucks a week witch isn't really good for being regional but after 3 months it dropped to 300-500 take home pay. The runs where very cheap. 150 bucks to run from det to Birmingham Al and 315 dollar loads same direction. I don't know about you but I don't like working for free. And being gone form wife and kids for 500 bucks a week is a joke.
Pros
Nice equipment
Cons
Cheap cheap freight
nice
Truck Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAJanuary 31, 2017
nice place to work had great opportunity to see the world made good money ready for more home time. referral great company to work for
great place to work
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 27, 2016
great company if you want OTR. they are also great during the holidays, orientation was some of the best I've had. trucks are also in great shape.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at P&S Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.