P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,529 reviews matching the search See all 1,670 reviews
The Boh employees are good fun people to work with.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 23, 2018
I was expected to complete several tasks before opening, multitask while open, several other tasks before and after closing, other employees did what ever they wanted including but not limited to walking through the mall, and exchanging food without management consent, but would chew me out if i did the same, basically pick up the slack of other preferred employees & deal with it.
Pros
Free meal & discounts
Cons
It's not so bad, the food gets boring very quickly & food creativity is a no no
well paying but stressful job
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 22, 2018
Management was good, the hours were usually uncertain which turned me off. What i loved most was the amount of money i made while i worked there. the food is perfect
It was interesting
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 21, 2018
My time here was very interesting, I saw a lot of things behind the house that servers should not have done, e.g like eating food in a non. Break zone or drinking, talking when they should have been working, taking other people’s orders. But there were some good times here as well, e.g. having meals when ever you went on break or lunch, having awesome cooks who know what they are doing, management was great !
Do not work at the Newport News location
Wok Cook (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 21, 2018
Regarding the Newport News location:
It was a often a chaotic environment and offered more stress and disorganization than it was worth. Personnel in management had no control over a very rambunctious staff. It was a very hostile environment and the work was extremely taxing physically.
Pros
Cons
hostility, poor management, gross lack of professionalism
Respectful company that cares for employees
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR & Carlsbad, CASeptember 21, 2018
I worked for the company for over 2 years, only departing ways because my new home was too far to commute. From the beginning this company treated me with respect and welcomed me in. I was hired on as a server and immediately they began training me on their message, which is to serve high quality food, prepared with care. PF Chang's had a respectful dynamic between not only employees and guests, but we are taught that each part of the team is valuable, from dishwasher to manager. Personally I worked at 2 locations, one in Oregon and one in Southern California, and I felt at home almost instantly at both. Along the way my management team from both front and back of the house took time to show me proper procedure and educate me on our products, which made selling them easier. If you want to work for a company that cares but still also has a laid back attitude, PF Changs is the place to go!
Pros
Free lunches, competitive scheduling, quality product, team dynamic
Cons
over-staffing
Relaxed workplace
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 20, 2018
Very relaxed environment , upper class restaurant with nice people. The only thing I do not like is hostesses don’t get tipouts like bussers/foodrunners/set up.
Productive and interesting work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at P.F. Chang’s. I learned many new skills which I use now on occasions. The manager was nice and pushed me to be a better worker, and my co-workers were a pleasure to be around. I would recommend someone to work at P.F. Chang’s.
Pros
Free breakfast
typical day at work
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I fulfilled extra work out of my job description due to co workers including management and kitchen line taking longer breaks than allowed. Thank you.
Pros
good food
Cons
Favoritism with certain staff members
Content workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be greeting customers, bussing tables, setting up our tables, restocking. Management here is very understanding and tries to accommodate anything we need.
Strong Culture
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WISeptember 17, 2018
Stressful workplace like any restaurant, but consistent with culture in most stores. Staff enjoys working together and ambitious to come to work. PF Changs brings a vibe like not many other restaurants bring.
Pros
Good pay and healthcare
Cons
long hours and stressful environment
A great place to work
Wok Chef (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 16, 2018
P.f Changs created a fun and challenging environment in which to hone my skills as an artist. The food is delicious and the people are great besides the few managers at the begining that almost sank the ship.
Pros
Challanging but fullfilling work environment
Cons
Bad managerial turnaround
A competitive and rewarding place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 13, 2018
PF Changs is an amazing company to work for. This company made me realize my passion for the hospitality industry. I started as a host and in 5 years was able to work my way up to Senior Management.
Slightly Hostile
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
The work was always fast paced.
Honestly, the work was nice however the real reason I left was that the job was too far away. I lived in another city.
Fun and fast paced
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 12, 2018
This company supports growth in their employee's. Each week there were competitions to win fun prizes, and closely monitored sales to communicate better with how each waitress or bartender could better their skills.
Pros
Discounts on Food, Competitively Fun, & Very Customized Service.
Cons
They required a lot more than basic service.
not paid enough for the stress and hours
Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple locations in multiple statesSeptember 11, 2018
excessively stressful due to lack of competence of upper management. Individuals in positions that were under-qualified. Pay was never enough to deal with stress and amount of hours expected to work. most weeks were easily 55-65 hours. Not the same company and values as it was when I started.
Excellent resturant
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 11, 2018
My time at P.F. Chang's was fun and enjoyable. The management team was professional and my coworkers were team players. The environment was fun and professional.
Can be fun for some.
P.F. Chang's-Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 11, 2018
I was not at the job for very long, the hours were long and the training was a little under par. Its too bad because you can make some pretty good money.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Poor Training
non productive
Meat Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 11, 2018
Basically the company overworks its employees and they are under paid also they dont report injuries to management.The next thing is they give real shady work hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
at will employment
workplace
server (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase Village, MDSeptember 10, 2018
start off slow then it starts to pick up, management is okay willing to help, hardest part of the job is at night when its time to stat side work after a busy day . the enjoyable part of the day is interacting with the guests.
Multiple changes
SOU CHEF (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MissouriSeptember 9, 2018
The company has been bought and sold on stock multiple times uncertainty of future And leader ship has changed multiple times new managers come in go more than a dishwasher..
Pros
Good work culture and high real good employees
Cons
Unseeable Future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight