P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.
64Average

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA43 reviews
Fast paced environment
A typical is pretty busy, between getting the food prep done for the day and taking orders, there is always something to do, whether it was cleaning or preparing food items for the following day.

I have learned a great deal about how to speak to people, as well as, organizational skills because of the amount of preparation required in one day.

I would say the hardest part of the job is when we are short people for the day, and a person would have to handle several stations at once while preparing food items to keep that station stoked. The other hardest part of the job is the lack of support from the management team. Instead of jumping in and helping when they see a person struggling, they continue what they are doing and act as if they see nothing.

Not everything is bad in the job. The most enjoyable part of it for me, is cooking the food. Especially when we get new menu items every few months.
Pros
free meals, fairly good benefits, always get 40 hours a week, friendly co-workers
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, management not supportive of staff, not properly staffed (understaffed 95% of the time)
Terrible place to work
Terrible place to work, no regard for life outside of work, will only do what’s good for the restaurant. Favoritism was also showed to Hispanic workers in a majority Hispanic environment. Schedule never stayed the same, I was pressured to take an afternoon shift, I agreed and the very next week I’m scheduled for all morning shifts. Pressured to stay beyond allotted time.
Bad place to work
Hated the people and the atmosphere. All servers only cared about them self and tried to get away with not tipping out bussers. Manager was a consistent liar
awful
the place was discusting mostly because as a busser my pay was not worth all the work I was doing i got 3.50 an hour and tip out from servers based on what they sold from food (drinks or other speciltys not included) not to mention even though my task was bussing I was stuck covering other roles I was not trained for such a serving,hosting and running food and on sevral ocashions because i was the closeing busser after I finish cleaning my station I was tasked to clean the server and runner stations if they where forggot or not done and was even called in erlie to clean things like the line or the goods area and after cleaning i whould have 4 to 5 White rags laden with grease and turned black from soot and grime or sometimes brown from build up rust that was allowed to let sit instead of maintaining thier stainless steal products they neglected that and anything that wasent imediatly needed to serve food,trays used to hold food and move from the line to the floor only got wiped off by a snaitation rag instead of cleaned and checked for problems.
Pros
free food at given time, discount on select food
Cons
no insurence, poor management, poor health practice.
Still love the place
I learned valuable lessons at P.f. They love to advance and take of people when they are doing well. But you definitely have to work very hard to get there. But, once you are there. Life is a breeze. Overall it was an amazing place to work. Just don't them low ball you. Which they will do. Get paid for what you are worth.
Pros
Free food/ and if you like it Travel but, .
Cons
during my time no reimbursement for travel/
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Poor management
Poor management and has only gone down since I first started working there. When I first was hired the management was good and they're trained you properly. With recent management both of those areas have significantly deceased. The working environment is not positive and but a professionally environment
Pros
Cons
Healthcare if you worked full time
Poor management
It was poorly managed but I enjoyed the pantry station I was assigned to it was something new to me in the kitchen and I was doing well creating recipes from scratch
I really enjoyed working for pf changs. There were great chances for advancement. Great work environment and fun atmosphere. Great benefits at management level.
Not the best
The location I worked at was the one of the worst on the East coast. Management was terrible, servers were constantly complaining, there was a weird amount of drama between the adult employees, and the tips received were very poor.
Great Food to be enjoyed
Pf Changs is a good company to work for. The location of this PF Chang's should ideally bring more customers to the restaurant but unfortunately there is no validation for costly parking charges in Bethesda, MD. It is located off the Freindship Heights metro station.
Pros
Respectful Management Team
Love my job
I have only been working here for about three months and I really love the fast-paced atmosphere and all the other employees are great, management is very understanding.
Pros
discounts, well-paid
Cons
usually understaffed or overstaffed
Young managers don’t know what they’re doing
Bartenders don’t waste your time here. The managers are very young and inexperienced and don’t know the first thing about running a successful bar. No support and no barback. Managers want the bartenders to maintain a full bar and do “to go” services for Ubereats and grubhub which is actually they’re job as managers. They will put on a very nice professional act though until they actually have to some work too. They force double shifts as well to make up for the dead morning shifts. You work twice as hard here for a normal days pay.
Good Work Environment
P.F. Chang's was sort of a fun work environment, the people were nice, but it is a stressful job. A typical day at work requires a lot of time on your feet, but you are kept busy. Overall, I would say it is a good place to work.
Pros
long breaks, family meal
Cons
healthcare
workplace
start off slow then it starts to pick up, management is okay willing to help, hardest part of the job is at night when its time to stat side work after a busy day . the enjoyable part of the day is interacting with the guests.
Hosting
For a year I worked at Changs, I was a hostess but I also helped around with small side jobs. I designed the promoting board, when they needed extra hands either serving, take-out, or bussing I lend my hand.I loved my time working there. But, the hardest part about working there was when we get slammed and the tables weren't turning, we would go on a long wait which would upset the guest.
Flexable hours and money in your pocket every shift
Poor management, managers hated confrontation.
Slow business, business progressively got worse.

No benifits, no paid vacations. No incentives to stay longer of train or do anything extra for the company.
Pros
50 % off food if youre working
Cons
Slow business, managers hated confrontation, no paid vacation
good job
Managers and people were great. Very upscale feel. very busy. Great teamwork and culture in this restaurant. I loved taking care of our guests and giving 100% for my team
learning experience
After my first Chef left the company everything went downhill. Just very unprofessional and a dirty place. I was the only one with a licensed serv-safe. No team players from the front of the house to the back of the house. No reliable employees which was stressful having to work 4 stations at once. I did a lot of that one location and a lot was put on me. I did a lot of the cleaning because no one else wanted to. I refused to work in a infested and dirty kitchen.
Pros
Back of the house staff were friendly
Okay Company
Was promoted with more responsibilities with no pay increase. Benefit was working for such a large corporation that you could transfer to a new location if you desired.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Horrible pay with no benefits.
Great company but with my experience with the different regions the culture of unity is not embraced on the same level. It shouldn't be about race, we are here on the same common ground and that's the success of the company.
go to another restaurant
Restaurants are a dime a dozen. Choose elsewhere. Maybe you will have a better experience than I did, but if you don't, well your experience will be very poor. Chain restaurants are not the best for the server. Get more money and experience and fun at a better restaurant. Seriously.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc..