Pa Adult and Teen Challenge

Working at Pa Adult and Teen Challenge: 24 Reviews

United States24 reviews

workstaffworkingplacelovecarechristiangreat

Friendly and Caring Environment

Being part of a great ministry like Teen Challenge has been a great experience. Everyone seems very friendly and willing to help out. It has been so rewarding to watch lives being changed. The compassion and care shown here is amazing. Definitely a great ministry to be part of.

Pros

Great team, free lunches

Fun and great place to work

Great place to work. It’s nice helping others. Dinner provided when I worked second shift. I worked in the girls long term program and it was nice getting to know the girls and help them in their sober journey.

Pa Adult and Teen Challenge insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place to work, with some quirks

The job itself is amazing. Extremely rewarding getting to work with this population of people and watch lives change. Staff is full of people who have lived and walked in the shoes of the people they are now serving, which shows in their compassion and grace. The job is ever-changing and stretches you as a person and helper. Co-workers show genuine concern and are always willing to help when needed. That being said, there is very little consistency in training, leadership, and daily tasks which creates an atmosphere of complaining and low morale. Great place to work, but not a great place to learn.

Everything needs to be taken at face value

For a "Christian based facility" that brings wholeness to the hopeless.... obviously something isn't right if the same people just keep coming back. Staffing is a joke, management isn't any better. Don't eat the food unless you really love sitting on the porcelain throne. And most important.... don't expect any type of consistency. They hire anyone with a pulse, so if you care about your license....RUN! Don't even think about applying here... there's a reason why they are always looking for people!

Clear Goals, Solid Team, Best Work Environment

Incredible Culture! Leadership communicates a very clear vision that is easy to believe in and want to be a part of. Staff is like a family, working together toward the same goal of investing in people. Everyone has their strengths and is valued no matter their role. For those who want it, there is every opportunity for personal and professional growth.Employees can expect to be both challenged and encouraged in positive ways. My own experience has been full of flexibility, with opportunities to work in different departments in order to develop my skills. Administration has also been very supportive of my ability to work from home, even before COVID. Best work environment I have ever known!

Pros

Culture, Leadership, Opportunity, Environment, Benefits

Highly Respected

I truly love working at Pa. Adult and Teen Challenge as I have never felt respected the way I do here. The CEO has numerous times has told me how he values me and my opinions. If you have an issue about work the HR department works with you to accommodate your needs. I like the Christian aspect of working here as well.

Pros

Feel respected

Cons

the commute but with COVID I can work from home.

I really Enjoy this Job

Teen Challenge has been a great place to work since I started in 2014, and has consistently gotten better. Great opportunities to advance, and the organization is consistently expanding and offering new opportunities. This is some of the best clinical supervision I have gotten. Only drawback is that as a non-profit, they still operate with limited resources, but that is yet another area that consistently improves year to year. Patients here seem to love meeting their counselors and many are working to improve their lives. It feels good to be a part of something like this, where we can see people growing and working on themselves every day.

Pros

Opportunity to do good work. Lots of opportunities for growth. Great Clinical Supervision

Cons

Limited Resources

Great Organization! Great Team!

The leadership cares about their employees and their clients. They were willing to spend time training staff to do their jobs well. They provide more trainings than I have typically found provided at other organizations throughout the D&A field. The team was amazing! Honestly, the team is the best part of working at PAATC! Everyone seems to be caring, compassionate and welcoming. They are always willing to help out when someone needs assistance. I have never seen a more dedicated gorup of counselors who were committed to the pateints and the mission. All in all, great place to work and highly recommended

Pros

Lots of training, great team, helpful people, caring leaders, free lunch, good benefits

Great environment

Organization cares about employees and patients. They have fair pay scales and have worked hard to help people throughout the challenging Covid-19 pandemic.

Pros

Caring employees

Disorganized free-for-all

Hands down the worst job I ever had. No leadership, no organization, no clue. Training was terrible and no one seems to know what they are doing. Unless you are the type of person that schmoozes, you won't get anywhere with this company. High amount of turnaround since no one knows what they are doing and do not care to help out teach anyone how to do the job right

Pros

Cons

Terrible pay, terrible people. No sense of accomplishment

Great place to work!! Like a second family

Love working here. I have been here for a long time. The staff is great from the top down and they truly care about their staff and who they serve! Would defiantly recommend this as a career path for anyone wanting to work in the addiction field!

Pros

PTOs, Holidays, Insurance, support

Leaders

Leaders golf more that they interact with clients. They change policies and procedures every 3 months. They need to practice what they preach. Staff meetings accomplish nothing.

Pros

serving Gods people

Cons

Leadership

Counselor

Poor management, money hungry administrators. Treat patients like they are incarcerated. Food is terrible, jail food is better. They make the long term students apply for food stamps and hand them over. Patients do not get proper treatment. It’s sad a Christian facility can be so ignorant to staff concerns regarding patients.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Poor management

Its a rehabilitation center

I went through the year long program for help, as a student i did the sales because of my experience. An when i graduated i continued as sales manager/ trainer

Rewarding and a place for growth

My time at Teen Challenge was an exciting and rewarding one. I learned a lot about myself and how to help others overcome adversity. I learned to be the Godly Man I am Today.

Sadly

This facility is poorly run. Criteria for promotion is strictly being a friend of someone in leadership. Many of the Directors are rude and do not offer support, however, they are quick to tear down an individuals character. It’s disappointing because the goal should always be to focus on treating the patients and I’ve experience quiet the opposite.

Pros

You will love the women you service

Cons

Incompetent Narcissistic Leadership

Challenging.

If you love ministry this place is for you. It's a place were God works on your life to change your mind set and bad habits. I believe in this ministry whole heartedly it has changed my life in so many ways.

Pros

you will definetly find yourself.

Cons

lots of hard work

front desk

Typical day walk grounds , hold community meetings also answered phones. Gave medication to the residents at prescribed times. Made announcement to residents as needed.

Pros

free to live on grounds

Cons

dont pay staff well

fun

this is a fun and relaxed place to work. the other people who work there all all very nice. They days were good because it is really relaxed and everyone tries to help eachother.

Pros

free food

Cons

low wages

Great Ministry

Fast paced environment full of people devoted to ministry and helping people with substance use disorder. The addition of detox and short term programming has expanded services greatly and brought on professional medical and counseling staff. The long term Christian program is the heart of the ministry.

Pros

friendly staff, shared values, growing company

Nice facility and great staff

I enjoyed working for TCTC and felt as though it was a place to finish out my Administrative career. Unfortunately due to a performance error I was left go. I do think it is a good treatment facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pa Adult and Teen Challenge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Pa Adult and Teen Challenge Reviews by Location

Learn about Pa Adult and Teen Challenge in popular locations

• Pa Adult and Teen Challenge
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?