PC Liquidations Employee Reviews

Stay away.
Refurbish Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2018
How do I even begin.

When I first started working it wasn't that bad. You had a decent quota to meet which was fair. But they never wanted you to just meet that quota, they wanted more and they grilled you if you didn't go 5 points over the quota. Then I learned why, its because they would go on to raise the quota 10 points every month, it was ridiculous you had to work yourself to the bone every day for very little pay. And the worth of a product you work on is so stupid. You can clean a video card that's worth 1.5 points in under 3 minutes. Yet when you have to do a phone that takes up to 10 minutes its only worth 1 point. Its outrages and unfair and they don't care.

Another bad thing is that they will write you up for literally anything. Clocked in at 8:01AM? Write up. Clocked OUT at 5:01PM? Write up. You're break lasted 16 minutes instead of 15? write up accidentally got 1 minute, 1 literal minute of overtime? write up. Its insane those are just minor examples but they will take any chance to write you up so when review time comes they can either fire you if you are not liked enough or not give you a raise but keep you on the team if they like you. Don't ever expect any raises because of this everyone on my team is written up at least once a month and some people get written up more than that just for breathing. You even get written up for stuff that was not known and is not even written in the employee handbook. So you have to find out by surprise whenever you do something wrong.

If you are sick one day and need to stay home you better go get checked out by a doctor
  more... and get a doctors note because they will write you up for being sick too. God help you if you are sick and come in the next day without a doctors note. It affects you're monthly quota average for missing a day bringing you way down and then you get written up for not meeting the monthly quota. So its better to just power through that flu you got and come to work anyway. I've seen people do this and I've seen them pass out working because they didn't want to go home and have their numbers drop.

The amount of favoritism is outrages. You can see from a mile away who is liked in the department and who is not. I saw a guy get written up and get put back on probation for being 2 minutes late from his break. Yet I saw people all the time coming back later than that getting welcomed by the manager and joking around on how they were late. Our breaks are timed and on the same time everyday so if anybody comes back even a minute later its known but they didn't do anything to them.

If you decide to get a job here anyway don't expect it to be permanent. Its more like a seasonal job except they don't call it that because nobody ever last more than a year there.
Pros
The people you work with are friendly and talking with them helps pass the time.
Cons
No raises, Low wage, Favoritism, bad managers, written up for everything you do wrong.
Oh god
Refurbisher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2018
When I worked there (Summer 2016), the work conditions were getting much more stringent on a week-by-week basis. You show up, work, you work non-stop, you take mandatory 15-minute break when they tell you to no matter what you were doing at the time, go back to work to grind out completing a quota of tasks. The quota raised significantly from month-to-month, meaning people who didn't cut corners eventually end up being labeled "sub-par", as it was increased based on the highest numbers, so if you didn't cut corners you had to physically exhaust yourself with non-stop physical labor for hours on end at a time. Do NOT recommend if you want energy after work. Could have changed over the years, though. Still. Beware.
Pros
Internal promotions, ice cream on Fridays in the summer
Cons
bad healthcare, absolutely refuses to allow time off if it is requested less than 14 days out, nepotic management
Good workplace, good workers.
Refurb technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2018
The focus on compatibility with the company culture in hiring serves PC Liquidations well. Those workers who do not immediately fit with the department they have been placed in or applied for are allowed to move around to other departments until they find a place for them. It's quite rare for a new hire not to find any place for themself in the company.
Pros
Heath benefits, rewards for exceeding production standards.
Fast Growing Great Job
Production (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 18, 2018
I have been working for PC Liquidations for just over a year. I have loved my time here. They have competitive pay, and exceptional growth. I hope to work here for many years.
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GAAugust 18, 2016
Great company, awesome place to work. I love doing what I do to keep this company going on into the future. Bigger & better things are on the horizon.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaJuly 12, 2015
Work on multiple phone systems and networks in an advanced network environment with multiple vlans and interconnected phone systems create for more productive work environment.

Worked on over 50 different products of phone systems and phones including multiple protocols
Including sccp,sip,scpc, and many proprietary protocol systems

Worked on multiple digital systems with amphenol connectors and setup an intricate CO line network for employees to test multiple phone systems at once.

Have had to work in stressful demanding situations under small time constrains and have succeeded very well with these situations while completing side projects.

Have very good skills working in a warehouse environment doing inventory and stacking control.
Pros
Fast Paced Busy a lot of technical IT Work
Cons
Warehouse Work And repetition
extremely productive and fast paced
shipper/receiver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 22, 2013
pc liquidations is a great work place, family owned. nice people, but don't offer many benefits
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
healthcare/benefits

Want to know more about PC Liquidations?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PC Liquidations. Our community is ready to answer.

PC Liquidations Reviews by Location