PL Marketing
70Above average

PL Marketing Employee Reviews

United States227 reviews
Teamwork is key to performance! Continued workload and repeatedly steady. Overall tasks are directly and simply your own responsibility however most work assignments are done as a team
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Schedule
With PL Marketing there is room for advancement, I started as a temporary employee and worked my way up to a managerial position. What a great company to work for.
I enjoy working for PLM most days. The hours are flexible. Pay isn’t great for the work required. some Kroger employees micromanage but overall if u do your job correctly and communicate with management and vendors when you’re doing resets. you shouldn’t have any problems. no benefits or paid vacations
I’ve met a lot of great people working there and learned a lot.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay, benefits
Almost all of the employees are rude and arnt your friend. The company and management act like they care about you or how you feel but they don't. The hardest part of the job is that you are under or poorly trained and expected to know what your doing
Pros
car allowence if full time, PTO time
Cons
poor healthcare, poor management
Meet new people everyday. Help them find what they are looking for. The hardest part of my job was lifting and moving the shelves. But I had the best manager. When we had big sets, she would show up to help us out.Met a lot of good worker through this company.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Can’t make decisions locally Figure everything out yourself just a terrible culture pay is poor Treated like a number you are not a person No perks at all no pats on back at all They think you are lucky just to have a job
I have loved the job and the people I work with from day one. I have been recognized and advanced for a job well done
My current issue is that due to COVID we have been switched to an overnight position
- Nepotism
- Limited health plan options (added a 2nd just this year)

- Not flexible

- Poor work/life balance

- Limited advancement opportunities

- Low compensation for amount of work expected
It was better in the past. They cut our hours drastically around the holidays, much more then in the previous years without letting us know before hand.
Pros
Your hours are flexible when you come and go
Cons
They can cut your hours in a heartbeat. No consistent paycheck. Up, down, up down. Previously it was much more regular.
PLM management does NOT look out for their Set Team members and let Kroger managers talk to the Set Team any way they want. PLM management also lie about, manipulate, and ignore written company policies to suit their bottom line. When I once raised an issue about overtime and written company policies during a team meeting, we were told the company handbook was obsolete. Fast forward someone filed a class action lawsuit against PLM for UNPAID overtime. A fat check is coming soon for those who joined the lawsuit.
Pros
Travel around mid atlantic region, per diem, set team
Cons
A..hole corporate managers, overnight work, minimal pay raises, Excess wear and tear on vehicle
There are some people that just shouldn’t be team leads at all.. you get to travel some as part timer but I’d rather get full time it was a great experience.. meet some real awesome people..
Very fast paced non communication. Put too much work load on one person for new employees cut hours unstable work enviroment I would recommend having two jobs
It has its hit and misses for me the flexibility was most attractive.i was able to make my own hours weather I needed to go in early because of childcare/school issues or late due to Dr appointment.
No benefits. But you can work 39 hours a week.
This company shows a lot of nepotism. Don't even try to move up.

I trained the people who are now my bosses.
Prepare reports for several Retail Reps
Work with Management on strategies

I enjoyed creating surveys for 121 stores in the Mid-Atlantic

Work culture was good at the time

enjoyable part of the job was seeing the rewards of my work
Pros
Lunch out with the boss
Cons
Always struggling to get information important to my job
Its not a bad job theres just very little work Ive been here since Oct I thought the work would pick up after holidays. It sorta did but not enough. Its hard on only 20 hours a week.
Good work environment with a flexible schedule.

Company offers nice benefits to part time and full time employees (i.e. 401k, bonus, ESOP options).
it was a good company to work for although the pay was low. It was a easy and rewarding job, but you probably could not support a family with the jo Flexible work schedule Monday-Friday.Good if you are a self starter and can work on your own. Hours slow down around the holidays which is good if you are student and want to enjoy your break topical day of work , we go based off a plan-O-gram for the week. We take the plan-O-gram and figure out what we want to start first. Then clock into a commodity based off what you want to start with. Grab the strips and go to the aslie it's on and change out the strips, take out the closeout products, put the strips in, move the shelves (only if recommended). Then you rearrange the products based on what the strip says. The strips has the product number it must be matched with.
Just places bodies in positions. I have about 16 yrs experience and independently maintined one of their top selling stores with little to no help. Plm bases their pay scale on a company time line. Meaning if you have been with them on our before a certain date throughout the year. You are eligible for their bonus and merit compensation. If not you lose no matter your efforts.
I love working for this company. They are very helpful and understanding. I've had medical and family issues and they never questioned the time off I needed during these times.
Pros
Family friendly community
Cons
Some days you have to work alone
They seem to promote the dumbest, fattest people they can find. They have not paid us in over a month and still expect us to continue to shell out money on gas and food. My manager is a dull guy who is too fat and lazy to offer any guidance and does not seem to care about anything but talking with his buddies about video games.

You never know where you will be from week to week and you could end up driving a hundred miles for a 10 hour work day and then have to drive back home after. Then you have to repeat that.

Training is done by people who are not interested in training others because they don't get paid to. All they do is complain about how they have to waist there time on training people with any pay or benefits.

This company is run by morons.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PL Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight