Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

PL Marketing Employee Reviews

United States316 reviews

resetplmshelfmarketingplanogramsstoretravelweek

Wonderful home work balance

Great company. Wonderful working with you if you have family emergencies. You work on your own.... which is GREAT!!!!! Make your own hours as long as you get the work done.

Pros

Work on your own, flexible on leave

Cons

Pay, bonus

PL Marketing

Ok job but constantly dealing with bad info/errors passed down from “executive “ level. Pay not keeping up with the times. Job security high due to heavy short staffing issues.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Mgt has a blind eye to what the little people di

PL Marketing insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

The only good thing is it's a paying job the bad thing is everything else

You have a job, but the management and other people don't communicate with everyone nor do they care about personal issues or things going on with you that may prevent you from coming to work. That's why I'm looking for another job because I have been there for years and I thought things would change but they only got worse.

Mostly out of town work

Mostly overnight hotel stays. Spend a lot of time away from home. Excessive use of personal vehicle and unusual high turnover rate. They just want the work done. They seem to hire just about anybody who breathe. If you want to work there you will because they so desperate.

You're on your own

You get your section and supplies and you complete your section,and go and help your co-workers. We just worked well as a team.The team I was on was called the A-team.

Pros

on fridays you get treached to lunch

Horrible company

It takes a lot to be a good company, and while pl has the pay part decently handled, the work place culture is horrible. Upper management treat you like garbage if they even assume you talk back. A too sarcastic sounding "yes" or "no" would be enough to get you fired, even with perfect attendance and great work reviews. If you value your mental health, go somewhere else.

Low compensation and high workload

Not a bad company to start out with, but the lack of compensation for the amount of work expected of you is concerning. Often working weekends because you are constantly filling in for a recently departed employee. The company is really struggling to keep employees because they refuse to pay market value.Preying on recent college grads by making them so a very unreasonable and unrealistic non-compete. There’s absolutely no incentive to stay here long term because the lack of opportunities for any promotion or pay raise. I will say I have enjoyed my managers.

Pros

Learning opportunities, a majority of Management

Cons

Compensation, health care options, lack of promotion opportunities

Fast paced

Great place to work if you like to stay busy. Wish there were more people to help with what needed to be done. Overall a good work environment and good people.

Flexible schedule

I like this company. The schedule is flexible. The management is awesome and down-to-earth. The learning/training process is fun and fast-paced. The job is very physical, it’s almost like getting paid to work out. I started in March & I have enjoyed it.

Excellent

It’s hard to find a job like this. Must like to travel regional at least. Decent pay. My manager and HR really cared about us. Would recommend! Would go back.

PL Marketing

I was trained by temps and it was their last day! I was trained by others being told “don’t do it this way”! There is little training and what you get is not the same!There is NO communication and if you DO ANYTHING WRONG EVEN WHEN YOU’RE NEW AND DON’T KNOW ITS “WRONG” you will be written up! OR if you make mistakes, they are held against you, even when you have good reasons for the mistake. I have been told by many that I work TOO FAST… (that’s because everyone else is busy gossiping!)AND my work is “TOO GOOD”! There is no helping you succeed and be a happy employee! They don’t tell you how to do things so they can write you up and knock you down! There is NO positive feedback!!! I am looking for someone who appreciates my speed and my attention to detail!I’m looking for a place to work where my skills are appreciated!!! You will not be happy here. Since I started a few months ago, 4 people have started and quite after me, that I know of! The ones who are there are clicky like in middle school, good luck fitting in!

Great company and benefits, no longer in louisville

Great place to work and company to work for, well compensated for the travel. In the Louisville area the contract was lost and all employees sent elsewhere. The new company SAS was terrible.

Favorites

The job in itself is simple. The problem is when management doesn't listen to their staff and simply focus on the quota. This usually leads to being overworked, stressed, and undervalued overall

Great work-life balance since going remote

I was only in the office for a few months so my review is based on my experience during work from home. Although being remote, I felt a great sense of belonging within the specific team I worked for at PL. The culture at PL is probably the best I have experienced thus far. I really enjoyed getting to know the clients and see how excited they were to do business with Kroger. With that being said, it was not always easy working with the Kroger teams. I found that many were reluctant to change in efforts to create efficiencies and down right did not have an interest in hearing you out. However, I think there has been ongoing talk to change this. All in all, I had a great experience with PL and learned many things that will definitely serve me throughout the rest of my career!

They Atmidate and Wrong u

They stated work come first and training is secondary...which they give u lil to none training...but expect u to know every team leads way of doing things...yes sometimes u work with other teams that do things differently...leads hit on u...not interested they will try to get u fired..managers has no care...must not care and do what u can to get paid

Good company to work for, but changes every year

Basically work on a team resetting and remodeling grocery stores. Very physical work and no guarantee that the company will get contracts renewed with stores at the end of the year.

Benefits

Cons

Too many people working together

Run Away and Don't Look Back

Soul sucking corporation. Preys on young and naïve college grads. Management is horrible, unethical, incompetent, and inexperienced. The work is tedious and monotonous. Pay is abysmal. Zero work life balance. All of your coworkers and managers hate themselves and their jobs.

Fun workplace at Kroger

A typical day usually I arrive at the store by 6AM or 7AM. I usually would work until 2 or 3pm. Management is laid back and helps whenever we were behind. The workplace is Kroger. Hardest part of the job would be getting more hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours and it's repetitive, so it gets easier.

Good place to work for supplemental income

I enjoyed working for PL Marketing. The pace was even but not fast or high pressured. The job involved doing shelf resets in Kroger stores - adding, changing and removing products in almost all areas of the store working from supplied planograms.The workload varied from week to week but overall remained fairly consistent. You work with one or two other people but a lot of the time you're working by yourself while your coworkers are working in a different area but of the store.The pay wasn't great as compared to other places but the job was enjoyable which makes up for it, at least for me. It's a nice place to work if you're looking for some extra income.

Great job to have, if Managers would stop trying to micro manage.

Responsibility was to increase sales. But management couldn't make up their minds how they wanted you to do it. They changed their minds every couple of weeks. And would lie about what you were allowed to do instead again allowing you to do your job. If they would have just left all the sales people alone, they would have seen that they knew what they are doing. Meeting new people all the time, building relationships with others was great.

Pros

Bonus vacation

Cons

Even if you were salary and you missed like two hours during the week you were docked those hours, but if you work over time you were never compensated for it.

Flexible Hours, Bonus every year, work at own pace.

Could make your own schedule had a whole week to finish projects great people to work with , get a bonus every year and a raise, also get to work at your own pace.

Common questions about PL Marketing

Answered by current and former employees at PL Marketing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PL Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight