PMP Management

Working at PMP Management: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

An unnecessarily chaotic place.

PMP is an established company that operates as a start-up. At least at the Marina City Club location, which happens to be their largest managed property. The job itself is not hard but since management is lacking vital interdepartmental communication, the job is unnecessarily chaotic. During my first week, a department director cornered me, to find out a policy, when they've headed the department for years. A place where directors are confused about policies is cause for concern. It is this type of lackadaisical leadership that has postured the property to its current state. The reality is everyone is confused and overworked which is the workplace culture. People navigating the best they can in dysfunction. During my first two months, I had to practically bombard the GM to have a sit down about with me as a new hire. From the date of hire to my last day was about six months in total. I saw a high turnover. This is a work environment where nothing is defined, and people in management operate from egoic reasoning. From the date of hire to my last day was about six months in total. I saw a high turnover. This is a work environment where nothing is defined, and people in management operate from egoic reasoning. Considering the coordinator is dealing with that and managing a workload that has been mismanaged for years, the juice is not worth the squeeze.Should you value your mental health, consider applying to your nearest, anywhere else.

Pros

The hot water cooler, And co-workers that leave you better than they found you

Cons

Unreliable and unstable members of management that derail overall progress, Not structured for growth

Emphasis on Culture and Growth

PMP provides growth for all employees as well as ongoing training and educational opportunities. We work hard and play hard. We partner with service providers who treat us to breaks and fun to keep the work from getting too intense. PMP has invested in technology and systems designed for efficiency and an enhanced client experience. I learn something new every day and interact with positive team members who are all focused on a common goal. I know where I stand and feel appreciated by everyone I work with.

Pros

Fun incentives, tech friendly, good support structure, company communication

PMP Management insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

PMP is a not for the faint of heart

PMP Management left me with a great deal of experience and for that I am thankful. Although, employees at this company suffer from daily verbal, mental, and emotional abuse that is spearheaded by management and clientele. I would never recommend this industry or company to anyone.

Like high school cliques

PMP has been the most toxic work environment I've wotked at. The other reviews said it well: favoritism, cliquey, terrible communication, and management took zero accountability for mistakes. It was a very "shut up and worship everything leadership does" culture when problems were brought up that leadership created, and could have easily fixed. So glad I'm not there anymore.

Toxic environment

PMP has been the most toxic place I have ever worked. Nepotism runs deep. If you’re not with the in crowd here you will get treated like trash. They absolutely underpay you and expect you to be happy. HR is very unprofessional and will tell your personal business to everyone. Customer service department supervisor is absolutely on a power trip. Upper management will never hold themselves accountable for anything. If you have any concerns about upper management and speak on it, you will be treated very very bad until you decide to leave. Horrible place to work.

Favoritism

Favoritism is definitely a thing at PMP. If you aren’t liked they will find any reason to fire you. HR isn’t friendly and the VP isn’t either. You feel like you’re walking on eggshells the moment you enter the office.

Cons

Favoritism, Lack of Training, low pay, Toxic work Environment

Unprofessional and illegitimate job

You are left to work with improper training and no clear sense of direction or resources to guide you throughout the day. 90% of what you learn is reactive, not proactive. Management could care less and there is no real job stability/security. High turnover rate with the company because they seek perfection instead of proper management. I regret working here.

Work for another company! Very deceptive and no communication with you.

This company uses false practices and makes decisions without any discussion, especially when it impacts your job duties. For instance, if you applied to Customer Care, they tell you that you will be an Assistant for an On-Site Manager, and that you don't need the training or knowledge of a Customer Care. Also, the environment is interesting in that an On-Site Manager constantly uses foul language and curses. Nothing directly at you, but no one should be subjected to inappropriate language. Unfortunately, On-Site Managers are salaried and thus more protected, compared to regular, new employees.

Pros

If you like to participate in fantasy sports/games, this is a great place for you. Unfortunately, not something I was into.

Cons

Pay and working hours, Very difficult to gauge and understand office environment, Was the company treating coffee/snacks, or did you have to pay for it if someone was getting coffee/snacks or lunch?

Very clicky and difficult to understand company norms

There are no clear objectives. Basically I was constantly feeling out of the loop on things that impacted me. For instance, everyone knew that I would be assisting other properties/on-managers before I would. I was basically the last person to know, and it was a bit frustrating as I should be getting input or have a rough idea what might be happening because it would ultimately impact me. Furthermore, they have a practice of a bait-and-switch mentality. The job posting listed the pay as one thing but the offer said another. Also, I applied for a specific role and expected the position would be as the job title listed on the posting, but on day one I was told my title/responsibilities would be something else. Sure I still did the job responsibilities that was initially listed for what I had applied to. The company has a habit of making decisions without your input when it affects you, because they dismissed the opportunity for potential learning as they claim "you don't need it." How do you know if it isn't necessary or important, especially when you are trying to take in all this new information or learn something new that might be helpful?

Pros

No one wears a mask and not social distancing, so if you want to not have to deal with those guidelines then this is the place for you., You don't get any type of sick compensation for COVID related issues, because that is considered as sick time, which you ONLY get after 90 days of employment!

Cons

One of the on-site managers was horrible as constantly used foul language, and was not in a position to report since I was new., I sat in front of the computer screen with nothing to do for several days, as this on-site manager would not delegate assignments, or give you the proper time to learn what to do., It was like the on-site manager needed to handle an issue but while they were gone, something came up but you had no clue what to do, because the on-site manager never helped you learn/train you, so unfortunately you basically felt useless., The software system is a joke and everyone knows it is horrible but they do nothing about it!

Great company

Pmp is one of the best work cultures. As of now they are new to AZ but have operations in three other states and growing rapidly. Leadership is highly engaged and committed to evolving the employee experience as opposed to the others who operate in the same manner they did 20 years ago. With their entry into AZ less than two years ago it’s a excellent opportunity to grow with the company and future advancement.

Pros

Culture, individual offices, small portfolios

Great learning experience

This job wants you to have a career, however, make sure you are completely invested in the work because it can be quite daunting. Customer service experience is a must. Know that stress comes along with the job itself but the company is very willing to help if asked. Your hours may be quite long and requires a lot of time to be put in.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Stress, time management

Great Company with an Amazing Culture

This company really values their employees and focuses on a positive culture. I have worked here for two years and it is amazing to see a management team that really cares. It is rare to find this at most companies.

Pros

Great Company Culture

Horrible Work Culture

PMP has a work culture for a select few. I rather work at McDonalds than work for them. Lots of favoritism going on for those who don't have real experience for the job they do.

Pros

Cons

Alot

Horrible Place to Work

I would rather rip out all of my hair one strand at a time than continue to work here. Call after call of unsatisfied customers, few managers actually respond to homeowners, and everyone complains on their breaks about the lack of effort from others. Don't apply here unless you want to hate your job.

Amazing Team!

The culture at PMP is truly unique. Everyone works hard and the staff is all truly cohesive. The level of dedication to quality, customer care and success shows. The HOA management field is stressful by nature but the team uses that to fuel its success. Constantly striving to be better. You definitely feel like you are within a family and not just a job!

Pros

Strong team environment

Cons

Professionals who care about their clients

Working at PMP was a joy. The people I worked with were very welcoming and before the week was out, I already had lunch buddies. The work can be intense because the work is very important to the clients- who are homeowners and homeowners associations. PMP works hard to make sure they feel like they are cared for and that they are completely in compliance with community regulations and values. I came into the business as a newbie and left having made valuable friendships with not just the staff but our clients.

Pros

Some really great people on staff who care about their work, each other, and their customers

Cons

The work can get overwhelming because sometimes the clients have unreasonable expectations.

Terrific Place to Work

This is a very impressive company within the HOA Property Management industry. Great people and always evolving to meet the needs of the company, our customers and their employees.

Cons

Fast paced and a great culture

The HOA industry is one very busy industry. It's a fast paced environment, but the amazing culture at PMP makes up for it. We are all one big family where everyone is very helpful and kind. Management is great too. The company benefits are great as well. They also offer other programs where you can redeem points for gift cards later. Overall, I would recommend this place to my family and friends. If you're new to the HOA industry, be prepared. It's busy, and not a lot of people have a clear understanding of what it entitles. However, if you are a vet and know the industry, this is a great company to work for.

Pros

Yummy Treats, Great Culture, Fun Activities, Great People

Cons

Busy Industry

Experienced amazing

I had a great experience with my company that i work for. I learn a lot of things , it was a great challenge for my life. I am grateful being a part of this team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PMP Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits