PT Gaming Employee Reviews

fun place to work in
Participate as a Casino Table Game Associate (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CA 94806July 20, 2018
PT gaming provides the best working environment for its employee and provide all the idea and tricks to employee to be very quick and catch the mistake on the spot, supervisor and manager are always ready to provide help and co-ordinate with employee.
Terrible location, no parking, lots of homeless
Banker (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 27, 2018
This company Is horrible. I worked there for 3 years and had the worst experience. The pay is low, the customers are mean, and you get no appreciation for your hard work from the company. Stay away from this company.
Cons
10 mins breaks that aren't paid, a week vacation a year, management always sides with casino
Never had an Issue with them
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 16, 2018
I really liked working for them even though there is mandatory overtime but they knew how to be considerate if you couldn't do it one day they were pretty fair about it. Loved management never had a problem with them.
Great company
High stakes casino banker (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90502March 26, 2018
They were great about teaching you the ropes, training you and up and working with your strengths and improving on weakness. Plenty of hours and decent pay.
Productive fulfilling work in an environment welcoming and made efforts to fix any issues that arose.
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90502March 13, 2018
A typical day of work at PTG entailed clocking in at 5pm to relieve the other lead associate in charge of the podium/ shift and being relieved at 5am when my push would arrive. I learned multiple interpersonal communication skills and how to handle high tense situations in regards to multiple volatile players and how to remain calm in those situations. As a lead associate for PTG we were the first line of defense in regards to any issues that happened on the casino floor and had to communicate efficiently to Floor staff and upper management as promptly as possible while remaining aware of the constant issues arising on the casino floor. The hardest part of the job was reprimanding associates for lax behavior due to the nature of the work and how comfortable associates would be after a period of time at the casino. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build relationships with my co-workers and making the casino a healthy work environment for the associates I would interact with.
Pros
Free Lunches, Building relationships with coworkers, Being able to assets high pressure situations in a calm manner
Cons
Short breaks, Confronting associates on their extended break/lunch timings, Being short staffed, Being put in situations where associates that were discontent with overtime, keeping associates overtime to complete lunches and breaks in a timely manner
Stressful, soul-sucking, dirty, and unpleasant
Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMarch 6, 2018
2 stars only because the people you work with (other Banking Associates and casino staff) are pretty cool and fun to work with. If I had anything good to say about management and the company as a whole, I might've given them a higher rating.

The only reason I stayed with this company for as long as I did was because my coworkers were pretty great. Other than that, I really have nothing good to say about the job or the company.

Management plays favorites despite their claims of not doing so and they don't care much for employee morale unless you're a favorite of one of the supervisors or senior managers. You're basically stuck at a table sitting next to gamblers that haven't gone home or showered in a week.

However, the idea of getting paid to literally gamble with someone else's money is pretty cool and fun to talk about with friends.

Unfortunately, I can't in good conscience reccommend this job to anybody unless you're only planning on staying with them temporarily. This job will do find as a placeholder, but don't stay with them longer than you need to. There really isn't much, if any, pay off for staying with them.
Horrible comp.
Prop player (Former Employee) –  Rosamond, CAFebruary 15, 2018
They do not have to offer anything but bare min for their employees. There is no sense of worth in this company supervisors openly complain about the company as well as customers. You do not have any time for yourself and are expected to be at their becoming call. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Read above
well I think this job is secure
Associate Banker (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 13, 2018
This is an easy job, that pays more than any other entry level job. Very interesting job culture but emotionally draining sometimes. If you need a job right away, apply for them. It's quite a fun job for the first few months.
It was ok
Gaming Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2018
It was a good place to work, but some new associates aren't qualified enough to be in that job. The management should hire more qualified individuals.
Public Friendly
Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 20, 2018
Working at card tables with the public. New people to meet not bad to work for. Overall it can be a fun environment. The downside is that you sit at a table your entire shift and watch cards.
Great Company to work for
Third Party Proposition Player (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Great asset of a job. I would definitely not be leaving this job any time soon. If I were to recommend this job to a friend, my main goal to point out is to just show up to work on time. This job generously appreciates their staff and all people who work with them. I love this job and I'm glad I found it. Without this job I wouldn't know where I would be in life, probably somewhere struggling with two minimum wage jobs.
Good interim job, for younger people (21-32) years of age
VIP banker (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Fast-paced, stressful, lots of overtime. Fun environment, customers can be a source of amusement. Employees tend to become quick friends. Most of the food is good, lots of variety. Occasionally can earn a free meal.
awful poor place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Artichoke Joes, San BrunoNovember 17, 2017
You'll have to deal with the same drunk patrons throwing their money away every day.. you'll get stuck working forced overtime and get docked for even ASKING for time off.. if you call in sick or if you have a family emergency.. there is no work life balance here.. it's cutthroat for you and for customers..
Pros
restaurant has huge selection
Cons
people in restaurant have bad attitudes too..
fun workpalce
Banker (Current Employee) –  San Pablo, CANovember 6, 2017
everything is good, you meeting new people and have connection with them and build a good relationship with them to be a better costumer service and always listen.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Easy Check
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 20, 2017
People can be placed in danger at any moment and the company will let you go if it comes to a question of defending you. The most sexism I've ever seen in a professional work environment.
Miserable place to work
TPPL Banker (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 10, 2017
Bad management due to favoritism was always the issues... Hard working associated was never noticed... Overtime 10 or 13 hours labor throw out my 7 years was never fix... With any problems you have bad management don't see to help your side and solve the problem instead they blame you for it...
Pros
Only 30 minutes lunch break
Cons
Short 10 minutes break
Ok for short term
Third-Party Proposition Player/Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 5, 2017
I've done a lot more work for a lot less money, so the fact you are making decent money is enough to keep people around for a while. The problem is, you can get too comfortable, and when the time comes to try and leave, you have a job on your resume that does not translate well to other prospective employers. Employees and management are generally pretty good people, however, the casino patrons you deal with (the same ones every day) can put a strain on you mentally. This ain't Vegas and its not fun and games. These are real problem gamblers, and they generally are not the nicest people to see on a daily basis.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Guaranteed 40 hours.
Cons
Can be mentally exhausting.
Supervisors forgot how they first started
Gaming Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 25, 2017
Job entails gambling. I'm critical of this company because management acts like its associates can "fix" the outcome of a gambling game. If you lose, the supervisors ask the associate "What happened?" They fail to realize most times its gambling, customer DO WIN but their attitude is clean up all of the money. The supervisors also fail to realize that they were once associates who also experienced wins/losses. The company does need to win to survive but not every single time the cards are dealt. The casino only runs the game and PT Gaming should work with the casino but THEY WANT TO CONTROL EVERYTHING!
Pros
pay is not bad for what you do
Cons
supervisors are a joke when it comes to losses
This place is a good place to work at.
Third Party Proposition Player (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 24, 2017
Ptg is a good company to work for. The hours are there. And the pays decent. The only thing is its hard for advancement and yoy will have to be able to deal with all typss of customers.
ok
Gaming Associate (Former Employee) –  Lucky lady CasinoAugust 17, 2017
P.T. Gaming was full of promise and opportunity, however most of those opportunities were limited to casino related employment. The job is mostly security related and gaming knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PT Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.