PT Gaming Employee Reviews

Easy Money
Casino Banker (Former Employee) –  Stockton CaliforniaNovember 21, 2018
This company is absolutely amazing to work for and which taking a temporary break from your actual career or even beginning a new one being a banker at pt gaming is amazing!
Everyone is so nice to work with and the management team is very devoted to helping her staff and standing by their side no matter what the situation maybe. Must say my favorite thing ever was my second interview and which we gambled at the table learning the rules of blackjack 21 and every day we went to work we actually Advanced our skills more and more into the gambling card rooms to where we can actually master and protect our techniques of knowing the games inside and out.
Pros
Super fun environment and easy Beyond easy money with a great competitive wages and health insurance
Cons
No customer service-mute while on table
To each their own
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 17, 2018
I’ve worked in the Stockton and Manteca area. I’ve had good and bad experiences and have seen others have both. Your experience will depend on your locations management and possibly your co-workers/how reserved or open you are.

Overall management has made a good effort to keep things professional and to make employees feel appreciated. I’ve had very few that had made me feel disrespected, but others (majority) honestly made me feel really comfortable and have helped on rough days. HR is always available and attentive. You don’t have to take bs from anyone. Just speak up. Unfortunately, I have seen a few people get fired, transferred, and receive write ups on what seemed to be almost just he said/she saids, but I think they try the best they can or what they genuinely think is best. However, those people don’t seem to easily lose the negative stigma.

Turn over in the morning is very low while turn over on the later shifts and graveyard are higher. I think it’s just the shifts themselves. The easier you are to work with the better your experience will be with the company. By this I mean things as simple as your reaction to constructive feedback, instructions, your ability to stay focused, reliability etc. If you do have problems with anyone, stray away from snapping or being petty because that more than likely will backfire. I’ve seen many oblivious to this. Address the issue calm and professionally. If you’re a good employee, you are rehirable after leaving.

Your raises are based on your performance. You receive performance reviews, but may ask for feedback at any
  more... moment to achieve any goals and that may include a raise.
Termination does not easily happen unless a serious issue occurs or you accrue a set amount of points. There’s plenty of room, but do not abuse it because if an emergency comes up, you will need that cushion.
PTO is not as great if you are newer, but the longer you work there, the more you will receive. PSL is very fair as well.
For some, working in a casino is easy. For others, it may be tedious, but it all depends on work preference style. For what they offer and the requirements needed to work there, I say it is definitely a good deal and can open opportunities.
Pros
Management effort
Cons
Minor cons in description
Ok for short term
Third-Party Proposition Player/Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 5, 2017
I've done a lot more work for a lot less money, so the fact you are making decent money is enough to keep people around for a while. The problem is, you can get too comfortable, and when the time comes to try and leave, you have a job on your resume that does not translate well to other prospective employers. Employees and management are generally pretty good people, however, the casino patrons you deal with (the same ones every day) can put a strain on you mentally. This ain't Vegas and its not fun and games. These are real problem gamblers, and they generally are not the nicest people to see on a daily basis.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Guaranteed 40 hours.
Cons
Can be mentally exhausting.
Terrible location, no parking, lots of homeless
Banker (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 27, 2018
This company Is horrible. I worked there for 3 years and had the worst experience. The pay is low, the customers are mean, and you get no appreciation for your hard work from the company. Stay away from this company.
Cons
10 mins breaks that aren't paid, a week vacation a year, management always sides with casino
Its a hard job mentally
Third Party Proposition Player (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 10, 2018
When going to work, most of the time you don't know when you'll be home. You have to deal with all types of attitudes your not allowed to talk on tables. They give you late breaks and lunches. Supervisors are so stress they take it out on you. they don't really motivate you to move up. Power hungry people, who some times abuse that authority.
Quality Employers, Draining Lifestyle
Third Party Proposition Player (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Working in a casino isn't quite exactly my choice of work, but it's something that will provide for you if you need full time work with plenty of hours and job security.
You sit at a card table for 10-12 hours, watching the game play out, ensuring legitimacy from both the casino's dealers and the customers. The job gets slow and mind numbing, but if you have no problem with a low-effort office job,you should be content. Although, to be mentioned, casino patrons enjoy getting rowdy.

The pay is reasonable, you really don't do much at all and the staff was friendly and accommodating.
Pros
Long hours, quality benefits, easy work
Cons
Often slow paced, sleep comes naturally sitting there for extended periods of time, and loud, stressful environment
fun place to work in
Participate as a Casino Table Game Associate (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CA 94806July 20, 2018
PT gaming provides the best working environment for its employee and provide all the idea and tricks to employee to be very quick and catch the mistake on the spot, supervisor and manager are always ready to provide help and co-ordinate with employee.
Stressful, soul-sucking, dirty, and unpleasant
Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAMarch 6, 2018
2 stars only because the people you work with (other Banking Associates and casino staff) are pretty cool and fun to work with. If I had anything good to say about management and the company as a whole, I might've given them a higher rating.

The only reason I stayed with this company for as long as I did was because my coworkers were pretty great. Other than that, I really have nothing good to say about the job or the company.

Management plays favorites despite their claims of not doing so and they don't care much for employee morale unless you're a favorite of one of the supervisors or senior managers. You're basically stuck at a table sitting next to gamblers that haven't gone home or showered in a week.

However, the idea of getting paid to literally gamble with someone else's money is pretty cool and fun to talk about with friends.

Unfortunately, I can't in good conscience reccommend this job to anybody unless you're only planning on staying with them temporarily. This job will do find as a placeholder, but don't stay with them longer than you need to. There really isn't much, if any, pay off for staying with them.
Never had an Issue with them
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 16, 2018
I really liked working for them even though there is mandatory overtime but they knew how to be considerate if you couldn't do it one day they were pretty fair about it. Loved management never had a problem with them.
VERY BAD COMPANY to work for!
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 12, 2015
This is a very bad company to work for. Although they pay you nice, the job entails you to sit at a table ALL DAY and do the exact same thing for 8 hours every single day. You will be harassed by the players, physically and verbally and the supervisors do not care to do anything about it. In terms of raises, they will not give you any even if you do everything they ask you to go do. Every casino in the company is vastly understaffed, because everyone HATES their job. You will be forced to work 6 days on a grave yard shift and you will hate it. There is a reason why they are constantly hiring people. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Cons
Short Breaks, Forced to work overtime
Great Management
Proposition player (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJuly 26, 2017
Great management and reliable employees who are properly trained. Great alternative to working in a casino, smaller location and no smoking inside. Medical benefits and free lunches when you do any overtime, which can be accumulated to use as desired.
Productive, good company
Third Party Proposition Player/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 31, 2017
I really enjoy working for PT Gaming, I think they are a good company that has been nothing but good to me. The company provides competitive industry wages and has decent benefits. Management tries to constantly engage staff and provides opportunities for growth to all employees.
Dont do it
Third Party Proposition Player (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 16, 2017
Its not worth it. Its a fun job that pays decent and the benefits are great which is what made me stay however the management is complete bs. Especially the senior manager Pao! Very UNprofessional company to work for
Pros
Benefits, the players you meet
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE! From casino management to hr in so cal
Productive fulfilling work in an environment welcoming and made efforts to fix any issues that arose.
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90502March 13, 2018
A typical day of work at PTG entailed clocking in at 5pm to relieve the other lead associate in charge of the podium/ shift and being relieved at 5am when my push would arrive. I learned multiple interpersonal communication skills and how to handle high tense situations in regards to multiple volatile players and how to remain calm in those situations. As a lead associate for PTG we were the first line of defense in regards to any issues that happened on the casino floor and had to communicate efficiently to Floor staff and upper management as promptly as possible while remaining aware of the constant issues arising on the casino floor. The hardest part of the job was reprimanding associates for lax behavior due to the nature of the work and how comfortable associates would be after a period of time at the casino. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build relationships with my co-workers and making the casino a healthy work environment for the associates I would interact with.
Pros
Free Lunches, Building relationships with coworkers, Being able to assets high pressure situations in a calm manner
Cons
Short breaks, Confronting associates on their extended break/lunch timings, Being short staffed, Being put in situations where associates that were discontent with overtime, keeping associates overtime to complete lunches and breaks in a timely manner
Great Company to work for
Third Party Proposition Player (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Great asset of a job. I would definitely not be leaving this job any time soon. If I were to recommend this job to a friend, my main goal to point out is to just show up to work on time. This job generously appreciates their staff and all people who work with them. I love this job and I'm glad I found it. Without this job I wouldn't know where I would be in life, probably somewhere struggling with two minimum wage jobs.
well I think this job is secure
Associate Banker (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAFebruary 13, 2018
This is an easy job, that pays more than any other entry level job. Very interesting job culture but emotionally draining sometimes. If you need a job right away, apply for them. It's quite a fun job for the first few months.
awful poor place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Artichoke Joes, San BrunoNovember 17, 2017
You'll have to deal with the same drunk patrons throwing their money away every day.. you'll get stuck working forced overtime and get docked for even ASKING for time off.. if you call in sick or if you have a family emergency.. there is no work life balance here.. it's cutthroat for you and for customers..
Pros
restaurant has huge selection
Cons
people in restaurant have bad attitudes too..
Great company
High stakes casino banker (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90502March 26, 2018
They were great about teaching you the ropes, training you and up and working with your strengths and improving on weakness. Plenty of hours and decent pay.
Fun place to work
Third Party Propositional Player/Banker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Pay is nice and everynight is a possible adventure. The supervisors are usually cool and righteous in what they do, and also they have health benefits and employee appreciation things on certain days of the year.
Horrible comp.
Prop player (Former Employee) –  Rosamond, CAFebruary 15, 2018
They do not have to offer anything but bare min for their employees. There is no sense of worth in this company supervisors openly complain about the company as well as customers. You do not have any time for yourself and are expected to be at their becoming call. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Read above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PT Gaming. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about