PACCAR

United States232 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

conservativeengineeringculturetruckbalancebenefittechnologyproduction

productive and fun place to gain experience and work

It is nice to work at PACCAR, to gain experience, work life balance , it takes time and timing to get promotions and raise, compensation/benefits are not great.

Grea place to work, management could use some polish

I've been applying to this place for the past 5 years. I have a habit of being honest and straightforward so I wasnt selected when answering questions o. The assessment. Fail one of those and you have to wait 6 months before you can apply again. I finally got in and was hopeful for the first time in years. But the expectations they have for you and the support they provided were seriously unbalanced. At least in the dept I was in. I was expected to scan inbound shipments with a quota to match. But some of the shipments were larger and took more time to complete. When needing a super for certain approvals, they were not around or they just refused. I made my case for early in my probation period but no help there. They even extended it since I was so close to meeting the quota. But I kept on running into the same time time consuming issue, even the super saw it a few times but I wasnt provided the help I needed. So working there is fine, its the incompetence of their leadership that I question.

Pros

Great pay, benefits and so forth

Cons

Missing supervisors and lack of support

PACCAR insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Awesome Pay and Benefits

I enjoyed working at Paccar. The management was really fair and attentive to the needs of the employees and the company alike. There were periodic raises, huge bonuses (such as Christmas bonus), modern facilities, paid time off, one week of paid time off for Christmas, etc.

Pros

A lot of perks, bonuses, raises

Cons

I can't remember off top of my head.

Overall great company to work for

While some things are very conservative here, I get a strong sense from managers I've worked with and met that they have the desire and drive to implement positive and effective change. I feel supported when I have new ideas in my work group and am given opportunities to implement them. Recognition in the form of merit increases, promotions, new business/divisional learning opportunities are many. Networking is valued highly here, and does often result in new opportunities. Mentoring program helps in this area too. Lots of corporate-led training to develop skills, which I value. Since I've started, I've seen a significant effort in increasing diversity and inclusion activities and engagement, though we aren't nearly where we should be in that regard, compared with other local companies. Long term benefits and investment into employees are competitive. However, the time off amount (starts at 10 days per year, 15 after 5 years, and maxes out at 20) is lacking. 2 paid vacation weeks per year is not enough. 20 days should be the starting point.

Pros

Long term benefits, cross divisional opportunities, talented people, supportive work environment

Cons

Vacation days not enough, long way to go in Diversity & Inclusion efforts

The Employees

The employees at PACCAR are like my family. They are hard working, very intelligent and have integrity. Management is professional and devoted. PACCAR is team oriented, because everyone has a voice. I will retire PACCAR.

Pros

The employees, benefits and pay

Cons

A secretive mess of entitled incompetence.

The corporate culture is one where federal EO regulations are keeping things in check. If the executives had their way they'd fire any woman in pants and any male who enjoyed rollerblading. Salaried positions where hours in office are kept rigid out of a sense of fear are the norm. Bosses can't seem to help their juniors do things expected of them and passing the buck is nearly encouraged. A single person fielding several positions at once is common out of a systemic lack of planning or prep chalked up to being a 'lean' company. Once in a while the company gives you a beanie and some chopsticks to show they care.

Pros

Acceptable pay, benefits

Cons

Not acceptable enough in comparison to the rest

Great benefits

Overall my experience was ok. The worst aspect we’re the ladies in Human Resources. They are extremely rude and like to cause drama, and they do not have your back when it comes to workplace issues.

Benefits

Cons

HR ladies

Consistent expectations, smart management.

Great benefits when you show up on time and work hard. I loved it there, sorry my division went to Texas. Excellent management recruiting, met many very smart and intuitive people who taught me a lot.

Pros

Good benefits, consistent expectations.

Out of date policies

Low pay, but demands a lot. Very poor management. I would never recommend anyone to work there. Paccar has that good old boy mentality as well. That's about it!!! This basically sums it up.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Out of date dress code and pay

Old School

I felt micro managed and the pay is not as high as other companies with similar positions. Company doesn't seem to trust employees and offer much flexibility

Pros

good benefits

Cons

micromanaged

Good employees, decent company.

Overall a good place to work. Pay is fair for the job you are doing. Management does not keep you well informed. Strict on vacation requests. They do have a pension.

Little to none training

The hardest part of the job is lifing all them heavy parts, short breaks. Good pay but you work very hard for that pay. No advancement. I'm glad I got out when I did..

Pros

Cons

Short breaks and only one day of training

In serious need of reconstruction, development and holding of accountability of management on plant floor.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at PACCAR Inc. is good.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at PACCAR Inc. not equal to the danger of physical harm and physical labor required.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at PACCAR Inc. it is unsecure.ManagementIn general, managers at PACCAR Inc. are in need of development and supervision.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at PACCAR Inc. is good.OverallNo talent management (placement by need regardless of skill),low moral (under appreciated workers), little/no training materials (depends if the person feels like training you or not), no HR presence(like a closed door policy),favoritism(same rules dont apply to everyone)nepotism(family=fast track development)aggressive yelling by management at employees tolerated(on occasion with consent by presence of upper managment) lack of information /communication about covid19 procedures(no standard for incidents or plan of action), punishments and threats of harder phyisical jobs by a senior manager is openly tolerated by upper management(a specific team that is physically hard) My experience working at PACCAR Inc. is an eye opener. I believed I was going to be working for a strong company with strong roots in our community and I would be proud of the job. Instead I have found myself looking for another job in the middle of a pandemic. The pay is ok, bennies and schedule are good but the environment is so toxic that I cant see myself there much longer. It is more then just a few bad eggs. It's become an unchangeable accepted way that things work.

Never felt comfortable/No diversity/Tools & processes were stuck in the 70's

Not an inclusive environment. No trust from management. They make you feel bad for leaving for a doctors appt or taking a sick day. They give you more and more work with only minimal raises. I wish there was more positive things I could say but my experience was not good.

Great if you like being single

Very difficult to maintain any sort of work/life balance, unless you are lucky enough to start on 1st shift. It's repetitive factory work that breaks your body.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Literally everything else

Seniority

Everything goes by seniority. U can be the best worker there. But get layed of because u where the last hired. Climate controlled, Great benefits and pay.

Great job

This is a great job. The best job in texas. I can definitely see myself retiring there. This company has great benefits and everything else. I can see myself in a management position.

Great place to work with great leadership and growth opportunities. Great place to retire with benefits. Numbers driven company with great results. Long term benefits.

Kw

Overall its a great place to be, just like any other sales driven company it can sometimes be unstable. Good working environment, also many great employees.

Pros

Benefits, pay, time off

Cons

Layoffs possible

Great Company

100% Autonomy in remote work scenario to handle job tasks. Learned quite a bit about industry, PACCAR culture, etc. Compensation was low in comparison to like jobs within the industry.

Love love it the people around you. They become your family. Wouldn’t trade it for nothing. Easy work enjoy messy workers good benefits depending on packages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACCAR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PACCAR.
Powered byComparably