PACCAR Inc. Employee Reviews

Open and honest communication. Great team members
Sr. SDET at Web Delivery (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 16, 2018
Open and honest communication. ...
Cooperation, support, and empowerment.
Relaxed and productive atmosphere
Compassion, respect, and understanding
Great team work
Miserable place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mayhew,msSeptember 27, 2018
The worst job i ever had they treat you as if you are a child or as its a priveledge to work for paccar employee's are definetly not #1 if u looking to retire in the next few years then its the place for you
Pros
Cons
Poorly operated
A good place to start and a good place to retire
Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 23, 2018
PACCAR is an excellent place to start working and an excellent place to retire. As a starting job, pay and benefits are amazing. The retirement plan is amazing. Not only do they have a 401(k) (with up to 5% matching) but there's also a pension plan. Not many companies have that anymore. However, for a mid-career employer, it seems lacking. The advancement potential seems low as they prefer to practice "pro-tations." This is when, instead of a promotion, they rotate you around for you to gain experience in other fields. Eventually though, you will have done everything and stay where you are. Given that that is the only negative I can think of at PACCAR, I very much do recommend it.
Challenging and Educational Experience
Sr.Lease Admin./Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 20, 2018
My day never began as intended. Before my coat was off I would have several people asking for something. It was fast paced, stressful and demanding of perfection.

I learned how to multi-task and prioritize work tasks.

The work culture was very professional as this was a corporate office environment. I could be tasked to provide upper management to CEO and senior staff assistance as anytime.

The most difficult part of my job was a very demanding senior officer requesting assistance in simple daily operations, i.e. computer usage, email and phones. I have to say after 20 years I did a great job in training. At year 6 - I was able to eliminate the Dictaphone!

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I met and had a professional relationship with. A great company with support and training.
Pros
A progressive compay, well rounded
Cons
Stressfull work enviroment, must be able to multi-task.
Great experience
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 19, 2018
No two days were the same at PEC; which was a good thing. I was fortunate to work with a close-knit team.

We worked hard and always had tons of great food. It was one of the first jobs that felt more family-oriented than anything else.

The hardest part of the job was the initial learning curve of the duties which settled after a month or two.

The most enjoyable part was getting a chance to meet the people there and help solve problems wherever possible.
Pros
Great company benefits; Competitive Pay; and internal promotion practices
Good experience but old fashioned
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 13, 2018
I had a good experience working at PACCAR and learned a lot working in the accounting department. The company is definitely behind the times and needs to start adapting to the current job market or they won't be able to attract new talent. Overall I don't regret working at PACCAR because of how much I learned, but the company definitely needs a cultural overhaul.
Cons
Strict dress code, strict hours
Decent place to get experience
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAAugust 13, 2018
Decent place to work, you can get alot of experience here. The work culture is very 1970's and very old school. They need to change the culture to get the best employees pssoible
Pros
Benefits, people
Cons
management, culture
good
Full Stack Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2018
Everyone here is really smart, and wants to succeed both personally, and as a company. People collaborate and help each other, focus on data, and truly focus on the customer
It is Fun to work at Paccar
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 8, 2018
It nice to work at Paccar with family since their schedule is flexible and the work balance so good but i want new challenge for two reason one the commute issue and prefer to work remote
Excellent Corporate company
.NET intern in PacLease (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 29, 2018
PACCAR is a great place to work. The corporate culture of the company is too good and systematic. There is not much work-stress at least for IT people.
Global, Innovative
Supplier Quality Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 23, 2018
Traditional, fast paced environment. Global, stabil company with benefits and room for advancement if you are dedicated and hard working. I loved my time in the purchasing department.
Pros
Lunch room available for employees
Good work life balance
Business Technology Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 29, 2018
I've learned a lot at PACCAR. Management tends to give promotions to folks who actively try to make PACCAR a better company. It doesn't matter what your job is, your experience is based on what you make of it.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation
Conservative environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 24, 2018
Business formal environment. Pretty conservative for being in the Pacific Northwest. Provides great foundational knowledge that sets you up for success outside of organization.
Pros
structured procedures and policies
Cons
great foundational knowledge
Fun work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 10, 2018
Fast paced with plenty of task to keep time moving. Great team work and daily goals set always provided extra enthusiasm to get higher production levels.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
High changeover in management
Great, fun, relaxed, fun place to work.
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 7, 2018
Paccar overall is a great place to work and you dont have to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week. The people are friendly and nice from supervisor, managers, to your co-workers. Great pay and benefits
Pros
free uniforms and supplies
Cons
short lunch breaks
Very traditional
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
Old School approach to business. Has a history of doing very well, but is also pretty inflexible with their business practices. This means that there are not a lot of young people who work there.
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSMay 25, 2018
No complaints so far. It's been a great place to work. From an engineering standpoint, there is a lot of support and autonomy. They also provide a pension.
Current employee
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 25, 2018
Paccar is a great company. Management respects you and yet they also push you to do your best.
Pay and benefits are great.
The culture is good. All co workers are friendly.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, good culture.
Cons
Not much overtime
Great place to learn
Production Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baja CaliforniaMay 21, 2018
The hardest part of the work is the work-life balance, the hard part is not just the long hours but we don't get paid overtime and that's by far the hardest part.
Pros
Too much to learn
Cons
Work life balance
A solid place to work
Current Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAMay 17, 2018
Solid place to work. Good compensation and benefits. Management can be baised and show favoritism. Dont like the old school work culture. Overall a good company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACCAR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight