PACCAR Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and good place to work. They really work as a team there.
Opertational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Algona, WAJanuary 10, 2019
You are cross trained in an area so often times you are not stuck in one place. They can get busy from time to time. A person can learn a lot from there such as using technology in your workplace to achieve a goal, Team work and team building. The HR department is wonderful however the actual floor managers rarely listen to their workers. The hardest part is when a Manager decides to change something that only ends up hurting the workers there productively. Even after being explained as to why it hurts the production line. Often times the floor leads and Management team do not listen. Though the people that actually work with you are the best part, as a team we can pull each other together.
Pros
Great benefits, Good pay, great people to work with, paid holidays off and vacation.
Cons
Management team does not work with their workers, employment is based on economy
Great place but needs to adapt
AERODYNAMICS AND FUEL ECONOMY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WADecember 17, 2018
PACCAR needs to adapt to the new wave of engineers. They are losing top talent out of school for two reasons. Low pay and formal dress code. This dress code definitely hurt my performance and was rather annoying.
Pros
Pretty relaxed
Cons
Business Casual dress code daily.
A good place to start and a good place to retire
Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 23, 2018
PACCAR is an excellent place to start working and an excellent place to retire. As a starting job, pay and benefits are amazing. The retirement plan is amazing. Not only do they have a 401(k) (with up to 5% matching) but there's also a pension plan. Not many companies have that anymore. However, for a mid-career employer, it seems lacking. The advancement potential seems low as they prefer to practice "pro-tations." This is when, instead of a promotion, they rotate you around for you to gain experience in other fields. Eventually though, you will have done everything and stay where you are. Given that that is the only negative I can think of at PACCAR, I very much do recommend it.
narcissistic management
DIESEL ENGINE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 2, 2019
I had planned time off in advance and was written up for it. I was also offered a new position after working there for eight months and was intentionally written up again to prevent me from accelling within the company.
Pros
They got a lunch room
Cons
Poor management
Great experience
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 19, 2018
No two days were the same at PEC; which was a good thing. I was fortunate to work with a close-knit team.

We worked hard and always had tons of great food. It was one of the first jobs that felt more family-oriented than anything else.

The hardest part of the job was the initial learning curve of the duties which settled after a month or two.

The most enjoyable part was getting a chance to meet the people there and help solve problems wherever possible.
Pros
Great company benefits; Competitive Pay; and internal promotion practices
Good experience but old fashioned
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 13, 2018
I had a good experience working at PACCAR and learned a lot working in the accounting department. The company is definitely behind the times and needs to start adapting to the current job market or they won't be able to attract new talent. Overall I don't regret working at PACCAR because of how much I learned, but the company definitely needs a cultural overhaul.
Cons
Strict dress code, strict hours
good place to work
Unit Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 10, 2018
Only worry is layoffs, day to day is busy and satisfying but have to worry about product demand. good benefits, some perks and treated well. a lot of 30+ people work there that are staying because of health insurance reasons.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
layoffs
Lots of learning opportunities
UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2018
I learned/gained a whole lot of new tools at PACCAR that I will carry with me forever. They encouraged me to think outside of the box and chase my dreams. I appreciate their generosity and wish them all the best.
Pros
Gracious employees
Cons
Long hours / No OT pay
Results Driven Career Progression Oriented
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 19, 2019
PACCAR is a great place to work if you're a go-getter and want to be able to get diversified experience in several roles. If you produce great work you are recognized and often compensated with moving up in the organization.
Challenging and Educational Experience
Sr.Lease Admin./Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 20, 2018
My day never began as intended. Before my coat was off I would have several people asking for something. It was fast paced, stressful and demanding of perfection.

I learned how to multi-task and prioritize work tasks.

The work culture was very professional as this was a corporate office environment. I could be tasked to provide upper management to CEO and senior staff assistance as anytime.

The most difficult part of my job was a very demanding senior officer requesting assistance in simple daily operations, i.e. computer usage, email and phones. I have to say after 20 years I did a great job in training. At year 6 - I was able to eliminate the Dictaphone!

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I met and had a professional relationship with. A great company with support and training.
Pros
A progressive compay, well rounded
Cons
Stressfull work enviroment, must be able to multi-task.
Open and honest communication. Great team members
Sr. SDET at Web Delivery (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 16, 2018
Open and honest communication. ...
Cooperation, support, and empowerment.
Relaxed and productive atmosphere
Compassion, respect, and understanding
Great team work
Miserable place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mayhew,msSeptember 27, 2018
The worst job i ever had they treat you as if you are a child or as its a priveledge to work for paccar employee's are definetly not #1 if u looking to retire in the next few years then its the place for you
Pros
Cons
Poorly operated
Decent place to get experience
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAAugust 13, 2018
Decent place to work, you can get alot of experience here. The work culture is very 1970's and very old school. They need to change the culture to get the best employees pssoible
Pros
Benefits, people
Cons
management, culture
Global, Innovative
Supplier Quality Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 23, 2018
Traditional, fast paced environment. Global, stabil company with benefits and room for advancement if you are dedicated and hard working. I loved my time in the purchasing department.
Pros
Lunch room available for employees
Conservative environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 24, 2018
Business formal environment. Pretty conservative for being in the Pacific Northwest. Provides great foundational knowledge that sets you up for success outside of organization.
Pros
structured procedures and policies
Cons
great foundational knowledge
Good work life balance
Business Technology Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 29, 2018
I've learned a lot at PACCAR. Management tends to give promotions to folks who actively try to make PACCAR a better company. It doesn't matter what your job is, your experience is based on what you make of it.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
compensation
It is Fun to work at Paccar
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 8, 2018
It nice to work at Paccar with family since their schedule is flexible and the work balance so good but i want new challenge for two reason one the commute issue and prefer to work remote
job summary
Assembly Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 11, 2018
Very fast pace physical job that has great pay and benefits. Politics play a great part in this occupation. The jobs vary in easy to hard but you dont get to choose where you are put and some jobs are a lot more physically demanding than others. Most management got to where they are by knowing a friend that was already in management and got an interview with them to get moved up, not by knowing skills or job qualifications. You get two 10 min breaks at which you mainly work through or are trying to gather tools for the next truck leaving barely enough time to use the restroom, and one 30 min lunch. Recommended you bring your own because by the time you get to the cafeteria there is a long line not giving enough time to sit down to enjoy the meal. The best part of the job is the benefits and pay handsdown!
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
breaks, management
Paccar summary
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 22, 2018
Workplace culture is a sad place to work, PACCAR gets new people in all the time, but they don't stay very long and the ones that do are lots of "yes" men.

PACCAR is a public traded company run by accountants and they do make money,
Yearly goals do not come out till mid May, but you have to have all of your accomplishments into mgmt. the first week in Jan, so you have no idea what goals are to they are sent out.
Tons of busy work, just to "check the box". Weekly news sent in to upper mgmt. can be only positive, no negative and no one is ever sure what they use the info for
Pros
Premium products, good intentioned people
Cons
work/ Life balance
Great, fun, relaxed, fun place to work.
Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 7, 2018
Paccar overall is a great place to work and you dont have to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week. The people are friendly and nice from supervisor, managers, to your co-workers. Great pay and benefits
Pros
free uniforms and supplies
Cons
short lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACCAR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight