PACCAR Inc.

Renton, WA36 reviews

PACCAR Inc. insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Great benefits

Overall my experience was ok. The worst aspect we’re the ladies in Human Resources. They are extremely rude and like to cause drama, and they do not have your back when it comes to workplace issues.

Benefits

Cons

HR ladies

In serious need of reconstruction, development and holding of accountability of management on plant floor.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at PACCAR Inc. is good.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at PACCAR Inc. not equal to the danger of physical harm and physical labor required.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at PACCAR Inc. it is unsecure.ManagementIn general, managers at PACCAR Inc. are in need of development and supervision.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at PACCAR Inc. is good.OverallNo talent management (placement by need regardless of skill),low moral (under appreciated workers), little/no training materials (depends if the person feels like training you or not), no HR presence(like a closed door policy),favoritism(same rules dont apply to everyone)nepotism(family=fast track development)aggressive yelling by management at employees tolerated(on occasion with consent by presence of upper managment) lack of information /communication about covid19 procedures(no standard for incidents or plan of action), punishments and threats of harder phyisical jobs by a senior manager is openly tolerated by upper management(a specific team that is physically hard) My experience working at PACCAR Inc. is an eye opener. I believed I was going to be working for a strong company with strong roots in our community and I would be proud of the job. Instead I have found myself looking for another job in the middle of a pandemic. The pay is ok, bennies and schedule are good but the environment is so toxic that I cant see myself there much longer. It is more then just a few bad eggs. It's become an unchangeable accepted way that things work.

You may not interview unless you have a Bachelors degree

The company is very degree oriented, you may need a Bachelors degree for most jobs. Job security and advancement within the company may also be based on whether or not you have a Bachelors degree.

Productive and collaborative

An agile environment and a great domain with a quick to learn atmosphere to understand automobiles and customers. A potential for good growth in career.

It's a good company to retire

Excellent job security, lot of opportunities to switch jobs within the organization. They are improving on systems now. No jeans allowed, except for few days.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

People are widgets

Culture is about profit and being lean; people are just a tool. Expected to work under Agile sprints regardless of job functions. Controlling work environment, does not allow managers to do any tele-commuting.

PACCAR is an American Fortune 500 company and counts among the largest manufacturers of medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles in the world.

I have learned how to work with different applications and tools to provide the best customer service. Multitasking, productivity and working under stress were important feature of the life.

Smart and easy going workplace with espresso machines

Information Technology Division has a lot to offer. Salaried employees are offered the flexibility depending on role. Good operations environment to learn about IT in the corporate enterprise. Management is a mix; you never know who you will have to work with next. Peers are great and respectful to make the work spaces comfortable.

Room for advancement

PACCAR has multiple divisions that allows for room for advancement withing the company and provide good benefits. The corporate office can be very conservative.

Benefits

Cons

Not the most competitive salaries

Good company to work for

The company has a great work-life balance and also their pension plan is good. I think its one of the few companies that offers pension in the US. Management is good.

Not a design shop

Really exited to work there just not a good fit for designers as I was the only one. Culture was very 'engineering" focus and not so much for the 'design team' they offered to me when I first got the job. I was like where's the team and they awkwardly said 'your it'. Never a good fit to be a lone wolf and literally had to compete with the design agency they said was 'my team'

Pros

good $

Cons

All engineers no helpful collabration or mentoring help

Rarely were there days with little to do. I learned a lot about making decisions and standing by them and being given the freedom to do my job. The hardest part was learning to work with proprietary applications in an environment where everyone is very busy. Most enjoyable for me was the challenge and strapping myself in to figure things out and master them.

Pros

Security of work

Cons

Some on the team didn't pull their weight

Results Driven Career Progression Oriented

PACCAR is a great place to work if you're a go-getter and want to be able to get diversified experience in several roles. If you produce great work you are recognized and often compensated with moving up in the organization.

narcissistic management

I had planned time off in advance and was written up for it. I was also offered a new position after working there for eight months and was intentionally written up again to prevent me from accelling within the company.

Pros

They got a lunch room

Cons

Poor management

Open and honest communication. Great team members

Open and honest communication. ... Cooperation, support, and empowerment. Relaxed and productive atmosphere Compassion, respect, and understanding Great team work

It is Fun to work at Paccar

It nice to work at Paccar with family since their schedule is flexible and the work balance so good but i want new challenge for two reason one the commute issue and prefer to work remote

Paccar summary

Workplace culture is a sad place to work, PACCAR gets new people in all the time, but they don't stay very long and the ones that do are lots of "yes" men.PACCAR is a public traded company run by accountants and they do make money, Yearly goals do not come out till mid May, but you have to have all of your accomplishments into mgmt. the first week in Jan, so you have no idea what goals are to they are sent out.Tons of busy work, just to "check the box". Weekly news sent in to upper mgmt. can be only positive, no negative and no one is ever sure what they use the info for

Pros

Premium products, good intentioned people

Cons

work/ Life balance

PACCAR Kenworth Truck Factory Renton WA

PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services, information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.

No Comment

None I was a contractor for PACCAR. Worked in the Claims Processing group performing mainteance and enhancements to the existing system. Flexible work hours.

Best place to work

Very good work life balance, slow work lot of senior people. Relaxed work, best place to work. Old style management. very good work culture, really great place to work

Depressing

Stable company and job security, but it will eat you alive working there unless you are like amish or grew up in a very sheltered 60s traditional culture.

Pros

job security

Cons

culture, and everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACCAR Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PACCAR Inc..
Powered byComparably