PACCAR Inc.
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

PACCAR Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

Very difficult to maintain any sort of work/life balance, unless you are lucky enough to start on 1st shift. It's repetitive factory work that breaks your body.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Literally everything else
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at PACCAR Inc. is good.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at PACCAR Inc. not equal to the danger of physical harm and physical labor required.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at PACCAR Inc. it is unsecure.ManagementIn general, managers at PACCAR Inc. are in need of development and supervision.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at PACCAR Inc. is good.OverallNo talent management (placement by need regardless of skill),low moral (under appreciated workers), little/no training materials (depends if the person feels like training you or not), no HR presence(like a closed door policy),favoritism(same rules dont apply to everyone)nepotism(family=fast track development)aggressive yelling by management at employees tolerated(on occasion with consent by presence of upper managment) lack of information /communication about covid19 procedures(no standard for incidents or plan of action), punishments and threats of harder phyisical jobs by a senior manager is openly tolerated by upper management(a specific team that is physically hard) My experience working at PACCAR Inc. is an eye opener. I believed I was going to be working for a strong company with strong roots in our community and I would be proud of the job. Instead I have found myself looking for another job in the middle of a pandemic. The pay is ok, bennies and schedule are good but the environment is so toxic that I cant see myself there much longer. It is more then just a few bad eggs. It's become an unchangeable accepted way that things work.
Not an inclusive environment. No trust from management. They make you feel bad for leaving for a doctors appt or taking a sick day. They give you more and more work with only minimal raises. I wish there was more positive things I could say but my experience was not good.
Everything goes by seniority. U can be the best worker there. But get layed of because u where the last hired. Climate controlled, Great benefits and pay.
This is a great job. The best job in texas. I can definitely see myself retiring there. This company has great benefits and everything else. I can see myself in a management position.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great place to work with great leadership and growth opportunities. Great place to retire with benefits. Numbers driven company with great results. Long term benefits.
PACCAR is a "lean" organization, which translates into not having enough resources to do day-to-day work AND all the other problem resolution events that will come your way. There is no telecommuting option. No one will approve it despite most people being on laptops. They are, however, amazingly agreeable to you working extra hours at home whenever you feel like it! Pay is not commensurate with other companies. They will low-ball you after your interview - expect it. There is a pension program in place that keeps long-timers in the company and stagnates the work environment. Consequently, there are few advancement opportunities. Some departments have incredible turnover rates because people find better jobs while they are working. I think PACCAR's best attribute is being a known Puget Sound company name to put on your resume in order to get the job/company you really want.
Overall its a great place to be, just like any other sales driven company it can sometimes be unstable. Good working environment, also many great employees.
Pros
Benefits, pay, time off
Cons
Layoffs possible
100% Autonomy in remote work scenario to handle job tasks. Learned quite a bit about industry, PACCAR culture, etc. Compensation was low in comparison to like jobs within the industry.
Love love it the people around you. They become your family. Wouldn’t trade it for nothing. Easy work enjoy messy workers good benefits depending on packages
It’s ok. I been here two years. I don’t like culture and some people aren’t friendly. Starting pay is cool. I just wish raises were more. But it’s a new company in Texas.
PACCAR has multiple divisions that allows for room for advancement withing the company and provide good benefits. The corporate office can be very conservative.
Benefits
Cons
Not the most competitive salaries
Excellent company to work for. Good benefits and pay, but not good for pay raises. If you are looking for a stable employer PACCAR is a good choice. PACCAR has given me quite a bit of latitude in defining my role as an engineer within the company, although I would say that electrical engineering is not treated with the same respect as mechanical engineering.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Expectation of unpaid overtime
Almost all of the people I worked with were friendly and helpful. Management keep telling you to move faster and work harder when you are already at 100%.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Management was afraid to make decisions form the plant manager level down. Corporate was a constant threat to plant salary personnel. Plant management tried to hide production issues from corporate. Annual loss was over 50 million dollars per year since the engine plant opened. This was a very odd company with a culture that needed revamping.
Pros
Salary and benifits good.
Cons
High Stress, weak management, intense work load.
Paccar is an extremely old school company. They put a lot more value in time of service rather than individual ability. In my experience, the work isn't very challenging. I rarely work more than 40 hrs a week. In the embedded engineering division they are really bad about giving out promotions. Outside of promotions the only raises you will receive are "merit raises" which usually range from 2-4 % depending on the year. There are some really good people working here but the company itself does not recognize those who go above and beyond. This doesn't promote a a great atmosphere and most of the time it feels like everyone is just trying to get to Friday.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
low pay
Paccar is a good company with very good benefits, unfortunately it is easier to find a better job than being promoted, and the job culture is very old.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Dumb Promotion System and Job Culture Obsolete
It will always be a company first everything else a distant second. A couple of years ago there was a sudden snow storm with 14 inches of snow that hit the ground in the matter of 2-3 hours. People left due to fear of getting kids, etc. They wrote up and/or fired a bunch of them. Absolutely insane. They are just extremely old school and in the end its a game of favorites more than anywhere else I've ever worked. Its not the worst place in the world and yet for a salaried position, its the last place I would ever want to work again. On the plus side, they have decent benefits but save vacation days in case they don't have enough work for you which happens frequently or you'll go unpaid. They also will layoff hourly workers in a heartbeat in order preserve their 75+ year streak of making a profit. If you know anyone that works there, ask about the Chairman. Everyone else works there because they are local and don't want to move and there just aren't that many good paying companies in the area. Again, I warned you!
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Everything else
You are cross trained in an area so often times you are not stuck in one place. They can get busy from time to time. A person can learn a lot from there such as using technology in your workplace to achieve a goal, Team work and team building. The HR department is wonderful however the actual floor managers rarely listen to their workers. The hardest part is when a Manager decides to change something that only ends up hurting the workers there productively. Even after being explained as to why it hurts the production line. Often times the floor leads and Management team do not listen. Though the people that actually work with you are the best part, as a team we can pull each other together.
Pros
Great benefits, Good pay, great people to work with, paid holidays off and vacation.
Cons
Management team does not work with their workers, employment is based on economy
Only worry is layoffs, day to day is busy and satisfying but have to worry about product demand. good benefits, some perks and treated well. a lot of 30+ people work there that are staying because of health insurance reasons.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
layoffs
I learned/gained a whole lot of new tools at PACCAR that I will carry with me forever. They encouraged me to think outside of the box and chase my dreams. I appreciate their generosity and wish them all the best.
Pros
Gracious employees
Cons
Long hours / No OT pay