PACCAR Parts

Renton, WA23 reviews

PACCAR Parts insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

a company that values a lot on education, most employees are very well-educated

As a transitioning veteran, I did my fellowship in PACCAR Parts before I got out of military. It was a great experience, I learned a lot from eveyone that I worked with. My manager was very supportive and all the other coworkers are very friendly as well. If there is anything I don't like, it will be too many online meetings. Due to COVID-19 we were allowed to tele work, but there were too many meetings everyday. Overall, this is a great company, and their benefits package is great that not many companies still have pension, and PACCAR is one of them.

Pros

Pension

Cons

Too many meetings

Endless possibilities, if you've got what they want at the moment.

Within my five years at PACCAR Parts, I was given five promotions. Across the departments I was in, one thing was clear: the head honchos pull the strings and call the shots. If you somehow end up in their good graces, you can count on feeling on top of the world. Find yourself on the other side of the arbitrary fence? ....Not so much. If you want to do well, unfortunately, you need to have a manager vouch for you ASAP- they can and will absolutely make and break your reputation- and the manager positions are revolving doors.

Pros

Good benefits, Pension

Cons

Company culture, Understaffed, Outdated Technology

They pay well. But ask a lot.

They pay well, and if you fit the mold, then you are treated well and fit in. The mold is conservative golfer, hawks fan, and straight edge. If you are outside of the mold (like visible tattoos), you are asked to cover it up. They want business professional dress all the time even if they claim it's business casual. But at least they pay well for the inconvenience of pretending to be a golf dad. 9/10; would work for again.

Pros

Great pay, usually flexible about schedule, Handled covid really well

Cons

Business professional all the time, Attire and personality.

Plenty of work, Fun but challenging

Great team work, Management insists on Degrees in business...Employees make the daily work enjoyable. High climate of competition to get to management positions so there is plenty of who you know verses what you know.

Pros

Employees enjoy plenty of perks, food, celebrations etc. Work done well.

Cons

Dress code, no facial hair, and fear of senior management, time off accrual, open on all holidays

Office Space (movie) incarnate

Cubicles galore. Crusty, old and white company. Make dominate. Might as well be the 1950’s when you work there. Tough to trust people as most are clawing up the corporate ladder. You feel like a cog because you are only a cog. Pay and benefits were great. Training programs available were great. Dress code. Must wear a suit at corporate at all times. Women have more options as they aren’t required to wear dresses but can do suits as well. The chairman in the make version of the Devil Wears Prada. Black balls or fires anyone that looks at him wrong.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Fantastic Co-Workers and Managers, Basic Corporate Atmosphere

PACCAR has a strong corporate hierarchy managing its complex, extremely broad business model and operations. Everyone was friendly and seemed to enjoy their day-to-day.

Culture of hard work

People at PACCAR work hard. that is what has made them profitable as a company for over 100 years. There is an expectation that every person will accomplish what they are supposed to do, that can be a tough culture to swallow sometimes but it makes well trained hard working employees.

Awesome place to work

Great work life balance. The people that work for Paccar Parts are extremely kind and always willing to help each other out. I think if you are looking for a great culture, you will love this place.

Terrible work environment and dishonest managemnt

Management is very controlling at Paccar. No matter how smart you are if you are not liked you will be treated poorly there. They do not promote based on your talent but their opinion. They bully you and lie to you if they have to to break you down. DO NOT WORK AT THIS COMPANY. Especially if you're an intern, I encourage you to avoid applying to this place.

Pros

No pros, only cons here

Cons

Terrible management, no work life balance, cut throat and upper management is super dishonest

Old School but evolving

Culture initially at PACCAR PARTS is very traditional, the dress code etc. However it is evolving as there are more women in leadership roles. I liked the fact that I was given many opportunities to attain new skill sets, I had a demanding but fair manager who allowed me to grow and learn new skills.

Pros

Fair company, expects hard work and loyalty.

Cons

Pay could be better.

Professional work environment with on site cafeteria

Professional work environment with flexible work schedules between 6AM and 5PM. Fast paced work environment but highly manageable. Management team is very hands-on, however, employees seem very dissatisfied with limited training, direction, and frequency of promotions.

Pros

On site-cafeteria

Cons

Limited advancement

Held Many position in different divisions and departments

By far the best company I ever worked for. Would not hesitate to go back and work again and stay with company until retirement. Excellent family owned successful stable company to work for in the global market for Class 8 trucks as well as other areas of business with opportunity to work almost any where in the world.

Pros

Stable, great pay, great benefits, great managers

Cons

Nice workplace, if a little backward.

Negatives: I've worked a lot of call centers, and this one was almost like time-traveling back to the early '90's as far as the business environment went. Every time they presented an idea as "forward-thinking" it was something almost every other company I worked in had been doing for years. Their systems are not very current, and are very counter-intuitive. The training I received was also not ideal. Positives: The pay is more than enough to overlook the negatives, and once you get to know your co-workers, it can actually become a fun environment. The company also tries to do well by its employees, both with company functions, and (at least attempted, if not successful,) morale-boosting.

Busy

Don't know what to say, but I'm required to have 50 characters in order to move on to the next. So just saying anything to get all the words needed to move on.

School Project

Worked with PACCAR on an MBA consulting project. All of the people we met with were nice and friendly. I did not get enough time to get to know many people or pay info

Pros

Big company with Long History

Cons

Hiring

Good place to work - stable company.

Good place to work - stable company with good benefits. Competitive environment, smart people that are industry leading. Very demanding and fast-paced work place.

Corporate Atmosphere

PACCAR is a very traditional company which means that the culture and environment are very corporate. Suit & tie, beige cubicles, very structured. Would not recommend for young people looking to start a career unless you don't mind the corporate culture.

Pros

Great job security, opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Low compensation, corporate environment, no culture.

Old School type of culture

Extremely conservative company with very old school policies. All decisions are made at very senior levels. Suits, and ties for men. Shaved faces required.

Great place for long term employment

PACCAR offers a safe employment opportunity especially for the working woman. Many managers at PACCAR are women. I enjoyed working for a company that can offer a safe place to work

fun place to work

could be frustrating at times, but overall a great place to work. Enjoyed working there, great location, flexibility, not allowed to work from home

good company

good company, many locations, good benifits, would of liked them to be more pro active with education

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PACCAR Parts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare PACCAR Parts with

• PACCAR Parts
  • Renton, WA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?