Pace Analytical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place for a go getter
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2018
The work was rewarding but many challenges come with it. It takes someone highly organized and willing to travel, be at the right place, and know the best solution for success here.
Pros
Seeing different places
Cons
Selling to a tough market
Pace is the worst company i have ever worked for. Fake it till you make it.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 29, 2018
Pace analytical is a young company that attempts to be stand alone however, it takes business models of unrelated companies and applies them. It is more of a factory of low quality data than a trusted laboratory. Management is what they are talking about with the phrase ‘fake it till you make it.’ 90% of issues are at the corporate level but employees are blamed for everything. It is a poor environment to attept to grow. I would not suggest anyone to work for them.
Cons
Poor communication, poor management
Good Starting Position
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 21, 2018
The Company is pretty big so you have lots of advancement opportunities. You can always learn something new. Pay is low and amount of work expected is always high.
Great Team!!!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAMay 2, 2018
While working at Pace, I learned a lot about myself and the field of Chemistry. I was trained for every test/technique from the basics on computer and hands on. I also worked with other departments to learn more material on my free time. I suggest any entry level chemist to work here, because they truly prepare you for other lab positions. It is also a great team to work with.
A fun and positive atmosphere to work for.
Environmental Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2018
Coworkers are friendly and willing to help new hire to learn and assimilate to their new position. Management are care free but also stern to hold you accountable for your actions in order to learn and not repeat mistakes.
Pros
Fun events and friendly atmosphere
Cons
The drive to work can be long during rush hour
Management Not In Tune
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 27, 2018
Management is not particularly in tune with what goes on in the lab on a day to day basis, only gets information from the lab supervisor but never has a full scope of what is going on.
Pros
good for entry level and to develop skills
Cons
management
Positive Place to Work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNMarch 26, 2018
Pace Analytical is a good place to work. The CEO and most of the managers care about their staff and have a defined direction for the company. The work atmosphere is fast paced, but generally rewarding.
It's not a good or financially beneficial environment
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 6, 2018
Pace Analytical is a business among all else. They don't care about the employees at all. They don't treat people fairly who have been with them for multiple years. A typical day at work is stressful from the start and not rewarding at the end. Management is lacking in leadership and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy while dealing with a faulty management structure. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving everyday although the work/stress often did not stop once you clocked out.
Sad to go
Inorganics Manager & Microbiology Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 1, 2018
I loved working at Pace Analytical. I thought I would be there forever. It was my career. I got let go due to financial difficulties. I was very excited to grow and move up in the company and was very sad to leave.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Not doing great financially
Fast Pace, High Stress
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Enjoyed the people I worked with. The job was very high stress and very fast paced. There was a high focus on profitability over quality.
The systems that the company has in place are difficult and not very user friendly. They expect a lot for the amount of salary one is paid.
Fast paced, well paid,
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 26, 2018
Learned many water quality tests working in the Wet Lab. BOD, Nitrates, Ammonia, oil and grease, surfactants Automated instruments, UV Spectrophotometer, titrator, injection pump analyzer

Hardest part is doing mass productions and getting all of the work done while being pushed to not work any over time.

Slow seasons the work flow is more managable, learned lots of tests but not how the results are utilized by clients to help environmental improvement.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work, enjoyed it and the people very much, I would do again if I had the opportunity. The management was great cared and was on top of things.
Overworked and Underpaid
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 1, 2018
The turnover rate is very high. Due to this you don't get the proper training for your job or if you've been there some time you have to pick up the slack and work 10+ hours days.

Great job for new college graduates, but that's it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
A lot
It wasn't worth it.
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 14, 2018
I gained great experience and met some of my closest friends, but that's about it.

In the highly competitive industry of environmental testing, Pace's main goal is to buy out as many private labs as possible to squash the competition. As a result, they are more focused on growing the business than providing quality work and respecting their employees.

I was used; overworked and underpaid. I was piled with more and more responsibilities until I was buried, with no additional compensation or recognition. It wasn't until I cracked under the pressure and began making mistakes that I was recognized - and written up. Never again will I allow a company to take advantage of my work ethic, thanks to Pace.

My case is extreme, but many of my coworkers also felt stressed and underappreciated. The high turnover rate will attest to that.
Pros
Good experience one can use to find a better job.
Cons
Too many to list.
Best Company ever
Corporate Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2018
I had the best boss in the owrld to work for. She was understanding, encouraging, open and available. Willing to help when needed or to even explain whatever you didn't understand. The company provided great benefits and walys put the employees first. They were growing fast when I started there and are still growing. Great Mnagement. Steve Vanderboom the company owner is very approachable and funny and believes in the open door policy. great company
Use you than cut you loose
Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  PADecember 20, 2017
Pace initially was not a bad place to work. They hired me and used me to get them caught up on their backlog. Once their back log was caught up in one area they moved me to a new area. Once that area was caught up they laid me off due to lack of work. Management is a joke. They get rid of good employees to keep their friends there. Useless you are best friends with your supervisor or HR you can guarantee that your job is not safe. Safety at this place was a joke.
Pace: A Good Place to Work
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Davis, CADecember 6, 2017
I've enjoyed the challenges I've had at Pace. There are many excellent people working at Pace, and working on the emergency response side of the business has allowed me to be a part of a superlative team of committed and accomplished professionals.
Pros
Excellent team of people, exceptional.
Cons
High deductible health plan
Product and stressfull
MICROBIOLOGY II (Current Employee) –  San Germán Municipio, PRDecember 6, 2017
It's hard and complicate workplace.
Id identification
Enviromental testing
Bioburden testing
No good management
Working a lot of hours
Save lives
Enjoyed the job
Fast paced environment requires a high self motivation but rewarding
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNNovember 14, 2017
You will get from this company what you put it in. Work hard and you will be reward. Many opportunities for growth if you are willing to work for it. Friendly people.
There were some opportunities to grow however it was challenging working on-site at client location, I felt disconnected from Pace.
On-site Lab Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 8, 2017
It was a challenge to feel connected, valued, or recognized by Pace when I worked on-site at my client location. However, there were opportunities to grow into some leadership roles which I greatly appreciated.
Pros
Good opportunities to grow leadership skills.
Cons
Disconnected from employer when working on-site at client location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pace Analytical. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight