Pace Analytical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A good step but needs work
Lab Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 23, 2018
This was a good stepping stone to reach my career goals. Wish I was warned about the pay and the advancement that was promised was met. My job was easy enough for a college graduate. I was promised promotions within a year of hire and still have not seen those promotions. Really drives the enjoyment of the job out and makes it seem mundane.
I liked it there, I would have probably stayed
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 19, 2018
My position was terminated due to decrease in workload. I did like my co-workers and management but was not there long and can not comment on the company as a whole.
overworked, under paid
Lab Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 12, 2018
pace is only looking out for itself and the bottom line, not the employees. morale is incredibly low, turn over is high. there's a lack of communication from management to employees and pointless meetings.
Pros
flexible schedules, OT opportunities
Cons
OT opportunities, poor work/life balance
it was ok
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 5, 2018
Quite unorganized as far as management is concerned. Local employees and management are very friendly and a pleasure to work with. Better attention needs to be paid to the needs of the lab in order to do our job correctly.
Very collaborative and fun development team. Bad owner.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2018
I loved the work at Pace and my teammates. I learned a lot and had a good time with my coworkers. However there was very little recognition from management and owner. Good thing the business and the development team had such a great relationship. We were able to go around the road blocks. We even had a hackathon to bring talented IT workers in other locations into software development. Our IT director ended up being very impressed with the method of "training".
Great place for a go getter
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2018
The work was rewarding but many challenges come with it. It takes someone highly organized and willing to travel, be at the right place, and know the best solution for success here.
Pros
Seeing different places
Cons
Selling to a tough market
Pace is the worst company i have ever worked for. Fake it till you make it.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 29, 2018
Pace analytical is a young company that attempts to be stand alone however, it takes business models of unrelated companies and applies them. It is more of a factory of low quality data than a trusted laboratory. Management is what they are talking about with the phrase ‘fake it till you make it.’ 90% of issues are at the corporate level but employees are blamed for everything. It is a poor environment to attept to grow. I would not suggest anyone to work for them.
Cons
Poor communication, poor management
Good Starting Position
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 21, 2018
The Company is pretty big so you have lots of advancement opportunities. You can always learn something new. Pay is low and amount of work expected is always high.
Great Team!!!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAMay 2, 2018
While working at Pace, I learned a lot about myself and the field of Chemistry. I was trained for every test/technique from the basics on computer and hands on. I also worked with other departments to learn more material on my free time. I suggest any entry level chemist to work here, because they truly prepare you for other lab positions. It is also a great team to work with.
A fun and positive atmosphere to work for.
Environmental Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2018
Coworkers are friendly and willing to help new hire to learn and assimilate to their new position. Management are care free but also stern to hold you accountable for your actions in order to learn and not repeat mistakes.
Pros
Fun events and friendly atmosphere
Cons
The drive to work can be long during rush hour
Management Not In Tune
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 27, 2018
Management is not particularly in tune with what goes on in the lab on a day to day basis, only gets information from the lab supervisor but never has a full scope of what is going on.
Pros
good for entry level and to develop skills
Cons
management
Positive Place to Work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNMarch 26, 2018
Pace Analytical is a good place to work. The CEO and most of the managers care about their staff and have a defined direction for the company. The work atmosphere is fast paced, but generally rewarding.
It's not a good or financially beneficial environment
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 6, 2018
Pace Analytical is a business among all else. They don't care about the employees at all. They don't treat people fairly who have been with them for multiple years. A typical day at work is stressful from the start and not rewarding at the end. Management is lacking in leadership and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy while dealing with a faulty management structure. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving everyday although the work/stress often did not stop once you clocked out.
Sad to go
Inorganics Manager & Microbiology Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 1, 2018
I loved working at Pace Analytical. I thought I would be there forever. It was my career. I got let go due to financial difficulties. I was very excited to grow and move up in the company and was very sad to leave.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Not doing great financially
Fast Pace, High Stress
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Enjoyed the people I worked with. The job was very high stress and very fast paced. There was a high focus on profitability over quality.
The systems that the company has in place are difficult and not very user friendly. They expect a lot for the amount of salary one is paid.
Fast paced, well paid,
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 26, 2018
Learned many water quality tests working in the Wet Lab. BOD, Nitrates, Ammonia, oil and grease, surfactants Automated instruments, UV Spectrophotometer, titrator, injection pump analyzer

Hardest part is doing mass productions and getting all of the work done while being pushed to not work any over time.

Slow seasons the work flow is more managable, learned lots of tests but not how the results are utilized by clients to help environmental improvement.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work, enjoyed it and the people very much, I would do again if I had the opportunity. The management was great cared and was on top of things.
Stressful
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 16, 2018
Expected to work 50+ hours and only get paid for 40, I was contract and they did not transition me over during the 11th hour. I was given no reason. The managers care only about their pay check and commission and do not care about their employees.
Overworked and Underpaid
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 1, 2018
The turnover rate is very high. Due to this you don't get the proper training for your job or if you've been there some time you have to pick up the slack and work 10+ hours days.

Great job for new college graduates, but that's it.
Pros
Great people
Cons
A lot
Pace Laboratory Review
Gas Chromatography Volatiles Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 21, 2018
Working at Pace Analytical's laboratory was a challenge that has made me a better person overall. The training that was given was fantastic and the job responsibilities were just enough of a challenge that everyday became an exciting game of what could I learn next. Each day posed new opportunities to cross train and feel valued as a member of their team. Their collaborative efforts to make their company better shined brightly each day when having to chart and graph the prior days progress, mistakes, and goals for the future. Each department respected one another as professionals and were excited to work together.
Pros
Team building and planning of future goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pace Analytical. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight