Pace Analytical Employee Reviews

employees in the Salina office were a joy to work with.
Project Co-Ordinator II (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSOctober 11, 2018
Overall the head office in Minneapolis was not management oriented. Required phone and office meetings took up most of each working day and interfered with processing customer reports and invoicing.
Pros
Did give bonus' if office income exceeded a specific amount
Cons
1/2 hour for lunch, no overtime
Great group
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 2, 2018
Great group of people in my area. We have a lot of fun with the Spirit team. Always some type of fun competition between departments for some type of bragging rights. Job is very fast-paced and not for the faint of heart. It would be nice if they would allow for more part time helpers to step in when we get inundated. Company has good benefits and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Spirit team, lots of group functions
Cons
work hours can be long, work load can be over-whelming
Fun
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 17, 2018
This was my first internship. The people were nice and friendly. Learned a lot here. This was my first job and my first look at the corporate world. I recommend working here.
Poor culture, poor pay, long hours....
Lab Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 13, 2018
Although Pace touts that it values it's employees, in reality, the only thing Pace management values is the dollar. There is a high turnover in the laboratory...so much so that that new hires are being told that the turnover is a "perk" because it allows you to move up in the company quicker. Even if you like your position, you must remain upwardly mobile or you will be let go because cheaper help can be hired. The worst problem with the laboratory is that management values the quantity of work over the quality of work delivered to clients. Pace prides itself on quick turn-around times for the delivery of results to clients and it is often at the expense of the quality of the result. There are so many questionable practices utilized in the lab to achieve rapid results that many analysts leave due to the ethical dilemmas that they are put in to.
Pros
Cons
Questionable ethics, value quantity over quality of results.
Good entry level positions
Environmental Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 24, 2018
Working for Pace as an environmental field tech gives one the opportunity to engage with clients on a daily basis while conducting a broad range of sampling methods. Field technicians report to the lab each day but spend most of their time driving to and from jobs, conducting sampling, and maintaining equipment. Compensation is fair however, there is limited growth opportunity.
Good stepping stone.
Pace (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 22, 2018
Pace is not something I want to retire from. The older employees are under appreciated and over worked. The newer hires are poorly trained and left to fend for themselves then belittled for not catching on. The company is lead by a bunch of drinking buddies after work and if you do not fit in with them, your ideas and opinions are over looked. The management structure needs improvement as well as communication. Pace needs a big culture shock. What I would like to see is some accountability for ones who preform poorly. No more "talk about it meetings," and actual actions being taken, high schooler drama ending and more listening to the little guys. They matter more than people given them credit for.
Pros
A handful of great people
Cons
Minimal training. Lack of communication.
Excellent place to work
FTIR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 15, 2018
I work in their LabOps division which does contract work for a variety of companies, and the management and culture seem to be very good. The managers listen to the employees and do a good job in seeing that everyone is progressing. Excellent work life balance.
A good step but needs work
Lab Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 23, 2018
This was a good stepping stone to reach my career goals. Wish I was warned about the pay and the advancement that was promised was met. My job was easy enough for a college graduate. I was promised promotions within a year of hire and still have not seen those promotions. Really drives the enjoyment of the job out and makes it seem mundane.
I liked it there, I would have probably stayed
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 19, 2018
My position was terminated due to decrease in workload. I did like my co-workers and management but was not there long and can not comment on the company as a whole.
overworked, under paid
Lab Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 12, 2018
pace is only looking out for itself and the bottom line, not the employees. morale is incredibly low, turn over is high. there's a lack of communication from management to employees and pointless meetings.
Pros
flexible schedules, OT opportunities
Cons
OT opportunities, poor work/life balance
it was ok
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 5, 2018
Quite unorganized as far as management is concerned. Local employees and management are very friendly and a pleasure to work with. Better attention needs to be paid to the needs of the lab in order to do our job correctly.
Very collaborative and fun development team. Bad owner.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 22, 2018
I loved the work at Pace and my teammates. I learned a lot and had a good time with my coworkers. However there was very little recognition from management and owner. Good thing the business and the development team had such a great relationship. We were able to go around the road blocks. We even had a hackathon to bring talented IT workers in other locations into software development. Our IT director ended up being very impressed with the method of "training".
Great place for a go getter
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2018
The work was rewarding but many challenges come with it. It takes someone highly organized and willing to travel, be at the right place, and know the best solution for success here.
Pros
Seeing different places
Cons
Selling to a tough market
Pace is the worst company i have ever worked for. Fake it till you make it.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 29, 2018
Pace analytical is a young company that attempts to be stand alone however, it takes business models of unrelated companies and applies them. It is more of a factory of low quality data than a trusted laboratory. Management is what they are talking about with the phrase ‘fake it till you make it.’ 90% of issues are at the corporate level but employees are blamed for everything. It is a poor environment to attept to grow. I would not suggest anyone to work for them.
Cons
Poor communication, poor management
Good Starting Position
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 21, 2018
The Company is pretty big so you have lots of advancement opportunities. You can always learn something new. Pay is low and amount of work expected is always high.
Great Team!!!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Rose, LAMay 2, 2018
While working at Pace, I learned a lot about myself and the field of Chemistry. I was trained for every test/technique from the basics on computer and hands on. I also worked with other departments to learn more material on my free time. I suggest any entry level chemist to work here, because they truly prepare you for other lab positions. It is also a great team to work with.
A fun and positive atmosphere to work for.
Environmental Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2018
Coworkers are friendly and willing to help new hire to learn and assimilate to their new position. Management are care free but also stern to hold you accountable for your actions in order to learn and not repeat mistakes.
Pros
Fun events and friendly atmosphere
Cons
The drive to work can be long during rush hour
Management Not In Tune
Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 27, 2018
Management is not particularly in tune with what goes on in the lab on a day to day basis, only gets information from the lab supervisor but never has a full scope of what is going on.
Pros
good for entry level and to develop skills
Cons
management
Positive Place to Work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNMarch 26, 2018
Pace Analytical is a good place to work. The CEO and most of the managers care about their staff and have a defined direction for the company. The work atmosphere is fast paced, but generally rewarding.
It's not a good or financially beneficial environment
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 6, 2018
Pace Analytical is a business among all else. They don't care about the employees at all. They don't treat people fairly who have been with them for multiple years. A typical day at work is stressful from the start and not rewarding at the end. Management is lacking in leadership and communication skills. The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy while dealing with a faulty management structure. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving everyday although the work/stress often did not stop once you clocked out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pace Analytical. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight