Pace Center for Girls Employee Reviews

Pace
Language Arts Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2018
Faculty and staff work together to provide an excellent environment for students. They offer tremendous support and guidance to help prepare students for the future.
Intern
Volunteer/Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work, treated everyone with respect, I enjoyed working with my coworker. The Supervisor was always there if I needed them. The location was easy to get too.
An opportunity of a life time
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 24, 2018
Interning at PACE is one of the best decisions I have made while in Gainesville. You learn so much from the students and staff. You can also truly see the impact that you have- if you try to make one.
A good place to learn
Counselor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 11, 2018
I worked here while I was earning hours towards my license. It can be a very chaotic place to work, which can make it difficult to focus on providing adequate services at times. It can also be a very rewarding place to work as well.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
pay, stressful
helping others
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 5, 2018
this is a great palce to work if you want to truly make a difference and help those who need it most. Working here has been a great overall experience.
It was an All girl setting a diffrent experience-Empowering
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 12, 2018
PACE affords you the opportunity to see the transformation of girls, to ladies to movers and shakers in the community simply by learning to use their voice...AMAZING!
Pros
Lots of communty partners
Cons
Absence of male rolemodels
stressful
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 2, 2018
high stressful days, must have a lot of patience. must love what you do and be willing to be in stressful situations often. The hardest part of the job is that it is hard and difficult to manage at times.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Stressful
A good starter social work job
Social Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with at-risk teens and see them make progress towards success. A typical day at work will be busy and go by fast. At times, staff are put in positions that they are not qualified to do. The staff are supportive of one another and the goals of the students; however, managerial staff are unstable and communicate poorly.
Great Place to Work
Social Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 17, 2017
Pace Center for Girls creates an environment that is centered around caring for the emotional well being of others while encouraging self care. The culture is family and team oriented that works with community partners through a school center environment to assist with meeting the needs of girls as they face life challenges.
Pros
teamwork
Pace
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 2, 2017
This can be a very stressful job, but helping troubled teens always is. It takes a special type of person, and even for those people it can be tough. Turnover is high.
Pros
You are helping teen girls on a daily basis
Cons
Many teens are very disrespectful
Stressful and Unsupportive Environment; HR Problems
Business Manager/Special Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 29, 2017
A typical day consisted of interaction with the students, navigating stressed out and cut throat employees. Management could be supportive, but from different counties.
PACE Center for Girls
Intake Coordinator and Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Responsible for assisting the Program Director and ensuring all students needs were met in a highly paced environment. Responsible for keeping enrollment up at all times. Meeting with parents and students to see if the center was the appropriate placement for each student. Working with all counselors and teachers to ensure successful outcomes for the at risk youth at PACE.
You see the difference you make in girls' lives
Social Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 6, 2017
I was an intern at PACE in Leon county. I built many connections with the girls and some staff members.It was fast paced and the team truly works together to benefit the students. Management, however, was not the best. At times, the academic side of management was a bit much. The program management was fantastic.
I loved working with the girls, but the job was stressful
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLAugust 16, 2017
Depending on your role their is a lot going on at once. Days often felt like hurricanes, but the girls made it worth it. I absolutely loved the training they had though! I always learned valuable information.
Pros
Time to mentor and learn
Cons
Stressful job. I responsbilty and not always a lot of grace from leadership
Poor work environment poor upper management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2017
Pace center can be a rewarding place to work when working with the girls. Work culture takes away from all that due to incompetent leadership and overall hostile work environment. Reach Director provides limited to no support and no training. Director of Reach program poor work ethics yet employees are suppose to perform. The staff turnover rate is very high. The stress level is high and you are given no support. Those in leadership are constantly absent and unavailable yet when something goes wrong they are quick to point finger especially Director of Reach. Every staff member secretly are looking for other employment. Director is not consistent with procedures as she provides one answer and it changes weekly yet when something goes wrong quick to blame employee corporate is aware and does nothing. No support whatsoever. I wouldn't recommend working at PACE. My experience was awful.
Pros
Working with girls is rewarding
Cons
Expectations are ridiculous with no support limited training
The students will be the main reason you stay
Mathematics Teacher/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLJuly 2, 2017
While working at PACE I loved the students. You have the opportunity to truly make a difference and to see that change taking place. What I did not like was I found that some individuals in management had their favorites that they would provide special treatment for. All students deserved to be treated the same. There are some circumstances in which students are in crisis and need special treatment, but this wasn't always the case. Overall, I enjoy my time no matter how challenging it was. I made a difference and that's what truly matters. I must say that I did have a lot of support when it came to emotional and medical struggles.
Pros
Students, Emotional Support and opportunity to make a true difference
Cons
Some of the rules and special treatment of certain students over others
Good model, corrupted by uncaring, power-happy "leadership"
Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 28, 2017
The model for the program is great- provide disadvantaged girls who have suffered some trauma with social and academic support. The staff is also wonderful... but the leadership is seriously lacking and creates a demoralizing and emotionally draining environment. Instructors are expected to serve as supervisors of girls majority of the time(from the time girls enter the center to the time they leave) and when it comes to time off, academic staff is held hostage for that providing coverage while others on staff seem to have an easier time getting vacation and even sick time. The salary is also not commensurate to the amount of responsibility expected in this position.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Administrators/Management
Great organizational mission.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed working at PACE because I support the mission. The team I worked with was supportive and the organization allowed opportunities to balance work/life...
Great mission
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 8, 2017
Excellent organization with extensive services for at risk girls. Management is forward thinking and striving for expansion outside of Florida. Centers are independent.
Wonderful and rewarding job
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 6, 2017
I worked as a teacher aide helping at risk youth turn their life around and gain necessary life skills they need to be successful independent women. Pace Center for Girls is a nonprofit center, funded by grants from the community.