Pace Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very difficult to show individual strengths.
CNC/AUTOMATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 10, 2018
Pace Industries is more about making parts than the people. Very difficult to express your ideas of improvement. Not a very good employee and management relationship.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours and dirty enviroment
Pace "Penitentiary" A Grafton, WI eyesore....
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIJune 27, 2018
Save yourself the headache and stay away from this company. HOT!!!! humid conditions from early summer to late fall. Mandatory company clothing requirements include long sleeve shirts and hardhats. FILTHY is a understatement for their cleaning practices. The only time you see plant wide cleaning is when a customer is visiting in the near future. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Management rides on the coattails of the real workers below them, with little appreciation for the work we do. It's like a culture of "Do as I say, not as a do". Job advancement comes easy for those who have family members higher up on the totem pole(supervisors,managers, and higher), even if their not qualified for the position they applied for. Jobsite safety is maintained adequately, unless a piece of equipment needs to be running immediately. That's when you need to be extra careful, because management will turn a blind eye to your safety in-order to get production running. FIND YOURSELF A BETTER EMPLOYER, I AM..........
Pros
Cons
Everything listed below...
decent place
Machinist/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 26, 2018
the place is clean older but well maintained, the people are helpful. the machines are simple with small indexers for the more complex jobs to be run .
Difficult to manage life and work
High gloss finisher (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PAJune 14, 2018
With the hours, and working many times 7 days a week, it is difficult to spend time with your family when you are working that many hours and that many days a week.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Too many hours to spend time with family
Fast paced environment / Performance based work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Vinita Park, MOApril 22, 2018
I work in the delivery transportation division of Pace Industries. The work is performance based and employees are not all paid the same rate. There are no benefits offered. Fast paced environment loading and scanning packages with very little OJT training available.

Rural routes are especially difficult because of special challenges locating homes that don't display addresses; customers leaving loose dogs to patrol the premises; dangerous flood zones or icy roads during inclimate weather.

Getting to know customers was the best part of the job. Having a routine is nice. I prefer working outdoors and like the job best when the weather is nice.
Pros
Good pay, lots of exercise
Cons
No insurance benefits, Don't work - no pay, no vacation
Produtive and relable job
Die Caster (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARMarch 26, 2018
People I worked become very good friends, and over all Supervisors fair to good. Good benefits. Always had a job there. Worked 7 to 3. Off on weekends. Had holiday pay. Had vacation pay. Sick leave had good insurance
Pros
Paid our bills
Cons
Hot working conditions
trimmer
Trimmer Operator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMarch 19, 2018
operating die cast machines and trim pressers, examining castings for blisters, flow lines, broken fins, broken cores...etc, also working flash off castings with grinders, drills, wire brushes working big heavy duty equipment. When machines breaks down fixing the machines if its minor, lifting 65 pounds or less. Hourly expecting gauging, and shot count paperwork, and maintaining a safe clean work environment.
It was excellent job but bad luck it was long drive
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 10, 2018
it was great job for me, every one who is my senior they help me any situation. I am sorry to say that it was very hard to continue my job due to long drive & too much traffic jam. It was almost 33 mile from my home & driving time 45 minutes to 90 minutes, it's depending on road jam situation. I tried to continue but my family suggested me to find-out same job near of my location. Any way when I resign but my boss was disagree about it, but I was bound to say sorry for long drive situation also I was new driver. I believe if I get any chance again on this field near of my location, I will do better again. There was a problem with HR department about my salary. They hold my salary if I don't leave the job, I explain fairly that it is long distance for me, long distance is not a matter but I drive 3 free way, unfortunately most of the time I had to suffer road jam on 3 free way. Night time when I back from work, I feel danger in bad weather as new driver. I say them in future I will be back if I re-locate in that area, but the refuse me, say it's ok, no need. I never mind it, why not they teach me everything so they can hope more from me.
Pros
Some time they arrange party food
Cons
Yes short break like rest after 3 hours.
Decent place
Trim Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 16, 2018
If you're cool with practically living at the shop and working a lot of hours, it isn't a bad place. The management is laid back, and as long as you do your job correctly you'll always have a job.
Great place to advance
Operations Manager, Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Exhausting, but awarding. Never a dull day at Pace Industries, Inc.
Basically learned something new everyday, whether it be with customers or employee's
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
To many surprises
Really enjoyed
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 9, 2018
worked with a great group of people. Developed a lot of friendships. Had to leave due to moving closer to family but always felt good about going to work there
Not very fun
Deburrer (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJanuary 8, 2018
Low pay, hot environment, and inadequate breaks. Was an entry level position so I guess that's to be expected. Filler words to meet minimum requirements.
on the grind
Visual quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJanuary 4, 2018
very fast paced place to work. the managers were like everywere else, did there job, and made sure we stayed busy, always had plenty of work to do, pay was ok for the type of work we did. very hot in the summer because t was a foundry.
benefits
Cons
Close plant to save money
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARDecember 16, 2017
Worked at plant for 18 years was hot environment . When pace bought the plant they ran the union out uaw sued and won after a few years they shut the plant down because they didn't want to pay a living wage with good benefits. Not a terrible job but I would say they have no problem shutting the doors to save money the plant I was at had been there 50 years lots of talented hard working people
Bad Company
Assembler/Adjuster/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2017
Pace Industries is a manufacturing company where bathroom cabinets are assembled. Very bad company to work for. No benefits, no salary increase, no chance to grow. The good thing is company finally went out of business. Most upper management very rude and ignorant to employees.
Pros
Union
Cons
Horrible management
Positive growing & learning experience
Shop Foreman & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perkasie, PANovember 15, 2017
As I started tech school at 14 years old for welding I had gotten a job rite away at Pace after school & on the weekends. I was very fortunate to have had a couple of good smart men who were willing to teach me what I didnt know about blueprint reading, fabrication, welding, work ethic, & engineering. Till this day I am very thankful because it got me were I am at today.
Pros
Lots of knowledge
Cons
they closed
Relaxed atmosphere for warehouse setting
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work. Salary and benefits excellent. Flexible working hours if necessary. Clean environment. Friendly coworkers. Great communication between home office and Pace Columbus
Productive yet challenging
Inspector/Trimmer/Packer (Current Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNOctober 10, 2017
Typical days go very quickly, very busy constantly with vendors and the billings. A lot of data entry, finding and correcting errors that there may be with reports. Responsible for helping to get together the end of the month report. The hardest part of the day is trying to make sure everything is correct and to contend with sometimes difficult vendors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is I honestly love my job, I love the data entry, dealing with the public and getting to meet different people and the problem solving.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Too short of breaks
Always engaging work environment
Trim Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 24, 2017
Pretty great place to work if you want to learn a lot about die casting and the process of high volume casting. Fast paced work environment, with a lot of quality in mind. People are really great and friendly. Overall very pleased.
Pros
straight forward job, lots to learn
Cons
short breaks, pollution, lots of heavy labor.
Great place to work you can rise as high as your skill and ambition take you
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALSeptember 23, 2017
I've been at the manga division for 20 plus years if you like a fast paced growing job you'll love it. You are constantly learning . Great people too work with pay is competitive and based on your ability
Pros
Pay benifits, family oriented and overtime
Cons
Overtime