Pace Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Produtive and relable job
Die Caster (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARMarch 26, 2018
People I worked become very good friends, and over all Supervisors fair to good. Good benefits. Always had a job there. Worked 7 to 3. Off on weekends. Had holiday pay. Had vacation pay. Sick leave had good insurance
Pros
Paid our bills
Cons
Hot working conditions
trimmer
Trimmer Operator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIMarch 19, 2018
operating die cast machines and trim pressers, examining castings for blisters, flow lines, broken fins, broken cores...etc, also working flash off castings with grinders, drills, wire brushes working big heavy duty equipment. When machines breaks down fixing the machines if its minor, lifting 65 pounds or less. Hourly expecting gauging, and shot count paperwork, and maintaining a safe clean work environment.
It was excellent job but bad luck it was long drive
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 10, 2018
it was great job for me, every one who is my senior they help me any situation. I am sorry to say that it was very hard to continue my job due to long drive & too much traffic jam. It was almost 33 mile from my home & driving time 45 minutes to 90 minutes, it's depending on road jam situation. I tried to continue but my family suggested me to find-out same job near of my location. Any way when I resign but my boss was disagree about it, but I was bound to say sorry for long drive situation also I was new driver. I believe if I get any chance again on this field near of my location, I will do better again. There was a problem with HR department about my salary. They hold my salary if I don't leave the job, I explain fairly that it is long distance for me, long distance is not a matter but I drive 3 free way, unfortunately most of the time I had to suffer road jam on 3 free way. Night time when I back from work, I feel danger in bad weather as new driver. I say them in future I will be back if I re-locate in that area, but the refuse me, say it's ok, no need. I never mind it, why not they teach me everything so they can hope more from me.
Pros
Some time they arrange party food
Cons
Yes short break like rest after 3 hours.
Decent place
Trim Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 16, 2018
If you're cool with practically living at the shop and working a lot of hours, it isn't a bad place. The management is laid back, and as long as you do your job correctly you'll always have a job.
Great place to advance
Operations Manager, Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Exhausting, but awarding. Never a dull day at Pace Industries, Inc.
Basically learned something new everyday, whether it be with customers or employee's
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
To many surprises
Really enjoyed
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 9, 2018
worked with a great group of people. Developed a lot of friendships. Had to leave due to moving closer to family but always felt good about going to work there
Not very fun
Deburrer (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJanuary 8, 2018
Low pay, hot environment, and inadequate breaks. Was an entry level position so I guess that's to be expected. Filler words to meet minimum requirements.
on the grind
Visual quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJanuary 4, 2018
very fast paced place to work. the managers were like everywere else, did there job, and made sure we stayed busy, always had plenty of work to do, pay was ok for the type of work we did. very hot in the summer because t was a foundry.
benefits
Cons
Close plant to save money
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARDecember 16, 2017
Worked at plant for 18 years was hot environment . When pace bought the plant they ran the union out uaw sued and won after a few years they shut the plant down because they didn't want to pay a living wage with good benefits. Not a terrible job but I would say they have no problem shutting the doors to save money the plant I was at had been there 50 years lots of talented hard working people
Bad Company
Assembler/Adjuster/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2017
Pace Industries is a manufacturing company where bathroom cabinets are assembled. Very bad company to work for. No benefits, no salary increase, no chance to grow. The good thing is company finally went out of business. Most upper management very rude and ignorant to employees.
Pros
Union
Cons
Horrible management
Positive growing & learning experience
Shop Foreman & Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perkasie, PANovember 15, 2017
As I started tech school at 14 years old for welding I had gotten a job rite away at Pace after school & on the weekends. I was very fortunate to have had a couple of good smart men who were willing to teach me what I didnt know about blueprint reading, fabrication, welding, work ethic, & engineering. Till this day I am very thankful because it got me were I am at today.
Pros
Lots of knowledge
Cons
they closed
Relaxed atmosphere for warehouse setting
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work. Salary and benefits excellent. Flexible working hours if necessary. Clean environment. Friendly coworkers. Great communication between home office and Pace Columbus
Productive yet challenging
Inspector/Trimmer/Packer (Current Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNOctober 10, 2017
Typical days go very quickly, very busy constantly with vendors and the billings. A lot of data entry, finding and correcting errors that there may be with reports. Responsible for helping to get together the end of the month report. The hardest part of the day is trying to make sure everything is correct and to contend with sometimes difficult vendors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is I honestly love my job, I love the data entry, dealing with the public and getting to meet different people and the problem solving.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Too short of breaks
Always engaging work environment
Trim Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 24, 2017
Pretty great place to work if you want to learn a lot about die casting and the process of high volume casting. Fast paced work environment, with a lot of quality in mind. People are really great and friendly. Overall very pleased.
Pros
straight forward job, lots to learn
Cons
short breaks, pollution, lots of heavy labor.
Great place to work you can rise as high as your skill and ambition take you
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALSeptember 23, 2017
I've been at the manga division for 20 plus years if you like a fast paced growing job you'll love it. You are constantly learning . Great people too work with pay is competitive and based on your ability
Pros
Pay benifits, family oriented and overtime
Cons
Overtime
Easy to work
Die Cast Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARSeptember 11, 2017
Best job I have ever had. They pay you well. They will train you well on anything they want u to do, bit sometimes you'll have to just learn and figure it out on ur own.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Manditory over time
Cut throat company
Die Cast Operator (Current Employee) –  St. PaulAugust 21, 2017
Would not suggest working here. No future. Witnessed recently 16 employees with 30 plus years of seniority let go for no reason. Cost savings in payroll is the only reason. Division president is egotistical, and by-polar. Has all his manager's walking on egg shells. CORPORATE NEEDS TO wake up.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Upper management
I ended up hating working here
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Norton Shores, MIAugust 12, 2017
They under pay quality employees for the amount of hard work they put in, and they over pay the employees that are a bunch of useless, lazy, drama farm. Very poor management, Never properly trained new staff so always had rejections, never made 100% passable parts but shipped them to the companys who never checked, overtime always which is $ for a min but stress when its bs all the time
Nasty work enviroment
Die Cast Operator (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 6, 2017
Its way to hot in there you cant have drinks on production floors so its dangerous plus even hotter when you get im the machine the guys that were training me had burns all over their arms and said it just part of the job. All of that mess for 10.00 dollars an hour no thanks.
Pros
Nice break times every 2 hours
Cons
Bad enviroment really bad pay
Pace is a very hot place to work .They pay well
Breakoff (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJuly 27, 2017
Pace. Is a good place to work the medical Benefits great and the pay is great. I would recommend anyone to work at pace.
Its is a fast pace job.
All the bosses are very nice and helpful they answer all of your questions and show you examples of the work your expected to preform
Pros
Health care