Pace Industries Employee Reviews

Pace "Penitentiary" A Grafton, WI eyesore....
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIJune 27, 2018
Save yourself the headache and stay away from this company. HOT!!!! humid conditions from early summer to late fall. Mandatory company clothing requirements include long sleeve shirts and hardhats. FILTHY is a understatement for their cleaning practices. The only time you see plant wide cleaning is when a customer is visiting in the near future. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Management rides on the coattails of the real workers below them, with little appreciation for the work we do. It's like a culture of "Do as I say, not as a do". Job advancement comes easy for those who have family members higher up on the totem pole(supervisors,managers, and higher), even if their not qualified for the position they applied for. Jobsite safety is maintained adequately, unless a piece of equipment needs to be running immediately. That's when you need to be extra careful, because management will turn a blind eye to your safety in-order to get production running. FIND YOURSELF A BETTER EMPLOYER, I AM..........
Pros
Cons
Everything listed below...
Pace Industries gave me career advancment
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PADecember 23, 2018
Pace Industries gave me great work experience and career advancement opportunities. Real world, fast pasted work environment that helped me work well under pressure. Working with a lot of different types of people gave me the experience dealing with all types of people and all in all was a great work experience I can take with me and help me in the future.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
layoffs
It was a ok place depending on your relationship with people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WINovember 2, 2018
It was ok the raises wasn’t really much everytime you make rate they went up on rate they expected you to go over and beyond your job description and to do other jobs
Small Company culture with ample opportunities to advance
Manager, Machining-Finishing/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNDecember 28, 2018
Small Company culture with ample opportunities to advance. Biggest constraint for some is the long commute (Pace is located in St Paul, MN with another Minnesota manufacturing facility in Maple Lake, MN). Many opportunities to wear many hats and learn on-the-job!
Pros
Small company environment and personable recognition for work well done.
Cons
Limited resources and tight margin industry.
Avoid at all cause
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIOctober 30, 2018
This isn't a place you want to work for. They have no values. Everyone is replaceable to them. When someone put in their 2 weeks they just fire them. If you aren't a yes man than you won't like working at Pace. Management is a joke, they don't work together as a team of Pace, they are more worry about there department. You will be more stress working there than anything. They calm to do 5S, 6S, FiFo but nothing is enforce or given the proper work environment to succeed in those programs.
Cons
Very difficult to show individual strengths.
CNC/AUTOMATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 10, 2018
Pace Industries is more about making parts than the people. Very difficult to express your ideas of improvement. Not a very good employee and management relationship.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours and dirty enviroment
pace is not a bad place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 17, 2018
I liked working here. people are friendly and management is fair. My boss was great. lots of learning if you want. hours were great. got paid weekly. i received 10 day vacation first year.
benefits
Cons
na
Blazing depts of Hel
Inspection (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 31, 2018
There is no fresh air, sweat to death all year long. A member of Management told us not to use the proper instructions in black book, tisk tisk! Hardest part of the day is dealing with people that don't want to work because of drama
Pros
Holidays off paid
Cons
Work ya to death
General Laborer Box packee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2018
Pace industries is great for career advacement beening on time be there everyday no call no shows be on time after lunch be kind and respectful to you're co-workers
Pros
Giving 100/ percent on the job
Cons
Short of work
Mangement sucks
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PADecember 6, 2018
Management sucks. Hr department is the worst i ever delt with. I will and would not recommend anyone to apply at this place. This was the worst experience i ever had with a company
Fast paced environment / Performance based work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Vinita Park, MOApril 22, 2018
I work in the delivery transportation division of Pace Industries. The work is performance based and employees are not all paid the same rate. There are no benefits offered. Fast paced environment loading and scanning packages with very little OJT training available.

Rural routes are especially difficult because of special challenges locating homes that don't display addresses; customers leaving loose dogs to patrol the premises; dangerous flood zones or icy roads during inclimate weather.

Getting to know customers was the best part of the job. Having a routine is nice. I prefer working outdoors and like the job best when the weather is nice.
Pros
Good pay, lots of exercise
Cons
No insurance benefits, Don't work - no pay, no vacation
You don't want to spend the rest of your life here
Secondary Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 24, 2018
I only worked here for full-time summers and it is the worst job I have ever had. The lack of management and how random every day is is one of its downfalls. The place also needs to be cleaned. It looks like it has been abandoned for ten years and then they decided to just start back up again.
productive,
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 8, 2018
i was proud of my job, and i learned a lot of new things. it was an enjoyable job and fun. it was fast paced and most enjoyable part was making all different parts.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Pace Industries was a hard working and we'll paying factory job.
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARDecember 19, 2018
Pace Industries was a hard working and we'll paying factory job. I was in finishing as a machine operator and it was fairly easy work. I worked over night from 11pm to 7am. There were two 15 minute brakes and one 30 minute break.
Pros
They sometimes brought breakfast in for the crew getting off at 7am.
Cons
Not enough days off.
avoid
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 26, 2018
avoid this place, they will treat you like garbage and run you into the ground. You have to be someones princess to get ahead. apply somewhere else, you are better off.
productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2018
Fast paced and professional environment, answering customer phone calls and answer questions about orders or updating customer information. Also file transactions
It was excellent job but bad luck it was long drive
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAMarch 10, 2018
it was great job for me, every one who is my senior they help me any situation. I am sorry to say that it was very hard to continue my job due to long drive & too much traffic jam. It was almost 33 mile from my home & driving time 45 minutes to 90 minutes, it's depending on road jam situation. I tried to continue but my family suggested me to find-out same job near of my location. Any way when I resign but my boss was disagree about it, but I was bound to say sorry for long drive situation also I was new driver. I believe if I get any chance again on this field near of my location, I will do better again. There was a problem with HR department about my salary. They hold my salary if I don't leave the job, I explain fairly that it is long distance for me, long distance is not a matter but I drive 3 free way, unfortunately most of the time I had to suffer road jam on 3 free way. Night time when I back from work, I feel danger in bad weather as new driver. I say them in future I will be back if I re-locate in that area, but the refuse me, say it's ok, no need. I never mind it, why not they teach me everything so they can hope more from me.
Pros
Some time they arrange party food
Cons
Yes short break like rest after 3 hours.
Excellent Employer
Purchasing Agent/Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 10, 2018
A lot of meetings but this is collaborative team environment and a wonderful place to work. They care about maintaining life/work balance. There are frequent events to recognize and communicate with employees.
Pace is a hard, dirty, hot and underpaying place to work.
Die Cast Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grafton, WIJuly 20, 2018
I have been working for this company for 2 years and I have gained a lot of expiereice however they are not willing to pay me for it. They claim that rate of pay is based off of knowledge and my paycheck does not accurately represent that
Pros
Two paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
15 minute breaks
Enjoyed working in Quality Dept.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 22, 2018
Enjoyed the training and work experience in the quality field, FAI's, mechanical and visual inspections. Enjoyed Internal auditing to help with continuous improvement efforts.
Pros
Training, Auditing
Cons
Plant closed and moved to Mexico.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pace Industries. Our community is ready to answer.